New way to play suikoden 2

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Poet

New way to play suikoden 2

Post by Poet »

To make the game more fun and challenging.

1. Other than required,use only animals in all battles(squirrels,siefried,aziboah,shiro,feather)

2. No rune magic,use gameshark to remove brightshield rune. No attack runes as well.

3. No lv99 trick,no stat stone trick,no maltida trick.

4. Use only hero,nanami and viktor for tinto arc.

5. Recruit as little people as possible,use gameshark to get the animals.

6. No bribing or running away from battles.
gildedtalon

Re: New way to play suikoden 2

Post by gildedtalon »

This isn't Harvest Moon, thank you. I used to love abusing Gameshark for Harvest Moon :/
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Nice idea,lol. Using only animals could make it more Pokemon-esque. :P
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

One way I always recommend people to play is to try different characters, just to experience.

I.e. Suikoden I has a problem where characters always get chucked in your party, therefore limiting your freedom (something they clearly addressed in later games with entourages), however, so many characters just go unnoticed and unplayed.

Viktor, Flik, Alen, Grenseal, Crowley, Luc, Pesmerga, etc are seen a lot. There's Eileen, Tengaar and Rubi whom deal a good amount of damage. Ronnie Bell and the Hate Rune plow through enemies. I believe Camille is underrated, because you get her so early. Sonya and Milich are pretty strong as well.

Suikoden II boasts the same issue. Too many people stick with Georg, Pesmerga, Sheena, Killey, Sierra, McDohl, etc.
Suikoden II also has a problem that a lot of characters look and act cool, yet have massive flaws, i.e. Shin and his "once-per-battle" Spider Slay, or Genshu's Swallow which does 1x dmg only. Still, it's fun experimenting with other characters.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

How about using characters like Lester,Antonio or Sergei in S1 and Tuta,Millie or Shilo in S2. I guess there are characters that many people,wouldn't dare to use against bosses,but personaly i've managed to beat the Golden Hydra with the 2 cooks and Sansuke...lol.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Even charcaters like Griffith and Lepant, etc.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Hey, I use Lepant! :) He's not amazing by any stretch, and his wife is much MUCH better than he is, but he has no real weaknesses. Mr. Completely Average.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Do people actually use bribe in these games?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Do people actually use bribe in these games?

I tried to do a playthrough with keeping Tir at level 1,but i ended up having him level 27 at the end :(
So i had to use bribing quite often.

Also it's useful,when you are almost dead....so in case you have enough money,just bribe your enemy,and go to the nearest town,in order to heal your allies :wink: