Mokumoku

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Kirano

Mokumoku

Post by Kirano »

I'm trying to get Mokumoku and I'm obviously having a hard time...

I just had a question regarding the lady in Greenhill who tells you about the various squirrels joining her... does she mention where to find Mokumoku? I have the other four in my squad and she still talks about the green caped one on her way back from Mathilda, but I have that one already.

! - Wow even weirder, when I turn Mekumeku in at Leona's he disapears from my roster... anyone?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Mokumoku

Post by Pyriel »

I don't know if she does or not. Mokumoku is in a region on the far west of the map, in a small clearing that you get to by following the path south of the one that leads to Forest Village. The two clearings sort of look like a bird's beak, and Mokumoku is in the lower part, if that helps. The quickest way to get any squirrel is to walk into its area, and immediately check to see if it joined. If it didn't, you can turn right back around and head to town. The first step you take into the squirrel's region causes the game to try to recruit it. If the attempt fails, there's a timer that starts, so that a few minutes elapse before the next attempt. Going into town resets the timer right away, so unless it takes you forever to fight your way back to town, you'll save quite a bit of time.

I don't know about Mekumeku. You probably just overlooked him. There's no bug I've ever heard of that causes him to disappear. Of course, if you used codes, there's always the possibility that something went haywire because of them.
Kirano

Re: Mokumoku

Post by Kirano »

So I verified a few things first: (I am playing on my ps3 with an original copy btw)

1- I reloaded my game in which the four squirrels were in my party (muku/maku/meku/miku) and talked to the lady in greenhill. She still taked about the green cape squirrel from mathilda.

2- I went back to Leona's to remove all squirrels from my party and, sure enough, mekumeku disapeared from my roster again.

Realising that the game probably never ''switched on'' mekumeku to my roster the first time he joined (even though he was in my party), it made a lot of sense that the lady in greenhill would still talk about him and that I could not find mokumoku.

3- Went to find him a second time and did.

4- Now the lady in greenhill speaks of a yellow caped squirrel on the way from forrest village.

5- Found Mokumoku on the 3rd attempt.

I don't know if this happened before but it could explain why so many people have trouble finding mokumoku. If the squirrel you're supposed to recruit next isn't the one the lady in Greenhill is talking about, you're probably bugged.