The Impossible Challenge

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
sporefrog

The Impossible Challenge

Post by sporefrog »

welcome to the final version of my insane challenge.I renamed it "the impossible challenge" because of its extreme difficulty.

RULES:

-minimum stars run
finish the game with the lowest possible amount of stars alive(31 recruits)

-max war battle deaths
you can and have to kill 4 recruits in this challenge,Tuta,Lo Wen,Gijimu and Koyu

-hero level 2 run
finish the game with a level 2 Riou(hero)

-Jowy/Nanami/McDohl solo
no character may level up in the entire challenge exept Jowy,Nanami and McDohl.
you may never have other characters in your party unless they are forced.

-low level game
finish the game with the lowest possible level for each Star of Destiny.exept Nanami,every other Star stays at minimum/Initial/default level.Jowy and McDohl are non-stars

-no status stones
you may never use any stat stones in the entire challenge.if you find one,sell it or store it

-no kindness rune glitch
you may never use a negative kindness factor(glitch)

-no bribing
you may never use the bribe-command in the entire challenge.run away,kill the monster or die

-no cheating devices
you may never use any cheating devices like action replay,gamebuster or anything like that

OPTIONAL RULES and EXEPTIONS:

you may use and level up Bolgan,Rina,Eilie and Kahn,until they leave your party.when they rejoin later,you may never use them again.

you may use the bribe-command ONLY,when you have to pick up McDohl in Gregminster with a level 2 Riou solo.its extremely difficult to reach McDohl with Riou alone(I used over 10 jizos for this and countless restarts),so its understandable,if you dont want to do this.

if you dont want to wait over 100 hours ingame-time for a good legal kindness rune power up,you may use the stat stone trick(stones of power ONLY) for the Han duel.DONT use this trick earlier in the game and if you use it,Rious power may never become greater than 301(the max legal value in this challenge).
I could defeat Han with 275 power(my ingame-time was around 101 hours).can you beat him with less power?

you can do a lot of things after the beast rune.you can still recruit characters,you can do the dragon egg quest with Humphrey/Futch and fight Harpy,you can hunt for items with the hunter rune or simply fool around with the game,because this challenge is official over and cleared after the Final Boss(beast rune).

CHALLENGE-VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEJRUC4E8PU
Last edited by Celes on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited all capitalized subject
sporefrog

Re: The Impossible Challenge

Post by sporefrog »

hi again,

well,whats up?has anyone tried my challenge? 8)
Last edited by sporefrog on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Nope...but there is a big mistake here. McDohl is OPTIONAL,and according to your rules,he is considered forbidden :)
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Sasarai10 wrote:Nope...but there is a big mistake here. McDohl is OPTIONAL,and according to your rules,he is considered forbidden :)
nice try,but no,because he is NOT a star of destiny so he doesnt show up on Lucs stone tablet,and after Nanamis "death",he is the only character left to finish the game and still follow all rules :P :!:
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Hi again guys,

I uploaded the only Video I still have from this challenge a while ago on YouTube.

Bone Dragon Nanami solo "autobattle":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfGScmuAWSg
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sporefrog wrote:Hi again guys,

I uploaded the only Video I still have from this challenge a while ago on YouTube.

Bone Dragon Nanami solo "autobattle":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfGScmuAWSg

:lol: you made the dragon look as weak as a furball
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Impossible doesn't mean very difficult, very difficult is winning the Nobel Prize, impossible is eating the sun.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

@Sasarai10
thanks and yes,the Dragon doesn´t look so good in this fight :lol:

I dont think,I can push the difficulty in Suikoden 2 any higher,so I am pretty much done with this game.
I still dont know,what happens,if I try to recruit Mazus with a level 2 Riou because he carries a (scripted and unremovable) Blue Gate rune and this rune-slot should be closed at level 7...but I dont care anymore :D
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

sporefrog wrote:I dont think,I can push the difficulty in Suikoden 2 any higher,so I am pretty much done with this game.
Sure you can, start trying to speedrun the game.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

T
sporefrog wrote:@Sasarai10
thanks and yes,the Dragon doesn´t look so good in this fight :lol:

I dont think,I can push the difficulty in Suikoden 2 any higher,so I am pretty much done with this game.
I still dont know,what happens,if I try to recruit Mazus with a level 2 Riou because he carries a (scripted and unremovable) Blue Gate rune and this rune-slot should be closed at level 7...but I dont care anymore :D

Ok here you go....use ONLY Tuta (the worst character imo) as an active member in your party once he becomes available. You can use whatever attack you want....do you accept th challenge? :P
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Omnigamer wrote: Sure you can, start trying to speedrun the game.
I am sorry but...LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sasarai10 wrote:
Ok here you go....use ONLY Tuta (the worst character imo) as an active member in your party once he becomes available. You can use whatever attack you want....do you accept th challenge? :P
well,sounds interesting,but like I wrote already,I am done with this game.I have it in my collection since it was released and after 100% perfect runs,speedruns,low level runs,no magic runs,solo runs,countless(!) casual playthroughs and of course after the successful completion of the "impossible challenge",I prefer to play other games now.Suikoden 2 is still my favorite RPG of all time,but enough is enough 8)
but what about you? :wink:
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

I'm not sure I understand where the comedy comes in from my suggestion. Are you saying that the speedruns are simple?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Well, he says he's done speedruns before, but I think he's talking about a colloquial sort of thing, and you're talking about actual competitive attempts.

I know it's all subjective, but keeping to a bunch of fiddly, arbitrary rules when you have as much time as you care to spend seems simpler and less frustrating than a competitive speed run, where the game has to be played from start to finish in one sitting, and setting a world record or personal best is down to planning your route meticulously and following it without error. I doubt Suikoden II gets this fiddly but on some shorter games, world record speed runs come down to shaving frames versus your competition, and even people who are good and well-practiced at it can only get it perfect about 5% of the time if they're lucky.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sporefrog wrote:

well,sounds interesting,but like I wrote already,I am done with this game.I have it in my collection since it was released and after 100% perfect runs,speedruns,low level runs,no magic runs,solo runs,countless(!) casual playthroughs and of course after the successful completion of the "impossible challenge",I prefer to play other games now.Suikoden 2 is still my favorite RPG of all time,but enough is enough 8)
but what about you? :wink:

I play S2 since 2004 but i've done many breaks within this time frame and some of them might last over a year. Now i'm on the break phase.

I've talked to every individual during different story-arcs collected all the items,armors,antiques...except the recipes,and done every investigation with Richmond both info about each character and whereabouts of the characters who haven't been recruited yet.

Well on my next playthrough i'll go for recipes and convert all recipes into food. there are 240 different foods in total,along with the spices.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Wanna try a real impossible challenge?

Finish Suikoden 2 with Graham Cray and Lucretia Merces in your party.

Bet you can't do it.