[FAQ] Five Flying Squirrels

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
greylynn96

[FAQ] Five Flying Squirrels

Post by greylynn96 »

To recruit the squirrels, you need to have empty party slots and stand in the right areas for each squirrel. You also need to recruit them in order, starting with the only Star of Destiny, Mukumuku (who can also be recruited early game by checking the tree 3 times behind Genkaku's dojo)
deathmf wrote:if u don't get mukumuku in kyaro u can get him near greenhill
makumaku is on the road between greenhill and two river city
mikumiku is on the road between greenhill and forest village
mekumeku is on the road between greenhill and matilda border
mokumoku is in the clearing close to the forest village
-it may help to keep your entire party empty--some of us believe every empty slot is checked for the chance to recruit the squirrel
-you do not have to enter battle or even move. Your PS2 will actually have a load sound when a squirrel joins.

VIDEO SHOWING LOCATIONS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES_3JgJD ... re=related

(original message)
I having a really hard time finding the last squirrel since i read recently from another post that u get a special scene in the ending if u get them all.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The same question was asked at my forum, and I drew a map to help identify the location where you can find mokumoku.

I can't post images here, so I will post the link to that image.

http://suikox.com/mokumoku.jpg

Basically, put a champion rune on yourself and wander around in that area. If you hear your console loading something, that means you got him.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

I'm on my fifth playthrough of Suikoden II and I just got the four squirrels. They definitely join at a specific spot. Normally they'll join right beside a tree that seems slightly larger than the rest. These trees are always by themself. Just stand beside them, making sure to stay on the pathway, and eventually a squirrel will join. It seems that you should enter an area, such as Forest Village, after acquiring a squirrel. Spent an hour trying to get the second one with no luck. Entered Forest Village, left and got the squirrel almost instantly.

With Mokumoku, there is no tree to stand beside. Instead, you just stand in the center of the clearing.
KQswst104

Post by KQswst104 »

I've had Riou stand in that spot for about 5 hours now and no squirrel. How long is it supposed to take to get the 5th squirrel?? What specific part of that area did you get it in? Are you supposed to get them all by a certain point in the game?
Pesmerga69

Post by Pesmerga69 »

lol five? i only got 2 of them... O do u need all the things to get the "best" ending?
-"why is life so hard?" "you keep landing on IRS.."
KQswst104

Post by KQswst104 »

You don't need them all ot get the best ending, but I'm going for a perfect game, so I want to get everything except for Clive's Quest.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

FINDING the 5th Squirrel. Here's a map. Remember that standing still is the key, and that it is random and he may not appear for hours. Browse the net with this running like so.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXX Forest Village XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X....................#...................XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx
........................#...........................XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
.............................#....................................................................
XXXXXXXXX.....................#..........................................................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX............................#.... This is the path................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx........................#...............................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx.......................#.............
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX................#........
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX FOREST XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx................#....
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx...........................#...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..................................#...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx..........................#...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx.......................................................#....
XXXXXXXXXx...................................................................................#...
XXXX..............................................................................................#..
XX ......................STAND STILL IN HERE................................................
XXXXXXX...........................................................................................
XXXXXXXXXXXxx................................................................................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.....................................................................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.......................................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx...........................

XXXX trees
....... grass
#### path

Sorry about the dots, it doesn't like multispaces
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Can you get the squirrels with a Champion's Rune?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

1. The Champion's Rune was only used to save you time so you don't have to enter a random battle while wandering around. You can just stand there without Champion's Rune if you want to, as long as you're in the right location. So it doesn't matter wether you walk around or getting into random battles or just stand there doing nothing.
2. There is no set time for any of the 5 squirrels to join (with the exception of Mukumuku if you recruit him in Kyaro). It's totally random, it could take 1 minute, but it could also take 4 hours.
3. Despite the random amount of time, you WILL get them if you have 1 open slot in your party and if you are in the right location. So the key is patience.
4. As mentioned, the moment they join is when your PSX made a "loading" noise. So the moment you heard your PSX making some noise, just check your party and they'd be there.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
PSKmustang

Post by PSKmustang »

Some of the guides on gamefaqs say to only bring mukumuku with Riou. Is there any truth that it will give you a better chance?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's no concrete evidence either way.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

I'll make this sticky since people seem to be having lots of trouble finding squirrels/Mokumoku.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
AoiHonou

Post by AoiHonou »

I've played Suikoden 2 in the past, and I've already got all 5 squirrels. Here's my observations:

- you can walk around in the area where the 5th squirrel will appear.
- you can bring most of the acquired squirrels in your party
- you can escape random battles but take note that there is a chance of getting the squirrels if you encountered 5-6 enemies in a random battle.
Nameless

Help Please!!

Post by Nameless »

:!: I am at the very end of the game and I never got mukumuku! Can someone please tell me where to find him. I know its near the Greenhill-Muse border but I've wandered around millions of times (mostly staying on the path) but I can never run into him.
Culqan

Post by Culqan »

Umm.. Can someone tell where exactly Mekumeku is?
Is he in Matilda Path (those woods) or on road to Matilda Path?

And Nameless i think your problem is that you have 6 members in your party?
Another stupid message has been posted ^^