Suikoden 2 NA Bug Fix Patch Help

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
fercarlo24

Suikoden 2 NA Bug Fix Patch Help

Post by fercarlo24 »

Whats up guys I'm a new member here and I love Suikoden 2. I recently just found out about the bug fix patch that fixes various bugs that somehow dampen my experience. The Level 99 bug and the War Themes #1 and #3 bugs respectively. Now for some reason I cant patch the game. To describe I followed the instruction in the Wikispaces but I have difficulty with the Original ISO and Patched ISO sections of the patching. So here is the name of my ISO.

Suikoden II [NTSC-U] [SLUS-00958].img

With regards to the Patched ISO which file should I be using. I presume that it is the UWASA1 or UWASA2.bin files (opened by VLC Media Player in my PC)

But upon patching it has this notice

Access is denied.
Error occurred while processing: C:\Users\Fer.
A subdirectory or file Carlo\Desktop\patch\patch\NA\temp already exists.
Error occurred while processing: Carlo\Desktop\patch\patch\NA\temp.
Problem creating C:\Users\Fer Carlo\Desktop\patch\patch\NA\temp for patch work. Aborting.

Batch process exited with code 1

FAILURE: Step 01 - "Disc Verification" failed. Halting

So how should I go about this. I appreciate the help :D
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Suikoden 2 NA Bug Fix Patch Help

Post by Pyriel »

The patcher creates a couple of child processes that run batch tools, and Windows has a rather screwy hangup about paths being passed around between them. Specifically, if there's a space in the path, it can't do it properly. Put the patch folders in a directory like "C:\s2patch" or something, and it'll work just fine. I've not seen the "access denied" errors that I can recall. Those might be due to having it in your Desktop folder. Doing that has always been just fine for Windows XP, but Windows 7 can be funny about it.

I don't know if the patcher will take your IMG file. It's meant to work on an ISO file or any image file without any fluff (like the fluff in an NRG), so it'll depend on what tool created it. That's your source image/ISO. The patched file will be a new creation, so you only need to tell what folder to put it in, and provide a name. The UWASA files are part of the patch, and will replace files on the disc. They're not the patched image.
Last edited by Pyriel on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
fercarlo24

Post by fercarlo24 »

Yeah I'm doing this in Windows 7. Thanks I'll try the directory thing
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

There's a help file linked from the patch page, if you need step-by-step instructions. http://suikodenbugfixes.wikispaces.com/Patcher+Help
fercarlo24

Post by fercarlo24 »

Ok the patcher completed its patching but when i load my save file the bugs are still there. The tutorial sadly did not show what the name of the file is. Are they the UWASA files in the NA patch folder?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Tutorial section 4: "Specify Source and Target Disc Images"

See the screenshot where it says "Patched Image" and then "F:\GS2Patch\gs2_patched.iso". Yeah, that's not your patched image, but you had to enter a value there to run the patch. Whatever you had in that field is where your patched image went. I already told you that the UWASA files are part of the patch and are not the patched disk image.
fercarlo24

Post by fercarlo24 »

Hmmm so I patch the UWASA in the ISO. Then the patched iso will be used to a new ISO? So my original ISO becomes a new one I will try it.
fercarlo24

Post by fercarlo24 »

I think I get the point. The original ISO will be the base and the patched ISO wil be the output. All this time ive been patching the UWASA files. Basically i need to have to clean isos to patch the game. Ill try and report the results.
fercarlo24

Post by fercarlo24 »

It finally worked. phew thanks man
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Glad you got it working.

Are you telling me that you were setting the Patched Image file name to one of the UWASA#.BIN files in the patch directory? I did not anticipate anyone trying that, and I should probably make it impossible to put the output in any of the patch sub-directories.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

keeping the game alive, pyriel! MVP
RoBDaWG

Post by RoBDaWG »

The patched ISO field is just the output, whatever you want the new file to be called.
acceleration

Post by acceleration »

help me, i had follow the tutor but it didnt work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Don't use spaces in the folder and file name, that might help.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 85#p147159

Better to use the newest version. It doesn't spawn other processes, so it doesn't have that limitation.