Weapon Lvl and Rune Glitch

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Pelfmiester

Weapon Lvl and Rune Glitch

Post by Pelfmiester »

I'm replaying the series currently and on my playthrough of the 2nd game I've run into bugs I've never seen before and can't find by Googling. First is when Kinnison joined me his wpn lvl said - on his stat screen and 0 when at a blacksmith and it's attack was lvl 16. It can be sharpened and start over but I decided to just leave it for now at least. Then I notice in battle and at rune shops it shows a fire rune on his head, but there's nothing there on the stat screen. So I figure sweet he's got a lvl 16 weapon and a rune where he's not supposed to ever have a rune.

Now the problem is a similar glitch happened when I got to Oulan. She too has the lvl 0 weapon, but her Angry Dragon Rune is gone from her left hand. On the stat screen it shows an empty rune space and at the rune shops it greys the free rune slot out out and of course there's nothing in battle. I've tried starting over and recuiting her again but it happens again.

Appearantly I'm going to have to start over to undo the glitch, but I have no idea what's causing it. I'd hate to start over and work my way back to Oulan for it to do it again because there's some kind of glitch with the S1 data or something or find out I didn't have to start over. The worst part about it is I have absolutely no idea what's causing it. Have you guys seen this glitch before?

P.S. I'm suddenly wishing I had a gameshark again for those rune alteration codes.
ninjaluc79

Re: Weapon Lvl and Rune Glitch

Post by ninjaluc79 »

An unchecked GameShark code or modified save may be the cause of the problem. I tried to modify saves before while testing TECH/SPD/LUCK contributions to evasion and counter attack rates. Those modified saves screwed the recruitment data but not the rune and weapon levels.

Maybe you should wait for someone who can help you better with this problem.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Pelfmiester

Post by Pelfmiester »

I didn't use a gameshark on the playthrough of either game. I was just saying I wish I had a gameshark because I could use it to fix the problem.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Never happened to me before. I think your save has been corrupted. I used to own a corrupted save before, the PS console refused to open it at all.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.