S2 Clive's Quest and Perfect Game Attempt [Spoilers !!!]

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: S2 Clive's Quest and Perfect Game Attempt [Spoilers !!!]

Post by Sasarai10 »

Sasarai10 wrote:Hey,here is a character recruitment order,if you wish to save time in order to complete Clive's quest and get the good ending.

-Get Mukumuku early in Kyaro and save Nanami(3 recs)
-Get Rikimaru,Millie,Kinnison and Shiro in Ryube,and Zamza in Toto (9 recs)
-Get Hanna in Toto,after the village is burned (11 recs)
-Once you get Bright Shield and Black Sword,and relocated in Muse,get Humphrey and Futch via Matilda's glitch (14 recs)
-Get Gilbert in the War Battle in Muse (15 recs)
-Go to Kuskus to get Oulan,and Tai Ho & Yam Koo,for the boat to get in Lakewest (30 recs)
- Once you get to Lakewest recruit Taki (31 recs)
- Recruit Hans in Two River once you'll be there,and don't forget to buy Fried Tacos from items shop in Kobold district. (32 recs)
- When you have made an alliance with Two River and you are going back to your HQ use Fried Tacos to get Tetsu (36 recs)
-Go back to South Window to get Clive,Alex & Hilda,and Adlai (make sure to have Freed in your party,because he is equipped with that Shield which Adlai demands) (40 recs)
- Now you'll have a castle at level 2,so Hai Yo will appear in your HQ. Go talk to him (41 recs)
- Add Chaco and Gengen in your party,along with Clive,whilst you are in HQ. Now go to Lakewest to recruit Shilo,and speak to the guy at the inn,who will give you info about Elza (42 recs)
- Go to Two River to get Sid and Gabocha (44 recs)
- Go to Forest Village to find the fake Elza,and get Wakaba and Tony (46 recs)
- After making an alliance with Greenhill (make sure you recruited Emilia),and you are going back to your HQ,go to Greenhill-Muse check to pick up Meg and Gadget and in Two River to get Jeane (53 recs)
- Recruit Viki on your way to Matilda (54 recs)
- After defeating Kiba,and you are going to Gregminster to meet Lepant,you will have Freed in your party,so recruit Yoshino,Stalion,Amada and Richmond (62 recs)
- Purchase a Rose Brooch from Banner,and two Celadon Urns from Gordon. Recruit Valeria instead of Kasumi,and speak to Anita in Banner (65 recs)
- Now you'll have level 3 castle,and the Blinking Mirror. Once you get in your HQ,go back to Merc. Fort to recruit Templton,Matilda Path to recruit Badeux,in Forest Village to get Ayda & Feather,and Connell,in Ryube to get Tomo,in Lakewest to get Hix and Tengaar,and complete their quest,and Yuzu in Kobold's Village (74 recs)
- After defeating Luca,go to Kuskus to get Karen,and in Radat to get Hoi,Lebrante and Simone (78 recs)
- During your stay in Tinto get Raura,visit Crom to get Long Chan-chan and Tenkou,and Tinto Mines to get Abizboah (82 recs) (Note: Don't escape from Tinto,so you'll save time.)
-After making an alliance with Tinto,make sure to accept Jess' apologize. Now go back to the Mountain Path to get Georg,visit Two River to get Bob and visit South Window to get Max,Anallee,Gantetsu and Killey (96 recs)
-Now after liberating Greenhill get Pico,Jude,Tessai,and Alberto (100 recs)
-Your castle now is level 4. Go recruit Pesmerga,Mazus,Vincent and Genshu. Then go back to Banner village,enter Rokkaku to get Sasuke and Mondo,and then go to Gregminster to get Lorelai and Gordon (make sure to trade the Ancient Texts in Kobold Village to Forest Village firstly,and have the one Celadon Urn from before,to give it back to him. Its price will be increased) (108 recs)

Hope you found it helpful....if you disagree on some points,please add your own ideas. :)

Sorry lads,but I made a mistake. You'll get Castle Level 4,when you have 101 recruits (only SoD count)...so it's better to get Kasumi instead of Valeria,in order to recruit Sasuke and Mondo earlier. Try speaking to Anita every time you enter in Muse,during your stay there...but don't bother recruit her,at this point of the game,unless you are lucky.

veeshadow wrote:Continued from here: Pilika event should be there now. After agree her request, save game and I'm gonna do Matilda glitch for first time but not meet Futch and Humphrey. Okay I already said Matilda glitch is arguable, every opinions have pros and cons.. At least this is not cheat dude...

- Make a save on Highway Village, but don't talk to Humphrey yet.
- Get all treasures on Matilda region (Dragon Armor, Guard Ring, Violence Rune on Rockaxe, Mega Medicine)
- On Matilda forest, You need to get a battle with ONLY Hollyboy group inside (without Papaholly). This enemy group will give you high exp and easy to beat. When you get them, use Buddy ATK and Loyal Dog ATK then anyone else attack normally. Win this battle and you get huge level up (my party going from lv 7 to 13, yeah).
- Exit south to Greenhill region, pick treasures on Greenhill and Forest Village (Recipe #20, Old Book vol. 5 and 6).
- Attach Runes at Greenhill. Believe it or not, it's free (0 potch)
- Back to Coronet and pick Recipe #5.
- This detour may seems waste time, but my purpose is when you walk on world maps you can encounter Sickle that can drop Gale rune. So instead you fight repeatedly and bored fights, add this detour to make it less boring although you still need to reset if takes too much time (at this point, my time is 1.17)
- After this detour finished, time to buy gift for Pilika and continue story.
Pretty good,but don't bother collecting any recipes or Old Books.
Sorry to dissapoint you,but you cannot have both a perfect game,and completing Clive's quest.
Now i'm at the point,before Rockaxe's recapture,and my time is 35 hrs and some minutes (although i wasn't on Playstation all this time,so let's say i had a playtime of total 30-32 hrs). I have recruited all 108 stars,done all cook-offs,recruited all squirels (this took me about 1,5-2 hours),opened all treasure boxes,and completed McDohl's quest.
The only thing that you might be able to do along with Clive's quest and recruit all stars,is recruiting the 4 other squirels (if you know in which place you can find each one),and completing McDohl's quest,if you have a save from S1,at Gregminster.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I've started Clive's quest today,and getting 108 stars along with his quest.

Now my time is 2:39,at Coronet just after escaping from Muse,with 13 recruits. :)

That must be a good time,i guess...although it caused me a little headache :?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Tip about Gordon's recruitment.

Once you speak to him,get 2 Celadon Urns (keep the 1 of these 2,in your bag in order to recruit Lebrante later) at a low price. Then go back and get an Ancient Text from Kobold's Village and sell it to Forest Village,then once you have reached a high level (45 or so),so you don't have to fight random enemies on the road to Gregminster,go back to Greg. and sell the 2nd Celadon Urn to him. I'm pretty sure that you have made the certain amount of money he demands.
This will save enough time.
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Well, the first priority is getting missable stuffs. Something that draw my attention is the gamefaqs guide (search perfect game guide there). As the writer can complete Clive's quest+108 SoD under 12 hours that's why I try to add more challenges inside for future sections. My time surely won't as fast as the writer state but I tried to plan things that can make battles or missions easier. Something that bother me is because the guide doesn't provide good strategy, I mean his deal is "attack the boss and hope the boss doesn't kill you". This is a big gamble to reach fast time. I am sure not everyone will repeat many battles until Luca Blight doesn't use fire animation attack for example.

Now continue the story...
- Don't forget recruit Hanna lol, when you recruit Tsai place him on party instead convoy. Unless you want to use him on future sections, you want to strip some of his equipped items.
- Go to North Sparrow and talk to guard there. There is a funny scene for Nanami, even some walkthroughs don't mention it. And this scene missable since I tried to rush the game and you can't trigger this anymore after Jowy betrays you.
- Save before you meet Flik and Viktor after getting back from Tsai's place. Here is the important deal. The next arc, you will given 3 random party members beside our trio. So you want to strip everyone's equipment then keep some better equipments so that you can equip random members some good equipments. Store all un-needed items to Barbara. If you're using Matilda glitch, you even only need to prepare 1 party member since you'll be forced with 5 members. I'm gonna reset until I got a party member that I want. I pick Gengen as my last spot, although he is not good fighters, I personally choose him because you can store many items to him (6 equipments, 1 rune, 1 weapon rune). I need to keep inventory slot as empty as possible since Barbara will leave for a while.
- Flik's duel is not big problem. If you read a duel guide somewhere, just memorize all opponent's wild attack quote so you will defend to counter.
- First field war/major battle also not big deal. But if you want faster time. Save first then always use Fire spear on Solon's unit on Riou's turn, if he's killed, battle will end instantly.
- Very important, you must save first after this battle so if you don't get random party members you want you will reset from this progress..

to be continued for now...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Go to North Sparrow and talk to guard there. There is a funny scene for Nanami, even some walkthroughs don't mention it. And this scene missable since I tried to rush the game and you can't trigger this anymore after Jowy betrays you.
Is that the one that will trigger if you didn't save her in Kyaro?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

My time now is 5:32 at HQ,after escaping from Greenhill,and with 51 recruits. So you might be right that you can have a perfect game,except the cook-offs. cook-off chalenges are available 30 mins after you finished the previous one
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

ninjaluc79 wrote:
Go to North Sparrow and talk to guard there. There is a funny scene for Nanami, even some walkthroughs don't mention it. And this scene missable since I tried to rush the game and you can't trigger this anymore after Jowy betrays you.
Is that the one that will trigger if you didn't save her in Kyaro?
If you leave her on Kyaro you can trigger this after she joins you at White Deer Inn.. Haha seems Sasarai got more play time than me, i am just starting Two River Arc...

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Finished Clive's Quest within 12 hrs and 17 mins,with all 108 stars...and in case you think i'm lying here's the proof:

I've got in my party Vincent,Mazus,Pesmerga & Genshu,the last 4 characters in the game...

So if we want to have a perfect game,we have 7 hrs and 43 mins left in order to finish Clive's Quest...that's enough time to collect rare items,like recipes,old books,etc.And recruiting the other 4 squirels,sacrifing Ridley to get Boris,and completing McDohl's quest too. So veeshadow i guess you are right,you can have a perfect game,along with Clive's quest.....it was my mistake! Actually i couldn't believe that you can have Clive's quest along with 108 stars of destiny. But here i'm now i've done it even within less than 2/3 of the time limit.

The key is to skip the dialogues by pressing cross and triangle button.
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

Well done! Since you guys might be be close to do a perfect game attempt, I would advice to record it with some sort of video recorder, even low quality should be fine since it would be a first attempt. Also, an another tip when saving between segment don't hesitate to use multiple "save block", so you can backtrack in time, in case of route error or anything else.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BadPotato wrote:Well done! Since you guys might be be close to do a perfect game attempt, I would advice to record it with some sort of video recorder, even low quality should be fine since it would be a first attempt. Also, an another tip when saving between segment don't hesitate to use multiple "save block", so you can backtrack in time, in case of route error or anything else.

I don't own any video recorder,but i'll buy one,when the time comes. I don't know how to work it though.

Personaly i was using multiple save blocks before war battles (my favorite part of the game). i would like to win battles like saving Ridley in Radat (i almost did it this time),or beating Leo before the last battle.

Funny thing is,that during my attempt completing Clive's quest and getting good ending, in the Rockaxe recapture major battle,i didn't wish to fight any enemies,i wanted to skip this battle,and i accidently defeated Culgan with Teresa (with 6 Attack and 7 Defense)...lol,to think that i was struggling defeating him,because he will appear for a little time...now that i didn't want to defeat him,i did it.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess it's my lucky day,today....shall i go for gambling? :P
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Sasarai10 wrote:
BadPotato wrote:Well done! Since you guys might be be close to do a perfect game attempt, I would advice to record it with some sort of video recorder, even low quality should be fine since it would be a first attempt. Also, an another tip when saving between segment don't hesitate to use multiple "save block", so you can backtrack in time, in case of route error or anything else.

I don't own any video recorder,but i'll buy one,when the time comes. I don't know how to work it though.

Personaly i was using multiple save blocks before war battles (my favorite part of the game). i would like to win battles like saving Ridley in Radat (i almost did it this time),or beating Leo before the last battle.

Funny thing is,that during my attempt completing Clive's quest and getting good ending, in the Rockaxe recapture major battle,i didn't wish to fight any enemies,i wanted to skip this battle,and i accidently defeated Culgan with Teresa (with 6 Attack and 7 Defense)...lol,to think that i was struggling defeating him,because he will appear for a little time...now that i didn't want to defeat him,i did it.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess it's my lucky day,today....shall i go for gambling? :P
I've recorded some sections, but I don't know when to upload them lol... Major battle is one thing that you depend on luck but of course strategy will make them less luck dependant 8) 8) well one thing I need more time for research beside items is level. I'll make everyone on their criteria for lv 99 trick, which means you must get Fortune Rune and below lv 49 or 39. It's just my personal reference but people surely will surprised ifI show them that most people are lv 99 below 30 hours :mrgreen:

veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

continued...

- On 2nd major battle just move Riou to west/east side then stay idle until lose.. Make sure Jowy is with you and go to Pilika..
- This probably one thing that you can feel bored due to resets, get your wanted party members for next arc.
- Proceed until White Deer Inn, for non-Matilda glitch users take your time to clear sindar ruins dungeon without escaping battles (for exp and money). For Matilda glitch users you need to postpone this dungeon for now and go to Highway Village instead for Futch and Humphrey (note: I'll only cover Rakutei Mountain section for now)
- Keep in mind you need to make multiple save files for this arc. Personally, this is hardest arc in the game for me.
- Don't bother going to Rakutei mountain yet, now you need to do a battle with exactly 3 Pink Birds, if you escape most battles so far and do battle with Hollyboy I told before, everyone's level beside Futch and Humphrey will jump into 18-20. We need to keep this level for a trick !!! If you want a gamble for resets you can also try beat 2 Pink Birds but only continue if you got Slyph/Skunk Rune. If you got Skunk Rune, lucky for you !! Attach this to Jowy !!
- Go back to Sindar Ruins and pick all possible items, but don't face the boss yet. Also get an extra Fire Lizard Rune from Salamander.
- Save the game then now this is tricky part. Make Humphrey die. Place Nanami, Futch, and Humphrey on front row. Go to Matilda Forest and encounter Zombie Slug. Have someone heal Futch every turn with medicine and everyone else defend. These enemies basically will only attack Futch and Humphrey with my party formation and equipments. Keep doing same thing every turn until Humphrey killed, then escape the battle. Heal Humphrey with only 1 medicine, making him 101 HP. Heal Jowy until he's on full HP. Don't bother to heal anyone else, on next section everyone beside Jowy must die.
- Jowy must equip best available equipment.
- This is my party formation before next progress.
Nanami Futch Humphrey
Gengen Riou Jowy
- Save game then now this is the hardest part to do, you must enter a battle with 6 enemies inside Rakutei Mountain. It doesn't matter which one group as there are some possibilities for 6 enemies appear.
- When 6 enemies appear, do your best to sweep enemies one by one and leave only 1 enemy left. Your party will most likely die in proccess, pray that it's not Humphrey and Jowy that die first. use Jowy's Flash Judgement on an enemy every turn. If Jowy has Skunk Rune then this can be easier. Let the last enemy kill Humphrey after everyone else then Jowy kill last enemy for lv 18-20 to 78-80 !!!
- Heal entire party then loot all items on Rakutei Mountain, now make multiple save for getting items from monster drops (Skunk, Black Urn, Turtle Plans #3)
- The monsters you fight for these items should be easy to beat. Use Hungry Friend or Twinkling Blade. For Spiker, a Buddy ATK can one shot them.

Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

How much is your time till now?
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

It's around 3 hours on Harpy, my latest now is when Riou become leader around 5 hours..

Still need plan for future sections, especially because many things can be done anytime...

Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

veeshadow wrote:It's around 3 hours on Harpy, my latest now is when Riou become leader around 5 hours..

Still need plan for future sections, especially because many things can be done anytime...

That's a very good time....

As i see you wish to do Hai Yo's cook-offs right? Well this is possible,but you'll have a cook-off contest every 30 mins. So be sure to drop by your HQ,every 30-35 mins or so,in order to trigger the challenge.For example when you go out to pick up new recruits,or rare items,when the time has passed,don't forget to drop by to him.

Also make sure you know in which treasure box,are the rare items you are searching for...unless you want to open all treasure boxes.