Things about suikoden 2

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Poet

Things about suikoden 2

Post by Poet »

Don't get me wrong,i love the game.
Some things i realise:

1. Greenhill is town second only to Muse,and even has an academy yet theres no mayor office when even south window has one?
2. Both the 2 monsters summoned by neclord are much stronger than neclord himself.
3. Genshu is so weak despite being one of the last character to get.
4. Physical characters are so much less useful than magic users.
5. Sierra deserves the white saint rune more than siefried,i just think it matches her more.
6. Enemy battle units are so strong late in game but ally units even after buffing up with support,are still weak.Without support from members the best is georg 11 att 8 def if i remember,and thats only a bit stronger than a regular highland unit.I can destroy all enemy units in most battles,but this just don't make sense.
7. Why was han cunningham left at the capital and not put to use at frontline when the capital was safe.One of the stronger highland general.
8. Why the hell would King Agares keep jillia when jillia is daughter of one of the rapists who violated his wife and why didn't luca hate jillia?
9. Gantetsu should be much stronger.
10. What's the thing about theresa? She seemed like a weak mayor.No foresight to see the problems with rations when she took in muse soldiers and no aftersight to solve the problem except surrendering.yet the people love her.
TeridKane

Re: Things about suikoden 2

Post by TeridKane »

Numbers 1, 8 and 10 are answered in the first Suikogaiden game. The rest are just gameplay choices.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Agares' personality is that he's a soft man who doesn't like violence. He was very eager to stop the fighting between Highland and the State when it came to Han and Genkaku's duel (as Viktor explains in the flashback sequence) and don't forget that Agares ran for his life while his wife and son were abducted in the first place. He didn't stand up for his family and try to protect them, he ran back to his palace and got the guards to go rescue them, and by that time the damage had been done. Agares did nothing to prevent his wife's violation, and so he probably didn't feel he had the right to have Sara's pregnancy terminated, and it was probably Sara's wish that he love Jillia as his own child so that something good came from such a horrible incident.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Physical attackers are very good in boss battles, especially in the fights where there's only one tartget.
Luca just couldn't bring himself to hate Jillia since she ressembles their mother too much and Luca loves his mommy dearly(the bandit's gene was recessive LOL)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I do agree that Neclord's last battle was disappointing, though. In S1 he was a tough motherfucker even when we had the Star dragon sword. Then when we fight him in Tinto, he's been restricted by Kahn's spell and is up against not only the star dragon sword, but another powerful vampire as well, so he pretty much gets his ass kicked. They should have made it so that he summons a couple of monsters to aid him in battle or something.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:I do agree that Neclord's last battle was disappointing, though. In S1 he was a tough motherfucker even when we had the Star dragon sword. Then when we fight him in Tinto, he's been restricted by Kahn's spell and is up against not only the star dragon sword, but another powerful vampire as well, so he pretty much gets his ass kicked. They should have made it so that he summons a couple of monsters to aid him in battle or something.

Why people keep saying that Neclord is so tough in S1? For me he was very easy...just equip a Flowing Rune found in Cave of the Past to Cleo,and voila! :wink:

Btw,if you consider Genshu weak,then what about Vincent who is one of the last recruits too? At least in S2 he is playable...in S1 he was totally useless,and he was again one of the latest recruits. Add the fact,that you had to climb to the top of Moravia castle once again just to get someone who doesn't fight,and he carries only 5 men in war battles...pah,at least he could have more troops. :x
Poet

Post by Poet »

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:I do agree that Neclord's last battle was disappointing, though. In S1 he was a tough motherfucker even when we had the Star dragon sword. Then when we fight him in Tinto, he's been restricted by Kahn's spell and is up against not only the star dragon sword, but another powerful vampire as well, so he pretty much gets his ass kicked. They should have made it so that he summons a couple of monsters to aid him in battle or something.

Why people keep saying that Neclord is so tough in S1? For me he was very easy...just equip a Flowing Rune found in Cave of the Past to Cleo,and voila! :wink:

Btw,if you consider Genshu weak,then what about Vincent who is one of the last recruits too? At least in S2 he is playable...in S1 he was totally useless,and he was again one of the latest recruits. Add the fact,that you had to climb to the top of Moravia castle once again just to get someone who doesn't fight,and he carries only 5 men in war battles...pah,at least he could have more troops. :x
I didn't mention vincent because he simply has no worth lol.Genshu looks like some master swordsman so i had a higher expectation of him.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Actually i always had the impression too, that the last recruits are always the best warriors/mages in the game,but unfortunately that's not true. Especially in S4,where the last set of recruits after liberating Obel,are just mediocre fighters or gamblers and support characters.