Rumor: Golden hammer rare drop from captain Rowd

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
sepirot55

Rumor: Golden hammer rare drop from captain Rowd

Post by sepirot55 »

Hello, I have found a website with information about Golden Hammer being rare dropped by captain Rowd in Kyaro during the battle that you are supposed to loose at the beginning stages of Suikoden II. If you go to gamewinners.com and search for Suikoden II in cheats section (you have to scroll down a bit) it will show you what I am talking about. I did not so far found any reference that this is true (unconfirmed). I have found that a lot of people have in the past developed strategies of beating captain Rowd with and without cheats; but, nobody so far has claimed that Golden Hammer dropped after he/she defeated Rowd. Neither did I find any other website or anyone else talking about this. I am sure that getting Golden Hammer this early into the game would drastically increase every player's advantage versus the monsters and would give a hardcore challenge to a "perfect game" list. I'd like to discuss this further with anyone who has any leads or can confirm if what I am talking about is true or not true.
PS: I just joined Suikosource, I am a hardcore fan of Suikoden series, particularly the second game. I have played it over 20 times and own 3 working copies of Suikoden II for PS1 (3 in case 1 or 2 of them break). I really want this "rumor" to be true because if it is: it will give all the fans of Suikoden II all the more to be excited about this game.
Punkaiser

Re: Rumor: Golden hammer rare drop from captain Rowd

Post by Punkaiser »

I believe that's another hoax same as Luca's Phero rune. There's no logical reason for the Golden Hammer to be available at the beginning of the game(unless this game had NG+ option), but more importantly there was never any proof.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

He doesn't drop anything at all. That's verifiable in the game's data. The after-battle code for him is the same that's used for everybody else, so there's no special routine that does something silly like make the drop a 1/65,535 chance or something. Besides, I imagine the standard 1/255 chance would be sufficiently low--even too low--for an item you get from an optional boss.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

A golden hammer would be kind of pointless so early in the game since you can't recruit Tessai until after liberating Greenhill.
PSN: FreshMetal80