Can you have all items in your inventory/store/attached?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Can you have all items in your inventory/store/attached?

Post by Sasarai10 »

When i say everything i mean everything. Even the foods. There are 240 different foods in the game (40 recipes x 6 different kinds of food from each recipe) and i wonder if it's possible to have them attached in your characters or leave them in the store,or carry them in your inventory,along with the armors placed in "others" category :|
gildedtalon

Re: Can you have all items in your inventory/store/attached?

Post by gildedtalon »

But those foods are not unique so I never store them or put them in my inventory
You can just keep buying them, why bother?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Offhand, I'd say yes. Provided your parameters are just one of everything. You have 384 (maybe a few more) generic item slots that can hold most things, plus all the armor and rune slots on your characters to take up some of the slack. How tight it'll be depends on if you plan to hold collectibles forever. Although, you obviously can't do that with recipes if you're planning to get the food.

There are 622 items included in the game.

If you're not holding onto everything, that eliminates 82 items for the collectibles (seeds, recipes, plans, window & sound sets), so down to 540 right there. You can put one of each rune on a character to hold those, so that removes a further 87 items. 453. Another 44 items are helmets, armor, and shields. 409. Next we can eliminate the Suiko Map; Rag; Oily Rag; Rope: two kinds of Flint; Flour; Wooden Amulet; Healing Herb; Highland Uniform; the plates: Triangle, Square, and Circle; Clay; Listening Crystals; Packages; Leon's Letter; and Entry Permit as they're all key items. We can also drop two of the the vases from Grandpa's house, since you can only choose one without cheating. That's 22 more gone. 387. Then ditch 4 of the hammers, assuming you'll give them to the blacksmith, and you come in just under the limit already at 383. You can also store what, 6 decorative items in the bath? That's even more wiggle room, and a couple of the items that are included in the game can't be found (Solitude Rune, Bath Set, the Hood thing), so that gives you even more space. There's no real reason to hold onto trade items, so you could probably get the final tally to come in around 320-330, depending on your requirements.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Actually i want to have trading items in my list. I wanna have even medicines,antitoxins,etc. And i wonder why they aren't mentioned in misc. items or somewhere else :|

Now about the key items (Rope,the plates in Sindar,etc) you can't have them forever. So forget about them. Anyway,Runes are easy to fit it,in your characters,and the body armor too. Ok about it. :)

Problem is the "accesories" armor and the food/bath items/curative items that my characters must carry. Don't forget the scrolls too,because i consider them as seperate items too.

Also,all the key items i give them to the suitable person (Windows to Tenkou,Sound Sets to Connel,etc) except the Hammers,which i want to keep them. I want to keep them,because they won't be displayed like Windows or Sound Sets you know :)

Pyriel,you say there are 6 bath items....but i've seen only 2 (Chick & Boulder Set) which are the other 4?

@gildedtalon Of course,but still....they're counted as separated items...no? :|
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I showed my work all the way down, and medicines and scrolls are obviously included in the 622 individual items we had to start with. You'll notice I didn't remove them anywhere along the line. Since you want to have trade items, you won't be able to have multiple copies of anything expendable, but they'll fit. Given that you also want the hammers, you are pushing the limit. After excluding the cruft items (Solitude Rune) and a duplicate or two, the final number with hammers and trade goods is in the vicinity of 380 individual items. You'd have to carefully manage every bit of space on each character, but they'd likely all fit in the end.

A lot of those key items can stay with you forever, but they appear in their own separate inventory. I don't know how many slots are allocated to it, but it hardly matters.

By "6 decorative bath items", I meant statues and paintings and the like that are placed in the bath and not in your inventories. Maybe it's 8. I don't remember. At any rate, you pick up some space by storing them there.

This is kind of an interesting thought experiment, but I can't fathom why you'd want to go out and actually do it. Something like 90% of the food items aren't useful enough to bother with, and there's little point in carting around Tunics or Boots beyond about the first two hours of play. The final result wouldn't be a neat list. It would look more like the work of a digital hoarder.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hmmm let's do the math :roll:

http://suikosource.com/games/gs2/guides/armor.php

Here i see,we've got 69 characters that can take some armor. But at the end of the game,Jowy & Nanami would be unavailable,and you can have only Kasumi or Valeria (Kasumi in my case),so we have 66 characters left. Each charater have 3 slots in "Others" so 66 X 3 = 198...and we've got 240 food items & 52 "accesories" items (Chick & Boulder Set included which are not mentioned in the list) so we have 292.

198 (others) + 60 (store) + 30 (inventory) = 288.

So it's impossible :|

Yeah,Boots and Tunic are useless,but still they count as an item...don't they?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Ah, yeah, sorry. I neglected to account for the support characters and others that have inventories you can't manage through the menus in my initial calculation. Yeah, it's impossible without cheating then. And if your goal is to show off the save by browsing inventories to prove you have one of everything, then even cheating won't help.

Of course useless items are still items. I wasn't saying that they're not, just that retaining or collecting them serves no purpose.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

This is what i'm gonna do then. I'm gonna have 2 sperate playthroughs. One with every single food,and one with everything else.

I guess foods can fit it in, in 288 slots...probably there are less than 48 permanent accesories in characters equipment :|
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Also don't forget that some characters have accessories that cannot be remove. Even though from what I see, only the Water Amulet is permanently attached to two characters, so it's not important to consider this. And there is a total of 16 permanently fixed accessories.

And then, i don't see why you would want to have a save stat with this. Thinking about it is fun, but actually doing it?
RoBDaWG

Post by RoBDaWG »

Yoww... and I thought I was neurotic when it came to stuff like this!

That's some love of the game right there, playing through just to collect everything.