Characters' ethnicity

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
bluemask

Characters' ethnicity

Post by bluemask »

I always wondered... It appears there are nationalities in the game such as L.C.Chan, Tsai, Freed Yamamoto and company. But then again, I started to wonder how these seems to be present considering the Suiko world is purely an original world. Also, I'm wondering about Hauser who appears to be of african descent but clearly doesn't belong to Karaya who are tan people. Just where do they hail from?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Characters' ethnicity

Post by Sasarai10 »

yeah i always wondered about Hauser's ethnicity...truth is he looks like an african guy.

in cook-offs Fu Tan Chen (or what his name was) gives some hints about characters' origin. for example he says that Apple likes French Food...so she could be from France...or Huan who likes Chinise food,could be from China.

Freed Yamamoto sounds like a Japanese name,but yet Freed doesn't look like a Japanese guy...really :lol: i'd pass him as an Englishman :P
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

You can just say "black" y'know.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Hauser is the man who would risk his neck for his brother man. You see this cat Hauser is a bad mother. He's a complicated man but no one understand him but his woman.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Hauser is the man who would risk his neck for his brother man. You see this cat Hauser is a bad mother. He's a complicated man but no one understand him but his woman.

Woman?? Hauser was single wasn't he? :roll:
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Hauser is the man who would risk his neck for his brother man. You see this cat Hauser is a bad mother. He's a complicated man but no one understand him but his woman.
Daaaamn right..

It kinda bothers me that they never gave any hint as to his racial origins.

Actually, Hauser looks a lot like one of the security guards at my first job lol
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
BrucePrintscreen

Sasarai10 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlsufZj9Fg
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

There isn't such a thing as purely original world imo. You'll always find already existent elements.

Other than his first name and his eyes, Freed is totally cliche Japanese. If Shu had asked openly for someone to be willing to go on a kamikaze mission, Freed would've been the first to come forward.

And Bob should have Kahn's family name to make things even more obvious.

For ethnicity you could decide by appearance or by their names, sometimes they contradict, but mostly they match. Appearance merely tells you if someone is eastern or western. Names can be more exact. I made a short list with the occurence of Suikoden 2 names, in case someone's interested.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlsufZj9Fg
Just between us girls, nothing gets my *** wetter than a black man singin'.
BrucePrintscreen

sticky-runes wrote:
Just between us girls, nothing gets my *** wetter than a black man singin'.

Once I played Suikoden 2 and during the final battle at L'Renouille, I used Adlai's explosive power but it killed Hauser. Adlai and I were grossed out and embarrassed by this situation so we teleported back to the castle and to the Inn. Hilda was absent but Alex was there. He told me, "When you teleported in here, did you notice a sign out front that said, "Dead nigger storage?" Answer to question. Did you see a sign out in front of my house that said, "Dead nigger storage?" Hilda is gonna be back from her night shift and she's gonna see that?" That was pretty fucked up. In the end, I called Riou who said to relax because he was sending in The Georg. I was very excited, but Adlai was very disrespectful to him. When The Georg arrived with plenty of solutions, Adlai just told him "please would be nice!" so The Georg told him "Set is straight, Buster. I'm not here to say "please" I'm here to tell you what to do. And if self-preservation is an instinct you possess, you better fuckin' do it and do it quick. I'm here to help. If my help's not appreciated, lotsa luck gentlemen. If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fuckin' Inn". He told Alex that Uncle Riou wanted to offer him new curtains. Everything went alright in the end, but I never forgave Adlai for it.