Getting Mazus and Pesmerga Before Greenhill

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
knight85

Getting Mazus and Pesmerga Before Greenhill

Post by knight85 »

I've cheated to get tessai at the start of the game so that i'll have a blacksmith in the castle right from the start and by my count including tessai i will have 101 characters by the time i return to the castle after the neclord mission

which should bring my castle up to level 4.

will i be able to get pesmerga and mazus before the battle of greenhill?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Getting Mazus and Pesmerga Before Greenhill

Post by Sasarai10 »

knight85 wrote:I've cheated to get tessai at the start of the game so that i'll have a blacksmith in the castle right from the start and by my count including tessai i will have 101 characters by the time i return to the castle after the neclord mission

which should bring my castle up to level 4.

will i be able to get pesmerga and mazus before the battle of greenhill?

If you added Tessai via a cheat device i don't think so :roll:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I'm pretty sure I've taken Pesmerga on the mission to Greenhill and been pissed off that nothing happened between him and Yuber. And I've taken Mazus to Muse to fight those golden wolves, but I can't remember if that's before or after Greenhill. No cheating involved either.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

sticky-runes wrote:I'm pretty sure I've taken Pesmerga on the mission to Greenhill and been pissed off that nothing happened
Nothing EVER happens with Pesmerga!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Don't get me started on Pesmerga again.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

Sasarai10 wrote: If you added Tessai via a cheat device i don't think so :roll:
even tho i cheated for tessai. he is part of the stars of destiny. i checked the stone tablet and he's on it
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

knight85 wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote: If you added Tessai via a cheat device i don't think so :roll:
even tho i cheated for tessai. he is part of the stars of destiny. i checked the stone tablet and he's on it
Maybe if the game counts on him as a +1, then he could add to number of required before Mazus/Pesmerga joins. Otherwise, they could have a flag that checks whether a certain scenario has been done like Tinto etc.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, it's tough to answer that question. There's any amount of foolishness they could have engaged in that would prevent you from getting him despite meeting the requirement for minimum recruits.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Castle levels won't depend on number of recruits alone. A certain progress in the story is also required. For castle lv 4 Greenhill must be cleared.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Ah Son of Bitch, I know what I've done, I got it confused with the part where you regroup at Greenhill before heading to Rockaxe!
knight85

Post by knight85 »

well i'm just about to go to the toran republic. so i'll have my answer in a few days
knight85

Post by knight85 »

i can however confirm one thing. tessai is being counted as one of the recruited stars of destiny.

i know this because i was able to recruit Bob without having tsai's daughter tomo, which i would normally need to do to get my favorite werewolf
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

knight85 wrote:i can however confirm one thing. tessai is being counted as one of the recruited stars of destiny.

i know this because i was able to recruit Bob without having tsai's daughter tomo, which i would normally need to do to get my favorite werewolf

In Bob's case even 4 non-star squirells count and i'm pretty sure about this because i've recruited him once when i had 77-78 recruits plus the 4 non-star squirells

And of course you don't need to have Tomo to get Bob,just around 80 characters including non-stars
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Non-stars count for every character limit.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

yeah i know i dont need tomo if i have the flying rats. but other than the one that's required. i dont get them.

and if i were to have picked valeria, i wouldnt have been able to get mondo and sasuke until later in the game, which would have left me with 78 stars (if i didnt get killey and annalee)

in order to get bob you need 80 characters