Luc got Cyclone Rune by Default [?]

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
tadhi

Luc got Cyclone Rune by Default [?]

Post by tadhi »

I know it sounds crazy, but I swear it really happen to me years ago.

I was playing Suikoden 2 with Suikoden 1 data (Luc has Cyclone Rune in Suikoden 1), and when Luc joined my team, he already got Cyclone Rune instead of just Wind Rune, wtf?

I wasn't dreaming or imagining things, because I remember clearly spamming Luc's The Shredding in greenhill.

After that bug (maybe delusion, but no, I'm sure of it) whenever I start playing Suikoden 2 with Suikoden 1 data, I always praying for Luc and Flik to get their Cyclone and Thunder Rune by default, but nope, never happen again (it never happen for flik anyway, just Luc)

Is it really impossible to pass the rune from Suikoden 1 to Suikoden 2?
But why my Luc could get his cyclone rune by default?
Is it a bug?
or was I just imagining things at that time? (which I'm pretty sure I wasn't)
anyone ever experience the same?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Luc got Cyclone Rune by Default [?]

Post by Pyriel »

The transfer doesn't work, and even if it did, it was designed to downgrade second-tier runes. Thunder would become Lightning, and Cyclone would just be a Wind Rune. This is based on a review of code from the US game. It is remotely possible that one of the other versions has different bugs in that code, and a broken Rune translation table, but I doubt it.