S2 Clive's Quest and Perfect Game Attempt [Spoilers !!!]

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
veeshadow

Re: S2 Clive's Quest and Perfect Game Attempt [Spoilers !!!]

Post by veeshadow »

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

I just got lv 99 Riou with Pixie trick...

hell yeah 17 hours and near end...

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

veeshadow wrote:I just got lv 99 Riou with Pixie trick...

hell yeah 17 hours and near end...

How you'll level up Mazus,Pesmerga,etc up to level 99 before time runs out? They're above level 39 you know... :roll:
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Sasarai10 wrote:
How you'll level up Mazus,Pesmerga,etc up to level 99 before time runs out? They're above level 39 you know... :roll:
I don't think all characters need to be lv 99, even with that some characters can't instant level 99 like Genshu/Pesmerga.. Also obviously need Fortune Rune or half of playable characters won't touch lv 99... Lv 99 all characters also insane even without Clive's timer but I do know how to optimize the process (hint: you will have forced battles many 6 highlands on final dungeon, bring only Riou and the wanted person to lv 99 for it)

Lv 99 Riou and Nanami is unique case because Riou will exceed lv 49 (max level with fortune rune) before Nanami's sacrifice and Nanami can leave her lv 99 stat on SoD Stone...

Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'm thinking of doing this as well. I did Clive's Quest once, but withut 108 SoDs, so this will be quite a challenge for me (because I haven't played the game in years).

Some questions:

1. Does anybody have the real, EXACT time requirements for the challenge? Does it start from the beginning or is there a trigger point somewhere and time starts then?
2. I'm thinking of using Sasarai10's recruiting list, but with Kasumi instead of Valeria to get the ninjas when I go recruiting in Gregminster anyway. But just found a small mistake - wouldn't it be better to get Zamza later in South Window instead of going to Toto just for him? It's only a minute or so that you'll save, but still, hehe.
3. I'm really excited about this, phew! I still need to complete my Suikoden game first, though. I'll be recording it, and I'll be using the Suikoden II patch, so no Matilda glitch. But as I want to see as much of the towns etc as possible, I'm thinking of doing a run in which I'll go to a town, save, speak to everybody, fight until I die and then just "Continue" so I won't lose time. It's a bit cheating, but well...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:I'm thinking of doing this as well. I did Clive's Quest once, but withut 108 SoDs, so this will be quite a challenge for me (because I haven't played the game in years).

Some questions:

1. Does anybody have the real, EXACT time requirements for the challenge? Does it start from the beginning or is there a trigger point somewhere and time starts then?
2. I'm thinking of using Sasarai10's recruiting list, but with Kasumi instead of Valeria to get the ninjas when I go recruiting in Gregminster anyway. But just found a small mistake - wouldn't it be better to get Zamza later in South Window instead of going to Toto just for him? It's only a minute or so that you'll save, but still, hehe.
3. I'm really excited about this, phew! I still need to complete my Suikoden game first, though. I'll be recording it, and I'll be using the Suikoden II patch, so no Matilda glitch. But as I want to see as much of the towns etc as possible, I'm thinking of doing a run in which I'll go to a town, save, speak to everybody, fight until I die and then just "Continue" so I won't lose time. It's a bit cheating, but well...

1. No it starts from the begining of the game
2. It's better to get him at Toto because you'll trigger Pilika's scene at the same time 8)
3. Personally i don't conside Matilda Glitch cheating...it's within the game. Others may do.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@ 2. Really? I always thought when you trigger the Pilika scene, you cannot recruit Zamza anymore, but maybe I'm wrong. So it would be
Recruiting Rikimaru, Shiro/Kinnison, Millie in Ryube and then go to Toto to trigger Pilika and get Zamza? Ok, that sounds good.

@ 3. I'll play the game with the patch so I won't use it.
The Level Up -> Die -> Retry method is basically the same thing, just less consuming on your in-game clock and I can experience the world like I'm used to. :D But maybe I don't need to do it, and I can explore the towns like always, just a bit faster (as I'm recording it, I don't need to read through everything as I play, so it'll be faster...).
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:@ 2. Really? I always thought when you trigger the Pilika scene, you cannot recruit Zamza anymore, but maybe I'm wrong. So it would be
Recruiting Rikimaru, Shiro/Kinnison, Millie in Ryube and then go to Toto to trigger Pilika and get Zamza? Ok, that sounds good.

In Shiro/Kinnison's case you must be lucky becaue their appearance is random
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, I wanted to start Millie's quest, pick up that bird's nest, beat the hell out of Bonaparte and then recruit them. Most of the time, that's enough for them to trigger.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:@ 2. Really? I always thought when you trigger the Pilika scene, you cannot recruit Zamza anymore, but maybe I'm wrong. So it would be

In Shiro/Kinnison's case you must be lucky becaue their appearance is random
What? No. Shiro and Kinnison appear 5 minutes after you pick up the bird.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Omnigamer wrote: What? No. Shiro and Kinnison appear 5 minutes after you pick up the bird.

Oh sorry...i thought it was random. Is this confirmed that you must wait 5 mins in order to appear?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

In all my playthroughs, I never had trouble recruiting them.
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Antimatzist wrote:I'm thinking of doing this as well. I did Clive's Quest once, but withut 108 SoDs, so this will be quite a challenge for me (because I haven't played the game in years).

Some questions:

I'm still here, I just don't continue my playlist. The goal is completed anyway with 18 hours game time...

1. since the start of the game
2. Zamza is like the best party member for early game. Whatever you do, recruiting him on Toto will make things easier and faster with that Dragon Fire rune (I forgot what exactly called)
3. No Matilda glitch is still possible with the fact that I have 2 hours spare time with most things completed (yeah, Hai Yo cook off is finished)... You can still level up with some items hunting I stated in the past (1st page or 2nd one in this topic).. Also me and some people here found a trick to skip recruits (mainly Millie, Shiro, and Kinnison) so your party won't randomized when Riou/Jowy got their True Runes.. Skip their recruits will save times...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6LBLLhshzk

Kibit1005

Post by Kibit1005 »

FYI... Feather isn't a MUST. You just have to try to save him but keep in mind that you have to LOSE THE BATTLE with the griffins, Feather will die... but bec. Ayda saw what you did, she will still join you when you talk to her. Yes, Ayda without Feather. Then you can now Recruit Sigfried and Abizboah.
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

I even make a video about that, it's just Feather doesn't confirmed until Anti mentions it this year and this challenge was on 2012-2013 before....