The Impossible Challenge

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Omnigamer

Re: The Impossible Challenge

Post by Omnigamer »

Pyriel wrote:Well, he says he's done speedruns before, but I think he's talking about a colloquial sort of thing, and you're talking about actual competitive attempts.

I know it's all subjective, but keeping to a bunch of fiddly, arbitrary rules when you have as much time as you care to spend seems simpler and less frustrating than a competitive speed run, where the game has to be played from start to finish in one sitting, and setting a world record or personal best is down to planning your route meticulously and following it without error. I doubt Suikoden II gets this fiddly but on some shorter games, world record speed runs come down to shaving frames versus your competition, and even people who are good and well-practiced at it can only get it perfect about 5% of the time if they're lucky.
It doesn't necessarily have to follow something like the single segment side of things, but there are still plenty of open questions about the game and potential routes. Going at things from a segmented perspective would also be great to see; the point is that there are mysteries and challenges not yet overcome for the game. True Ending speedruns have also only had limited investigation so far. Coming up with the best solutions to questions of speed will undoubtedly take someone a lot longer than it took to plan and execute this "impossible" challenge, and IMO is a much more rewarding endeavor. My point is, even if sporefrog has no interest in completing full runs of any given category, he can still challenge himself by looking into ways to optimize portions of the game.
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Clearly there are bunch potential improvements for Clive's perfect run and RTA speedrun. I just can't decide which good time I even can play to even test my ideas with many games out there..
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

@sporefrog
There is someone impersonating you on FF XII board on gamefaqs
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

gildedtalon wrote:@sporefrog
There is someone impersonating you on FF XII board on gamefaqs
do you mean the NLBLLG Topic?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

So that's you after all? Do you also do challenges on FF X?
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

FF XII,not FF X.
why not?its a cool game :wink:
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I know, I'm asking if you also do challenges on FF X
I don't like FF XII
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

no,not at the moment.
I did a FF X "no sphere grid" challenge many years ago.this was the only FF X challenge,I tried.

too bad,you dont like FF XII...awesome game and very difficult if you play it with the NLBLLG rule.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

FF XII is hard enough and totally bore me out, no way Am I gonna try those challenges on FF XII