On Jowston Hill, there is a mysterious area....

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
TheRatPGs

On Jowston Hill, there is a mysterious area....

Post by TheRatPGs »

Hey, you know when you're at the top of Jowston Hill where the conferences are held? Okay, well there's an area to the right of it that is always blocked off. Is that area EVER accessible? What's over there? Maybe it's a game designer's no-man's land....
Nikisaur

Re: On Jowston Hill, there is a mysterious area....

Post by Nikisaur »

I have no idea, and have wondered this myself... I always figured it was kind of like level 2 of the item shop in Suikoden 1 where they just didn't bother building maps for it...
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Muse can be visited in end game but If I recall, you can't still go there. If you can go, I think guides will mention it...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

I don't recall it being accessible at any point in the game.

Although, I do remember Flik coming from that direction when you had that conference and the guy outside didn't recognise Viktor, but did recognise Flik for his blue clothes.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I'm fairly certain I saw an account from a person who used a walk-through walls code to try to get past the roadblock/guards, and there's nothing there. It's hard to tell why they didn't design things so they could just put a wall there, or in most of the locations where there are mysterious barriers. Usually nobody asks "what's beyond that wall?". Well, as long as they can't see anything past it.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

If I remember correctly there is literally nothing beyond any area that you can't reach cause they didn't bother drawing anything that wouldn't be seen. Like Milich's mansion isn't even fully drawn cause they never intended for you to be able to see it from anywhere but outside the wall so those bits are just black space.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Sylo

Post by Sylo »

It makes sense that there is genuinely nothing past point, there wouldnt be any point mapping out an area you will never see...

However, it does make for a very interesting observation. Because there *could* be something beyond there. Lookout post or something, so we can always speculate and even use our imagination :D
"You will never be strong if you consider yourself weak" - Cleo, Suikoden
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Do you know the meeting room on that Jowston hill? There is also a locked door to and in the scene Annabelle spawned from that door during the "country meeting", Jowy also going out from there when he trapping hero...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Actually, you can reach that area via the "Walk through walls" gameshark cheat. There's another structure there which looks like some kind of under-developed. I believe they were planning to put the Municipal or the Library there but it wasn't pushed through.