suikoden 2 insane challenge

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
gildedtalon

Re: suikoden 2 insane challenge

Post by gildedtalon »

It can be figured out easily by looking at the lifebar, show us the image of you dealing damage to Han.

480.39 so let's round it to 480 HP

Based on this video haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLS-NgNQ3QE

It's very simple math

Even if I'm wrong, I think it's around the range of 480-500 HP, you can see it clearly in the video, Han's HP drops to half after the second hit

Compare the lost HP to the max HP

So the formula is

x is the value of Han's max HP
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

this is interesting...in your video,Riou hits first,but in my challenge,its Han who attacks first everytime.this may sound pointless,but my level 2 Riou may never get hit,and if Han decides to do a normal attack just before he dies,I could still win this battle with a first strike.

I can now do around 100 damage to Han with a wilde attack.I could already seriously try the duel,but I still have some power left before reaching the max value of 301.I am now at 273 power...

EDIT:
I almost had it!!!!
he was already at minimum health,but then he did a normal attack and I lost,because he attacks first and kills me before I can hit.
but he will go down sooner or later,NOW I am sure,I will beat this impossible challenge.

lvl 2 base stat------>17 power
master garb-------->15 power
power ring---------->20 power
fire emblem-------->15 power
fire emblem-------->15 power
lvl 13 weapon------>92 power
kindness rune------>101 power
ingame-timer is around 101 hours,thats why the kindness rune gives +101 power.

total power for Han:275...thats enough for me 8)

after Han,only Seed/Culgan and the Beast Rune remain,and then,this crazy challenge is over.

if Futch and Humphrey are still at Mt.Rakutei and I can add them to my party(AND remove them in the castle afterwards),I will see,if I can challenge Harpy after the beast rune.this would be unique too,like this entire challenge :lol: :lol: :lol:
imagine,you just killed the final boss in the game,and there is still another boss to go(Harpy).weird weird weird... :lol:
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

REST IN PEACE Han...

Image Image Image Image Image

:lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

sporefrog wrote:if Futch and Humphrey are still at Mt.Rakutei and I can add them to my party(AND remove them in the castle afterwards),I will see,if I can challenge Harpy after the beast rune.this would be unique too,like this entire challenge :lol: :lol: :lol:
imagine,you just killed the final boss in the game,and there is still another boss to go(Harpy).weird weird weird... :lol:
The Harpy won't be there coz you can't even recruit Humphrey and Futch anymore
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

I DID IT!!!!

beast rune is dead and the challenge is official finished,without any stat stones and without any cheating devices :lol:

the final battle was HELL!!!!!!!
it took almost an hour,the left leg gave me almost every bad status in the game(forget the earth armor...),EXEPT silence.I could even survive the "panic" status,because McDohl healed it himself with a healing wind cast from the cyclone rune(I KNEW,it was a good idea,to take the cyclone rune with me instead the mother earth rune!!!!).
meanwhile,the right leg revived the rune,and I had to kill the rune(again) with my last "black shadow" spell,because I had the "rust " status too and no time to heal it with shining wind.2 shining wind spells and no items remained at the end...
this was the ultimate beast rune fight!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

will check a few things,like the Rakutei mistery or Jude(I obtained the clay earlier and wanna see,what happens,if I talk to Jude now) and I must recruit McDohl again,because a Level 2 Riou with 33 max hp cannot survive anything...

I will open a new topic soon with all rules,opitonal rules and exeptions and of course with the challenge video 8)

WHAT AN AWSEOME GAME :!: :!: :!: :mrgreen:

Image Image Image

EDIT:

even after the beast rune,Futch and Humphrey are still at the bottom of Mt. Rakutei and you CAN recruit them(they are both at level 51 but you can never remove them again from your party because Leona is no longer there).on my way there,I recruited Jeane,Emilia,Jude and Viki too,lol).just make sure,you dont save...

btw,Harpy is there too:

Last edited by sporefrog on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Please propose a challenge that is actually doable without cheating like this, it's embarassing
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

gildedtalon wrote:Please propose a challenge that is actually doable without cheating like this, it's embarassing
what are you talking about?
instead of beeing happy about the end of this ultimate suikoden 2 challenge,you are complaining again and extreme difficulty means cheating for you.
oh gildedtalon...I thought,you were a hardcore-gamer like me...
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I Am a hardcore gamer, my most recent achievement is getting all the achievements on Star Ocean 4. So insane, boredom takes another level like 100x(times) the usual boredom we get from farming the rare drops in Suikoden games
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

Now that you have this out of the way, you will take on the challenge of speedrunning the game, right? :)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Can we even finish the game faster than you, Omnigamer?
We obviously need your hidden tips :mrgreen: Your videos tell me s2 mechanics I never knew :shock:
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Just wondering.... Can you still actually get PSX games in Indonesia? It's completely extinct in Malaysia.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

you mean PS1 games? They still sell them here

In fact, I can hardly find any shop that sells PS3 or xbox 360 games here. I bought my 360 in Singapore and bought the games there

Most shops still sell PS2 games :lol:
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Omnigamer wrote:Now that you have this out of the way, you will take on the challenge of speedrunning the game, right? :)
nope,I am pretty much done with this game now.I still have other challenges left in my mind like a no weapon sharpening/no magic challenge or a "squirrel only" challenge and other crazy things,but honestly,after this insane challenge,I need a break :lol:

I am not big fan of single segment speedruns in rpgs.this is pointless in resident evil games because they are entirely skill based and not luck based,but in rpgs,where a lot of things depend on rng(like the double beat rune,Luca,war battles,...),its almost impossible to do a good speedrun without saving,so I will skip a "no save speedrun".but I hope,you will reach your own goal,a time under 6.40.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

gildedtalon wrote:Can we even finish the game faster than you, Omnigamer?
We obviously need your hidden tips :mrgreen: Your videos tell me s2 mechanics I never knew :shock:
My notes are freely available in the Suikoden II thread on SDA. It details my entire route through the game and some backup strategies.

@sporefrog, understandable, but segmented speedruns are interesting as well. I've toyed with routing out 108 Stars + Best Ending S2 segmented run, but haven't gotten around to it quite yet. I would be really interested to see it happen though :) I think a segmented Best Ending run can be done in under 8 hours total, but there's a lot that hasn't been explored for it yet.
Last edited by Omnigamer on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Himmelszahn-Stange
SeeleFresser
Rechtskopf

Oh my. This is nearly as bad as the german translation of "Breath of Fire III" :)