Enemy drop rates

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Hxc Flavor

Enemy drop rates

Post by Hxc Flavor »

These questions can be applied to any Suikoden game:

If you have a mixed party (ex. 3 Cut Rabbits and 3 Wolves at North Sparrow Pass) does the drop rate and possible items acquired still apply? Does each Cut Rabbit have a 1.96% chance to drop a Double-Beat Rune or does it have to be a party of 6 Cut Rabbits? Also, does it matter during the battle which enemy is killed first in order to receive the item?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Punkaiser

Re: Enemy drop rates

Post by Punkaiser »

Hxc Flavor wrote:Does each Cut Rabbit have a 1.96% chance to drop a Double-Beat Rune
Yes, as I used to farm not just DB rune but also something else like Master garbs, power gloves (one or two enemies can drop them among a horde of mixed monster) so that isn't a must to get into a 6x rabbits battle for DB rune, just that in a mixed enemies battle, the drop may end up with something else from those other enemies(not rabbits), as it sucks because you can only get 1 drop per battle.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Drops are done according to the order you kill enemies in. So try to kill the enemies that drop the item you want first. You still might get hosed, though. If the first CutRabbit drops Medicine (or whatever it is), that's all you get. The game won't try to give you something more rare.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

If we use buddy attack to kill all bunnies+bandits at the same time then which monster will be counted as the first to be killed? the one in slot 1? wait...I don't know slot order for enemies party yet.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Good answers, and another good question Punkraiser, I was wondering the same myself.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."