perfect game question

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Piisuke

Re: perfect game question

Post by Piisuke »

Examining every single item? What's the point? Like omnigamer said - it's untrackable and unverifiable.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Piisuke wrote:Examining every single item? What's the point? Like omnigamer said - it's untrackable and unverifiable.

As you know you can find some hidden items or potch within. Like the Violence Rune in Matilda :wink:

And btw,you can view comments for each item (large vase you use to hide in,your bed...familar smell,etc ;))
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, but what's the point? Ok, finding every item, even if it's a missable Medicinex2, ok, I get that. But why would you investigate everything and talk to everyone multiple times? That's just too tedious and doesn't show mastery of the game, but only that you can get through dialogues really fast.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Yeah, but what's the point? Ok, finding every item, even if it's a missable Medicinex2, ok, I get that. But why would you investigate everything and talk to everyone multiple times? That's just too tedious and doesn't show mastery of the game, but only that you can get through dialogues really fast.

How about learning more about Suikoden World? Back in 1999 or so,when S2 released,there was a serious lack of info around the internet about Suikoden history...at least back then,it should make some sense talking to everyone i guess. 8)
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, but not in a perfect game file? You can't read it all anyway. Or are you trying to not skip any dialogue?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Yeah, but not in a perfect game file? You can't read it all anyway. Or are you trying to not skip any dialogue?

I'm just aiming for a perfect game,without Clive's quest completed ;)
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Everything which is trackable can be done. I did a perfect game without the use of any cheats or tricks whatsoever. Before finishing the Clive Quests I grabbed all missable items, 108 stars and even boosted Nanami up to lv 99 (because you can verify her level on the stone tablet). You still need luck not burning too much time for rare items like the Black Urn. Just reset if you didn't get it within a few minutes.

Remember that many things can be done after the Clive Quest: cooking; Richmonds secrets; most items, character building and mini games.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Celes wrote:Everything which is trackable can be done. I did a perfect game without the use of any cheats or tricks whatsoever. Before finishing the Clive Quests I grabbed all missable items, 108 stars and even boosted Nanami up to lv 99 (because you can verify her level on the stone tablet). You still need luck not burning too much time for rare items like the Black Urn. Just reset if you didn't get it within a few minutes.

Remember that many things can be done after the Clive Quest: cooking; Richmonds secrets; most items, character building and mini games.

Did you talk to every single individual? Because they might change their dialogues after each arc. :wink:

Your characters in the castle will change their dialogues and their locations too,btw. :)
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Celes was speaking about trackable things. Talking to NPCs won't change the game even a tiny bit, so I guess most of us don't see the point. If you think this belongs to your perfect file, then that's alright, I think it's a waste of time.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Celes was speaking about trackable things. Talking to NPCs won't change the game even a tiny bit, so I guess most of us don't see the point. If you think this belongs to your perfect file, then that's alright, I think it's a waste of time.

You can view some hidden scenes when you talk to some NPCs,you know,like this one in the beggining with those 2 Unicorn Brigadge boys,fighting in their tent. :)
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Has anybody tried to get every character's statue on the top floor? Does non-stars like squirels or the 2 non-star octopi count too?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Who gets the Statue in II, the one with the most kills?

And it appears that everyone can get a statue, but all squirrels look the same, as well as Rulodia and Abizboah. But there's a statue for Chuchura. http://www.spriters-resource.com/playst ... eet/20341/
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Yes but only with physical attacks. Unite or Magic attacks won't count. :wink:

I'm not sure if it can change during the game,or once one character's statue apppear will remain the same,but i guess that it can change since it will appear once you'll go up to castle level 4,and some characters can only be recruited with your castle being at that level
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'm pretty sure it changes.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

It changes, took me a long time to remove Nanami's statue, she's a killer if you use the Matilda Glitch and equip her with Double Beat and Fury
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account