suikoden 2 insane challenge

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Celes
Global Admin

Re: suikoden 2 insane challenge

Post by Celes »

sporefrog wrote:WAR BATTLES
you can kill Seed AND Han during the last war battle,but its extremly difficult.
Yuber is even more diffucult, but still possible.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Celes wrote: Yuber is even more diffucult, but still possible.

Do you mean in the last battle? How is this possible? Do you have any video of it? Yuber will retreat in the 3rd turn,and at this point you can execute only one Bombard Ability,if Teresa has Chaco and someone else with Cavalry,if i remember corectly. I guess you can only damage him once.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I think Mazus with Pesmerga can make it there in time to blast away with Fire as well, but I'm not positive.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

It is quite a few years, but I believe I used cavalary + lightning rune + crit.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

@celes

cool.
but I play a minimum recruitment run this time.you cannot reach him with fire spears,and without Mazus(fire) or Jeane(lighting),only Luc would remain for this mission,and he definitely cannot kill Yuber in one hit.

have you ever "killed" Luca while trying to rescue Ridley during the Radat battle against Sasarai and Jowy?
THIS is hell!!! :lol:

EDIT:
I tried it now,and its impossible.the only unit,who can come close to Yuber in a minimum recruitment run is Flik,but he cannot get close enough to allow an attack before Yuber teleports away.
but I will try this in my next challenge(no weapon sharpening/no magic scrolls run).
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

It is possible to attack Yuber with Pesmerga in that battle. I tried that in hope for an extra dialouge but nothing happens, though. Come to think of it, this is the only possible encounter between Yuber and Pesmerga in the entire series!

You can inflict only 1 damage to Luca. After that, everything will miss. I managed to kill everyone except Luca in that battle.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Celes wrote:It is possible to attack Yuber with Pesmerga in that battle. I tried that in hope for an extra dialouge but nothing happens, though. Come to think of it, this is the only possible encounter between Yuber and Pesmerga in the entire series!

You can inflict only 1 damage to Luca. After that, everything will miss. I managed to kill everyone except Luca in that battle.
no special dialouge???thats pretty lame from konami...
but what about the final war battle in suikoden 1?at least,they should "see" each other there :lol:

ok,that could be the reason,why I couldnt beat Luca there(like the final battle against Kiba,who was "immortal" too after 2 hits).after a few tries,I gave up and just wanted to save Ridley because doing this with the minimum amount of stars is not funny :(
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

sporefrog wrote: no special dialouge???thats pretty lame from konami...
but what about the final war battle in suikoden 1?at least,they should "see" each other there :lol:
Isn't Yuber warping out before the battle? And Pesmerga seems to be too dull ti confront him then.

I mean, really, Pesmerga is running around the world in search of Yuber, then he is there, literally only some hundred metres away, and he doesn't confront him.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Antimatzist wrote:
sporefrog wrote: no special dialouge???thats pretty lame from konami...
Isn't Yuber warping out before the battle? And Pesmerga seems to be too dull ti confront him then.

I mean, really, Pesmerga is running around the world in search of Yuber, then he is there, literally only some hundred metres away, and he doesn't confront him.
haha,lets say it in german:Pesmerga ist einfach nur eine Hanswurst :lol:

while playing suikoden 3 for the first time,I allways waited for Pesmerga to show up,because this game would be the perfect title for the ultimate Yuber-Pesmerga duel,but konami failed again,and no black knight...

I allways ignored Pesmerga.in suikoden 1,he is too slow and his hit accuracy is just ridiculous,and I hate the fact,that you cannot change his equipment in suikoden 2.
no,this is not one of my favorite stars...
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Humphrey and Pesmerga are so identical, both only appear in S1 and 2, wear heavy armor, always act last, tank so much damage, almost never die, clueless

I forgot whether Humphrey also has high MDF like Pesmerga. Anyone remembers? Pesmerga is somehow connected to Neclord as well like Yuber?

If only Georg has two rune slots, I will never bring Hai Yo haha :mrgreen: Sometimes, I chose to bring Georg instead of Hai Yo, coz this Georg is without a doubt the toughest warrior and swordsman in the suikoden world. If only we have Georg before the fight against Luca Blight :lol:
I'd be so happy
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Georg is a little overrated isn't he? Though he is the best Unit leader...he is not, THAT good, in regular battles...he is just like Viktor.

And Pesmerga doesn't appear in S3,simply because Neclord doesn't appear in the game. Pesmerga thinks that if he encounters Neclord he'll find Yuber too. I guess if he appeared he'll wear the same clothes with Yuber,but his hair would be black.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

He is that good, critical, avoiding and countering every single Highlander that tries to hit him. He takes no damage in the end, the perfect fighter because of his high speed as well except for that horribly low MDF

Georg will always be the best for people who don't know yet the super power of 3 rune-slotters setup for physical damage

For most of the game, my main damage dealers are Shiro, Nanami, and Luc. They are really good in my opinion :mrgreen:
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

sporefrog wrote:but what about the final war battle in suikoden 1?at least,they should "see" each other there :lol:
Anyone tried "Pesmerga's Unit" (don't recruit Clive or let him die) against "Yuber's Charge"? I highly doubt it, but never tried. Either way, this would be a cool scene, bringing up those two in the same turn :)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Bringing up those two? So Pesmerga gets to lead the bow unit if we don't recruit Clive? I'm going to try this from a new game haha
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Does anyone know Han´s max HP during the final duel in the game?