Other cut scenes IE looking for power in colour?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
TheNewTeddy

Other cut scenes IE looking for power in colour?

Post by TheNewTeddy »

I'm wondering how much research has been put into this? Seems only logical that there would be some trigger for this, and considering the pilika trigger has only been figured out recently after years of research, I'm wondering if anyone has tried to find a trigger for this?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Other cut scenes IE looking for power in colour?

Post by KFCrispy »

Please clarify what you mean by "this"
Belle

Post by Belle »

The Rune of Beginning flashback ('Am I looking for power?' scene)? I haven't heard of that one being in color.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

are we playing riddles here?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

He meant that scene in Toto before Riou and Jowy get their respective runes. He's asking if it is possible to view a colored version of it, similar to the colored intro scene.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
TheNewTeddy

Post by TheNewTeddy »

KFCrispy wrote:Please clarify what you mean by "this"
Other cut scenes, like "Looking for power" being in colour
TheNewTeddy

Post by TheNewTeddy »

Also, when you break into the highland camp, you can fight a stream of battles like at the start. Has anyone ever tried 108 of these in a row?
TheNewTeddy

Post by TheNewTeddy »

(sorry for the triple post)
There are other cutscenes too and other chances to fight 108 battles in a row. Have any of these been tested?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

TheNewTeddy wrote:(sorry for the triple post)
Instead of being sorry, use the edit function. It's there for a reason.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
TheNewTeddy

Post by TheNewTeddy »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
TheNewTeddy wrote:(sorry for the triple post)
Instead of being sorry, use the edit function. It's there for a reason.
:? oookay, no need to be rude about it.
TheNewTeddy

Post by TheNewTeddy »

Yes, I am double posting, and with good reason. I have some new information.

http://spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2/suikodenii/
Someone has hacked into the game to view all the sprites. There are special sprites for the colour intro, but, there are not for other scenes. Hence, the answer is no, there are no other colour scenes.

I still wish to test doing 108 battles in all of those endless battle situations. When I do so I will post here. Since it is new information, I will post again even if it's a triple post. If that is strictly prohibited, then no offence, but I will keep the information to myself. I can understand someone, kindly and in a friendly manner, asking a new poster to not double post, but rather, edit in things if they are not new information. My above triple post did not contain new information. However if I'm going to be met with rudeness from this community, it does not encourage me to share my findings with this community.

I really still am a bit shocked that a guide writer would give me the "Don't be sorry... DON'T DO IT AGAIN" speech. I use it myself but only when I'm very angry at someone who has done something that they should know is wrong. Not at a new poster who has been on forums where editing for any reason expect to correct an error is frowned upon.

edited to bold/itallic certain parts. etc.

double edit
I don't mean to sound harsh, but I've been on at least 50 different forums in my day, and I can not recall being so rudely told to follow the rules within my first 20 posts save for once.

I feel that if I do 108 battles in a row in another part of the game, and, gain information from it (if it's NO then I understand an edit might be worthwhile, but if its yes) and I have something new to share, that a new post is worthy.

Triple edit
The last time I used the "don't be sorry" speech was when the garbage truck man was honking his horn like crazy at 6am on a monday here at the university. I had time to A - Get angry about it. B - Get my shoes and coat on. C - Go outside. D - Find him. and E - See him STILL doing it. I told him off, and gave him that speech. He said "Okay, yea. Sorry... Okay" and I left.

Edit again
Maybe the comment was not intended to come across to me as rude as it did. Or, maybe it does not come across to others as rude. But it did to me. If That seems like an over-reaction on my part, I apologize. I've been at too many communities where I put in too much work only to have it all for nought. I can be touchy at times, especially when I'd like to put in work towards something but get the feeling that nobody will care.
Belle

Post by Belle »

Ummmm...

I understand getting a little upset over a scolding, but it's not really necessary to go on for five paragraphs about just how butthurt you are. Typically, little offenses are forgiven and let go... though after that last post of yours, I'm not really sure.

And yes, it can suck to put a lot of effort into something only to have it seem like nobody cares about it. But that's just it. Regardless of what you do, it is no one's obligation to acknowledge it. If you want to help, great. Some folks might appreciate it, some folks might not care. That's just the way it goes. I would suggest doing your projects for yourself first, or even sharing them with your friends. And honestly, if you don't learn to grow a thicker skin, you'll just continue to be disappointed with everyone's reactions for a very long time.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Is there even another b/w-cutscene? Are the Genkaku flashbacks b/w? I don't really remember. And that's about the other flashback I know of at the moment (haven't played the game for years).

PS: Really, don't feel offended. Raww is not only a guide writer, but a board mod, too, so it is his task to keep the boards clean. Double (even triple) posts are ok when there is a given time between them, but you posted your three posts in a time of ~day. Also, I think Raww is right in saying that instead of saying you're sorry, you could have edited your post (it's not like it's overlooked, and even if you can double-post after some days with new information. No one will take an offense in that)
Wow, didn't want to write that much, lol.
TheNewTeddy

Post by TheNewTeddy »

The only repeating thing you can do after the opening but prior to the "looking for power" scene is kneeling at the grave. I did this about 115 times but the scene was still in black and white.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

If only the intro has special colored sprites, then that means you can only get the colored intro, not the colored versions of the other scenes.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.