Alternate Rune Animations?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
bluemask

Alternate Rune Animations?

Post by bluemask »

I know Valeria has this alternate animation for her Falcon Rune where she uses it in a more awesome fashion. Are there any confirmed personal runes that supposedly does this? I heard Wakaba's White Tiger does it too but I haven't seen it yet :P
sticky-runes

Re: Alternate Rune Animations?

Post by sticky-runes »

yes, Wakaba does all kinds of flips and kicks and spins instead of just tossing fireballs at the enemy.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Guess it's spam mode for me then lol. Wanted to see that!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

oh, and while these are not rune attacks, Kahn sometimes uses an alternative weapon (I still don't know what it is, some sort of spear?), and Sigfried sometimes attacks with his hooves instead of his horn.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

sticky-runes wrote:oh, and while these are not rune attacks, Kahn sometimes uses an alternative weapon (I still don't know what it is, some sort of spear?), and Sigfried sometimes attacks with his hooves instead of his horn.
:shock:

How long will it take before we know absolutely ALL and EVERY things hidden in that game?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

74 years, 3 days and 22 minutes, so sayeth Leknaat.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I think Kahn and Sigfried to that on critical hits.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

wataru14 wrote:I think Kahn and Sigfried to that on critical hits.
Yes, I think that's correct.

Oh and just to add (not rune animation either), Unite attacks can sometimes have an alternate version. This includes family attack of Riou/Nanami where Nanami is one lazy *ss. There's also Gengen/Gabocha unite where there's a bunch of them attacking the enemies(?), it's super strong.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the White Tiger Rune alternate animation occurs when the user is at critical health, and the animations are also used for the unite attack.
http://suikosource.com/runes/list/?rune ... ikoden%202

Valeria's critical Falcon animation is also used in her unite attack.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:
:shock:

How long will it take before we know absolutely ALL and EVERY things hidden in that game?

ahhh i wish we could. sometimes i feel that even if i turn 60 y.o. i still won't have discovered anything in Suikoden world. Alternate Rune ANimations/scenes,Hidden Comments,etc...ohhhh damn it :| :cry:

Now about Kahn's alternate weapon is indeed for critical hits and it seems like a Trident not a spear...his regular weapon is more like a tube instead of a sword.

Noticed anybody else that if claw users like Sierra,Wakaba or L.C. Chan miss an attack with having a rune attached on their weapons,the enemy will still receive some damage from the rune? :|
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Noticed anybody else that if claw users like Sierra,Wakaba or L.C. Chan miss an attack with having a rune attached on their weapons,the enemy will still receive some damage from the rune? :|
Haven't played the game for a long time, but I'm pretty sure this is valid for at least any S-range character.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote: Haven't played the game for a long time, but I'm pretty sure this is valid for at least any S-range character.
No i don't think so,because i'm pretty positive that sword users (having a magic rune attached) won't deal any damage if they miss an attack.... :)
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

You're right, I guess I confused it with Hitting an enemy, but the physical attack deals no damage, but the embedded rune does?

It might be that I remember Zamza doing it, so that would be in favor of your theory.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:You're right, I guess I confused it with Hitting an enemy, but the physical attack deals no damage, but the embedded rune does?

It might be that I remember Zamza doing it, so that would be in favor of your theory.

I don't know about Zamza but i remember Sierra's,Wakaba's and L.C. Chan's embed runes dealing damage if their regular attack fails.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:You're right, I guess I confused it with Hitting an enemy, but the physical attack deals no damage, but the embedded rune does?

I don't know about Zamza but i remember Sierra's,Wakaba's and L.C. Chan's embed runes dealing damage if their regular attack fails.
Did what I read right? The enemy taking elemental damage even when an attacker missed?