1st major battle; bug fix?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
ericm

1st major battle; bug fix?

Post by ericm »

Is the first major battle (defend the fort) supposed to have music? I am playing a patched version of the NTSC game; so please dont tell me the patch didnt work??
gildedtalon

Re: 1st major battle; bug fix?

Post by gildedtalon »

major battles never have music
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

^The patched versions should have music in every major battle, whereas the original game only had music where the 2nd theme was used. The first and third weren't correctly pointed to.

I haven't messed with the patches myself, but from what I've read the battle themes should be fixed. My guess is that the patch wasn't applied correctly.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Omnigamer wrote:the original game only had music where the 2nd theme was used. The first and third weren't correctly pointed to.
What second theme?

Hey, can you tell me why you use Viki for your speedrun? She has a really high chance of backfiring with her spells :?: :?: :?: :?:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I had the NTSC version in the past,and i remember it had no music at most battles,except the theme that played at some battles,like the one at L'Renouille.

But,hey it's nice with no music i guess,and only the sound effects!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

DId you use Pyriel's patch?
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12441

IF yes, post this porblem in his thread, he can help you best.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

gildedtalon wrote:
Omnigamer wrote:the original game only had music where the 2nd theme was used. The first and third weren't correctly pointed to.
What second theme?

Hey, can you tell me why you use Viki for your speedrun? She has a really high chance of backfiring with her spells :?: :?: :?: :?:
There are three total music tracks that are supposed to play during various War scenarios, but they screwed up some of the audio pointers and thus the 1st and 3rd themes never play on the NTSC version. I believe this was corrected on PAL versions, but I can't remember for sure.

I use Viki as a catalyst for the Rune Unite glitch. Her slow SPD and high MAG make her the perfect starter for the Rune Unite glitch, which is detailed in suikodenbugfixes. Basically it lets me cast several consecutive Rune Unite spells each using Viki as the dormant partner.