Missable characters

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Glitch

Missable characters

Post by Glitch »

I saw and read the stickied topic on missable characters/items/etc, but I had some further questions about them that the guide was vague about or didn't answer. Are all of them only available up to the end of their description, ie: Clive is only available on my second trip to Muse, and then once at South Window, afterwords he's gone forever? The same question goes for the rest of the stars listed below. Some are obvious, such as Gilbert, but Feather/Sigfried/Abizboah/Rulodia don't really list a location or time where I would find them.

I'd love to have a little more in depth guide as to when and where these characters are found. I just don't want to find out I missed a star after it is too late :(

I did see the very in-depth walkthough on the homepage, but I would like to go on my own before getting stuck and needing a hint from the walkthough, however, I don't want to miss any of the stars either though my bumbling past one that will be unavailable later on.

Is the list below in chronological order?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Characters:
Notice that you have to recruit all characters before you walk into the briefing about the Rockaxe mission, in order to get the 108 stars bonus. This includes keeping them all alive, except Kiba.

Clive
Find him on your second trip to Muse.

Gilbert
Attack him in the major battle outside of Muse, then keep him alive after he switched sides.

Kasumi/Valeria
You have to choose one. You cannot have them both. (Choose Kasumi, see below)

Ridley/Boris
If Ridley dies due to your decisions, Boris joins. Again, both cannot be recruited.

Feather/Sigfried/Abizboah/Rulodia
2 Listening runes, and 4 monsters to choose from. Ayda joins along with Feather. Rulodia does not count as a star, and you need Abizboah in order to recruit her. These are your options:

1. Feather + Sigfired
2. Feather + Abizboah
3. Sigfried + Abizboah (you will miss Ayda and fail to recruit 108 stars, so do not choose this combination)
4. Abizboah + Rulodia + Chuchara (by spending one rune to Rulodia, you fail to recruit 108 stars, so do not do this. However, you'll recruit their exclusive, but weakly child Chuchara).
Last edited by Glitch on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Missable characters

Post by Sasarai10 »

If you miss Clive in Muse,he won't appear in South Window,but he'll be gone forever.

Feather can be found in Forest Village once your castle becomes level 3. Same goes with Sigfried who can be found in Kobold's Village,but you must have recruited Hix & Tengaar first.

Abizboah & Rulodia can be found in Tinto mines. You can get Abizboah after Tinto's arc and Rulodia once you have castle level 4. Also Chuchara can be found in your castle docks,once you have recruited them both. NOTE that Rulodia can only be recruited if you have chose Kasumi instead of Valeria,so you can have castle level 4. This isn't mentioned in the guide. :wink:

This happens because if you choose Valeria,the 2 ninjas (Mondo & Sasuke) will be available once you have castle level 4,and you won't have enough recruits to upgrade it.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Sasarai10 wrote:Abizboah & Rulodia can be found in Tinto mines. You can get Abizboah after Tinto's arc and Rulodia once you have castle level 4. Also Chuchara can be found in your castle docks,once you have recruited them both. NOTE that Rulodia can only be recruited if you have chose Kasumi instead of Valeria,so you can have castle level 4. This isn't mentioned in the guide. :wink:
How is this not possible? The only missing recruits are
- Sasuke
- Mondo
- Vincent
- Genshu
- Pesmerga
- Mazus

Which is 6, and you need 101 total stars for Castle Level 4.
Feather/Sigfried/Abizboah/Rulodia don't really list a location or time where I would find them.
The only missable thing with these is that you cna only recruit two of them. Also, as the guide also says, you may miss your chance for 108 SoDs (you absolutely need Feather and may not get Rulodia).
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:
How is this not possible? The only missing recruits are
- Sasuke
- Mondo
- Vincent
- Genshu
- Pesmerga
- Mazus

Which is 6, and you need 101 total stars for Castle Level 4.

If you want to have Rulodia and Chuchara then you will have 2 stars less (Ayda & Feather) so we have 106. And if you put away those 6 characters,then we have 100. :wink:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Non-stars also count:
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 86#p105186

But you're right that the castle level information should be in the SoD guide.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Non-stars also count:

Are you sure about this? I remember recently once i have liberated Greenhill i had 100 stars along with the 4 squirels (104 total),and still a level 3 castle. So i recruited Tessai,and become level 4 then. :|
KakCAT

Post by KakCAT »

Hi,

is Futch "kind of" missable?

I forgot to get him when I first went to Rockaxe and now I'm almost at the end and I can't reach Rockaxe without triggering the last Leknaat scene.

I know I'll be able to get him after the scene, but if you're supposed to go for a 'good ending' you can miss him. (searching GS codes as I write this...)
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:Non-stars also count:

Are you sure about this? I remember recently once i have liberated Greenhill i had 100 stars along with the 4 squirels (104 total),and still a level 3 castle. So i recruited Tessai,and become level 4 then. :|
Haven't tested this myself, but Celes is reliable.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

KakCAT wrote:Hi,

is Futch "kind of" missable?

I forgot to get him when I first went to Rockaxe and now I'm almost at the end and I can't reach Rockaxe without triggering the last Leknaat scene.

I know I'll be able to get him after the scene, but if you're supposed to go for a 'good ending' you can miss him. (searching GS codes as I write this...)

Yes him and Humphrey are missable. Your only chance to get them is when you are heading to meet with Gorudo. Though you have more chances to get them if you use Matilda's glitch,as early as Viktor suggests you to find new recruits while your stay at the Fort. Your last chance actually is,when you are heading to Muse to sign for a peace treaty after defeating Luca,by using the glitch.

Antimatzist wrote: Haven't tested this myself, but Celes is reliable.

Then depends on the version i guess :)
Glitch

Post by Glitch »

OK, thanks for all the feedback Sasarai10, Antimatzist, and KakCAT. Very helpful. I have edited the quote in my original post to reflect what everyone has said. Please let me know what I have done wrong (I'm sure I have!) Also, is the list in chronological order? If not, can you please correct me so I can fix the OP?