Clive Forest Village Bug?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Redstyxx

Clive Forest Village Bug?

Post by Redstyxx »

Err guys I need some help here :( I know this game is been ages since you played it, but I am currently playing this again I have some questions regarding Clive's side quest. I am currently at in front of Forest Village (World Map) its been said that you need to be in this area on or before 13:00:00 so I tried altering its time (Game Shark) but even though my time was already 12:58:00 Clive always saying that "Its been ages blah blah" and know I dont know what to do and I dont want to restart my game again :( could anyone help me regarding this

veeshadow

Re: Clive Forest Village Bug?

Post by veeshadow »

Are you sure you start all Clive's quest correctly? Miss the initial event on Muse and South Window you're screwed regardless your time... You must do this in order: Muse -> South Window (after getting Tai ho/Amada) -> Lake West -> Forest Village -> Rockaxe -> Radat -> Muse -> Sajah
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Redstyxx

Post by Redstyxx »

veeshadow wrote:Are you sure you start all Clive's quest correctly? Miss the initial event on Muse and South Window you're screwed regardless your time... You must do this in order: Muse -> South Window (after getting Tai ho/Amada) -> Lake West -> Forest Village -> Rockaxe -> Radat -> Muse -> Sajah
ya im pretty sure, even I alter the time Clive always saying that "It took so long to get here" on Forest Village :\
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

There was a really well detailed topic on Clive's Quest, but cannot find it... (there should be a guide on the homepage!)

Anyway, why did you change your time to 12:58 and not 11:00 or something? I don't really remember, but I think that the "Clive counter" (i.e. the time that you need to activate these scenes) doesn't start with the beginning of the game, but with a later scene, so 13 hours is more or less a loose guess than a fact (even though the gamefaqs faq about this says the Prima guide is saying 13 hours, I wouldn't believe any official Suikoden Guide in the world..).

I'm not entirely sure if I mix it up with a different scene, but just try and change your game counter again. I mean, you're cheating already, so why not cheat a bit more?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Set it back to 00:00:00. That's what I usually do.

What time did the game clock say before you set it back? If it had passed 13:00:00 it might have flagged the quest before you even got to the village. It depends on whether the game checks the time when you enter the village with Clive or if it just closes the quest when the clock strikes the right time no matter where you are.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I don't think it constantly checks. They'd have to put the script in the main executable, or in every area module to make that happen. I don't think there are any scripts in the main module, and the alternative would be pretty impractical. If I remember right, the scripts have the cut-off time hard-coded in them. If they'd had the last event save the cut-off time somewhere, I could see them having a short snippet in every module that compares the current clock to the last cut-off set. The guide here on the site also implies that you can just reset the clock to a few minutes before the cut-off, and proceed with the story. Personally, I usually just reset it to the third hour when it starts to get over about 5, so I can't swear that the guide has it right.
Redstyxx

Post by Redstyxx »

Antimatzist wrote:There was a really well detailed topic on Clive's Quest, but cannot find it... (there should be a guide on the homepage!)

Anyway, why did you change your time to 12:58 and not 11:00 or something? I don't really remember, but I think that the "Clive counter" (i.e. the time that you need to activate these scenes) doesn't start with the beginning of the game, but with a later scene, so 13 hours is more or less a loose guess than a fact (even though the gamefaqs faq about this says the Prima guide is saying 13 hours, I wouldn't believe any official Suikoden Guide in the world..).

I'm not entirely sure if I mix it up with a different scene, but just try and change your game counter again. I mean, you're cheating already, so why not cheat a bit more?
i've tried gazillion times :( I tried 11:00, 12:58 and even 00:00 and still not working :\
Redstyxx

Post by Redstyxx »

wataru14 wrote:Set it back to 00:00:00. That's what I usually do.

What time did the game clock say before you set it back? If it had passed 13:00:00 it might have flagged the quest before you even got to the village. It depends on whether the game checks the time when you enter the village with Clive or if it just closes the quest when the clock strikes the right time no matter where you are.
already tried that, i think its been 14:00:00-15:00:00 before I go in I tried at Forest Village I changed the time to 12:00:00
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Are you sure you didn't maybe miss the Lakewest event before that?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you entered the village after the cut-off time with or without Clive, his quest has failed.
i experienced this in his very last event once! thought i could run into Sajah and grab items then save and load up the game with a reset clock and return with Clive, but alas......