suikoden 2 insane challenge

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
ninjaluc79

Re: suikoden 2 insane challenge

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Eh? No-magic challenge is boring, and physical attacks always trump magic in Suikoden anyway.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

LOL, wouldn't no magic challenge gonna be far harder than only magic challenge? Especially before you get your HQ

NO MATILDA GLITCH ALLOWED, it absolutely must no be used or the challenge will turn into a joke :evil:

No Double-beat, Fury, Double-strike allowed either unless it is equipped on your SODs, only then you are allowed to use it :mrgreen:

What about only use runes equipped on your SODs? So you are not allowed to buy any runes, you can however remove their runes and equip the runes on people you want to use
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Ah, a no-magic, no-DB/DS/Fury playthrough, I see.

Hmm, interesting.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Well, can use Double-beat once we get Gijimu haha
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

my new insane challenge is going well.

Tuta is already perma-dead,Ridley was saved again during the Radat war battle and Luca is finished too(on the 3th attempt...in my last challenge,I had to try it over 4 hours).I am heading to Tinto now.
I don´t know,if I can beat the Bone Dragon with Nanami solo again later in the game(this is by far the hardest Boss in this challenge) and I will need luck against the Poison Moth but if I can do it,I should reach Gorudo with my level 2 Riou soon.I really hope,Jowy will rejoin at Level 63,otherwise I will throw this game including my playstation out of the window!!!!! :evil: :lol:
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

sporefrog wrote:I don´t know,if I can beat the Bone Dragon with Nanami solo again later in the game(this is by far the hardest Boss in this challenge)
HAHA, add the fact that my emulator often crashes at the dialogues after defeating the Bone Dragon :)
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

sporefrog wrote:my new insane challenge is going well.

Tuta is already perma-dead,Ridley was saved again during the Radat war battle and Luca is finished too(on the 3th attempt...in my last challenge,I had to try it over 4 hours).I am heading to Tinto now.
I don´t know,if I can beat the Bone Dragon with Nanami solo again later in the game(this is by far the hardest Boss in this challenge) and I will need luck against the Poison Moth but if I can do it,I should reach Gorudo with my level 2 Riou soon.I really hope,Jowy will rejoin at Level 63,otherwise I will throw this game including my playstation out of the window!!!!! :evil: :lol:
Did you over-level Jowy before he left the party? AFAIK there are actually two Jowy's in this game. Here's to hoping Jowy rejoins at a high enough level to be able to solo Gorudo.

Good luck.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yeah, Jowy&Nanami that rejoin with Gameshark, my brother told me that 13 years ago :lol:
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

checklist:

Neclord finished,but I forgot,he can use an instant death move.not good for a Nanami solo fight without Jizos... :evil:

Lo Wen perma-dead.

Poison Moth is dead too,but it was a pain.you MUST kill it within 3 rounds,otherwise the challenge is over.after the 3th round,you can die or still kill it but the battle will interrupt no matter what you do,and Riou will level up.its very difficult with Nanami solo,but eventually,it worked :lol:

Bone Dragon is still standing.my previous strategy doens´t work anymore,so I am trying different tactics at the moment.I really hate this boss :!:
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Jowy rejoined with level 63(you can see his level and stats one time only during the battle result screen)...byebye Gorudo!!!

I am now trying to kill my last forced recruit Koyu during the last war battle.

I still dont know,what I should do with McDohl.I could powerlevel him with a solo fight against 6 Iron Moons,but I would prefer to try the final Lucia battle with a level 38 McDohl solo(his Minimum level).this would make the challenge(and the following video)a bit cooler 8)

what do you think?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

You can try soloing L'Renouille with McDohl. That would make him more awesome.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

If McDohl is level 38 only,then Lucia will kill him for sure with only 2 spells. :lol:

Unless she'll use,only her attack with the whip,and McDohl manage to dodge it every time. :|
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

@ninjaluc

this is a Jowy/Nanami/McDohl solo challenge,and Nanami/Jowy is no longer available so I MUST solo entire Renouille with McDohl...

@sasarai

I still have the fire sealing rune in my storage.I dont used it for Luca,but thanks god I collected it so I can use it for Lucia if there is no other way to beat her with a level 38 McDohl.

EDIT:
could anyone check,if "silent lake" works against the beast rune?I dont have any savefile before the final Boss.
Koyu is dead and the Minimum recruitment and Maximum war battle deaths rules are both(finally) cleared :D
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

@sporefrog

Normal attacks aren't a problem if you cast Vengeful Earth on Tir first. The problem would be Lucia's fire spells, which still hurt hard even if you have a Fire Emblem equipped. I really don't recommend Canopy Defense for your playthrough because you would just waste your turn trying to block Lucia's spells. Maybe you should try Protection Mist instead? It's not 100%, but it can help.

@Sasarai

From my experience, I cannot guarantee that Silent Lake works on the Final Boss. What I can assure you is that you will still have to deal with Beast Rune's sword attack, as it is the only attack considered as a normal attack.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Silent Lake doesn't work on Beast Rune, tested it last year

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: NOTE: This is important, try not to kill the other leg, only kill the leg that can revive other parts.
WHY? Once you kill the rune, the Beast Rune will only use this sword attack, having that leg which can only give status effects increase your survivability greatly coz the leg is guaranteed to get an attack every turn effectively reducing the Beast Rune's attacks to 2 instead of 3. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

So that you only take 2/3(two-third, not two or three) of the damage that you are supposed to receive if you kill all the legs :)

So yeah, thank God, the status effects from the leg don't deal any damage to us haha