perfect game question

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
gildedtalon

Re: perfect game question

Post by gildedtalon »

oi sporefrog, I'm stuck against Flik, now what? Even when I defend his wild attack, it doesn't do any damage :cry:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

Some caveats for your goal sporefrog:

-You'll need a way to knock out Riou in the soldier fight at the Highland camp. He has 100% dodge in that fight. I typically take care of this by using Fire Lizard, but you won't have an extra rune slot open at level 2. I don't know if it's possible to get a Blue Gate rune by that point in the game either.
-I don't see how you can expect to beat Han. You might be able to damage him with a lvl 16 weapon, but it will still be pretty low and he will inevitably use an Attack at some point which will one-shot you. There's only so long you can hope for good patterns before it becomes futile. Under your conditions I think you can only get up to level 13 weapon (Tinto shop) which is likely less than Han's defense. Even with consistent counters, you might only do ~10 damage. I'm pretty sure your regular attack will do 0 damage.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Han is easy, you can buff Riou's stats using stones at that point

I can't even get past Flik

Okay I'm really fed up with this, I'm gonna take that stone of power on Rakutei :twisted:
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

@omnigamer

fire lizard doens´t require a rune slot,it will be attached to rious weapon.and his weapon slot is open,no matter which level.
yes,weapon level 13 is the best I can get,this run will be a minimum recruitment run,so no tessai.but I can still use the stat stone trick and use stones of power to push rious power up.this will be my plan to beat han...in theory.

@gilded

well,thats bad news.I am still at the beginning of the game(I play my perfect game file simultaneously),and I dont even have a double beat rune.so it will take a while until I reach flik.
do you have 2 winged boots for extra defense?
zero damage even with a deperate attack?thats not good.if there is no other way to push rious power at this point in the game,I am afraid the challenge will be over before it even started...:-(

I will open a new topic for this with all rules,but I will wait until gilded can confirm the rakutei power stone strategy against flik.
on the other hand,in a minimum recruitment run,you are not allowed to recruit futch and humphrey,but if I remember right,you can add them to your party,get the power stone,leave rakutei,and if you change your party again at leona,futch and humphrey will leave the group(forever) without beeing recruited.this would be a nice trick,IF it works:-)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Nope, you seriously think I would have that much money when I reach Kyaro?

Winged Boots 10200 M F N 14 SPD +10 RTUD Shop: Kyaro (rare), Gregminster (rare)
Treasure: Greenhill Forest

But I also have to buy the equipment on Rockaxe so it's gonna take a while
Okay, I'm going now from Mercenary Fort :)

NO!!!!! I'm stuck, Jowy won't let me past the Toto bridge

@sporefrog
Keep this in mind, you can't get past the Toto bridge after returning with Tsai :cry:
Too bad we can't bribe Jowy, I'm sure he just needs some money :|
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

damn!!!!!!ok,so I will try it out myself.
for now,I must farm money from the bandits for 2 winged boots and hunt for a double beat rune.
will open a new Topic after fliks "death".if this trick with humphrey and futch doenst work,this challenge fails.but we will see soon:-)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

No need, just get past that Matilda gate and buy all you need from Highway and Rockaxe in my opinion
Also sharpen your weapons to lvl 5 in Coronet

In fact, I'm starting a new game again. Nothing can stop me unless the game stops working :lol:
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

its important to know,if flik and humphrey are recruited permanetly or not after you return from rakutei and change your party at leona.if yes,a minimum recruitment run with a Level 2 riou is impossible.otherwise,this(flik duel) should be the last(and only?) critical point in the game before the run can go online:-)

back to topic AGAIN :) :

the drop rate(ok,ok,the allmighty rng) is really crazy:
in less than an hour,I got natures beauty,lovers garden and a landscape painting.but I had to hunt over 7 hours(not real time,ingame time!!!)for a damn fine bone china... :evil:
3 more goddess statues to go :mrgreen:
Last edited by sporefrog on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

You can remove them, I used to do this matilda glitch a lot, just do it as soon as you can go to Muse

If you're wondering what I'm doing, I'm here at Matilda, already saved at the inn :mrgreen:
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

sporefrog wrote:@omnigamer

fire lizard doens´t require a rune slot,it will be attached to rious weapon.and his weapon slot is open,no matter which level.
yes,weapon level 13 is the best I can get,this run will be a minimum recruitment run,so no tessai.but I can still use the stat stone trick and use stones of power to push rious power up.this will be my plan to beat han...in theory.
On Fire Lizard: d'oh. Forgot it was a weapon rune.

On the other point, I guess that could work, but IMO it goes against the spirit of a low-level run. It might be the only way to complete the game, but it seems backwards to try to complete a run where the goal is to limit yourself as much as possible and yet you still max out your attack through a technicality.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

It can't be helped, we have to do it, sorry
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Guys,when 1st of October comes,i'm gonna play again S2,in order to achieve perfect status,just like S1,meaning getting every single item,and viewing every single hidden scene.

Btw,does it count to get every character's statue on the top floor (for beating most enemies with physical attacks) in order to have a perfect game? This sounds ultra-tough,especially with mages :?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Guys i'm afraid perfect game + completed Clive's quest cannot exist. Let's say that you are ultra fast,and you recruit everyone and complete Clive's quest within 11 hrs.

But yet,there are many things to do besides that:

-the color intro alone will take 1 and half hour for good.
- some items are only available before the end of clive's quest
- getting octopus urn will lead you into trouble,unless if you are lucky
- and most of all talking to each single individual will take many hours. plus that most of them will change their dialogues,during the game. for example most Kyaro's citizens will have different dialogues before and after your execution.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

First of all, IMHO trying to get any untrackable parts (talking to all NPCs) to make a "perfect game" is silly. You have nothing to show for your efforts and you also can't verify that you have in fact met that requirement.

Second, if you can't complete Clive's Quest (even with all pieces you are stating) then you need to re-route how you're doing things. Viewing all of Clive's quest and talking to every single NPC and getting all otherwise missable scenes/items can definitely be completed within the 18 hours allotted. Just don't worry about doing the stuff that is not time-dependent and you can fill in everything else that you missed after you view the last scene in L'Ren.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Don't forget examining every single item counts for me for a perfect game too. :)

The only thing that i don't count for a perfect game,is getting everyone up to level 99 and upgrade your weapons to the maximum. Actually upgrading your weapons has some meaning only in S4,because if you have noticed,weapons will change shape or color,along with their names :wink: