Secret Code?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
suiken

Secret Code?

Post by suiken »

I'm sure you guys know some NPC on Kukus and Forest Village giving you some kind of code.

It was like

"@^%^$@%^&(!(()$"

or something like that. Does anyone know what does that mean or it's purpose?
Antimatzist

Re: Secret Code?

Post by Antimatzist »

It's non-translated text.
suiken

Post by suiken »

Can you post it's translations?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It surely is something like "Did you know that Forest Village lies deep in a Forest?"

No, I can't, as I don't know the original text (and even then, I don't know Japanese).
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

This reminds me of the first time playing, As I walked behind the counter in Matilda armor shop, the keeper also said #%$#^$ that made me think he was cursing.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

http://www.herrvillain.com/codebreaker/ ... uwasa1.htm

This is only the first set. What the document shows is the Japanese text properly rendered. Well, it's my best guess at translating Suikoden 2's Japanese character set into Unicode, anyway. What you see on screen is Japanese text values displayed with a Latin (characters for English, German, Italian, etc.) font. In other words, what the game shows is gibberish to everybody, e.g., the Japanse text is 「コボルトつてやっは{eol}ピカピカしてるもんが、すきだねえ。」 and what you see is more like "{Skull}{Acorn}A%.:**". I don't know how much value such a "translation" will have for you, as relating it to what you see on the screen would require you to install a Latin-alphabet Suikoden 2 font to see all the characters properly on your PC, and I'd have to give you the unconverted Japanese text data from the file.

Konami caught the oversight after releasing in the US, so an official English translation can be found in the European region's English version. That would be the text in the PAL(E) column. The Machine Translation is just funny, and the Proposed Substitution column is useless. It's outdated work for a bug fix patch.
suiken

Post by suiken »

I see...

So it's a trade rumors... That makes it useless in US release since you can't understand some crap.