S2 Clive's Quest and Perfect Game Attempt [Spoilers !!!]

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
veeshadow

Re: S2 Clive's Quest and Perfect Game Attempt [Spoilers !!!]

Post by veeshadow »

I mostly use Green Salad as Appetizer and Ice Cream/Pudding as dessert, main menu is depend on their favor. Those not best recipe but really simple and giving good score so far never see someone give score 1 on them lol...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Just beat Luca Blight with ONE PARTY (Riou, Humphrey, Futch, Nanami, Luc, and Millie) and I got it to ~15h just before the Tinto Arc. Can I still finish Clive's Quest with this clock or should I do this all over again?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Hmm, not sure about that. Sasarai10 and me can get into Tinto below 13 hours.. In my normal gameplay (not challenge one, meaning wasting some time with grind and else), I still can get Clive's ending when my time is around 18 hours after Nanami's "death"

Even if I say possible, that means you need to ignore most optional sidequests beside 108 SoD recruiting..

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Yeah, the grind and my tendency to suddenly forget things held me up. It really gets annoying to see party members with 800-900 EXP at the end of my run. Add my OCD and things get really ugly. So I guess I have no choice but to play through it and hope I manage to finish Clive's Quest at below 20h.

Say, which do you think is faster, beating Luca Blight with 3 sub-optimal parties or with 1 optimized party?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

ninjaluc79 wrote:Just beat Luca Blight with ONE PARTY (Riou, Humphrey, Futch, Nanami, Luc, and Millie) and I got it to ~15h just before the Tinto Arc. Can I still finish Clive's Quest with this clock or should I do this all over again?

Sure you can. I've finished Clive's quest with 108 stars,in circa 12,5 hrs...i've posted a pic too,with my time.

There are 4 important things,that you must do if you want to finish Clive's quest,with getting the perfect ending,and doing as many optional things you can.

1) You must get very VERY familiar with the game,so that means don't do any mistakes.
2) Skip all dialogues by pressing Cross and Triangle button together.
3) Every minute counts in this quest. That means you must turn off your console,if you don't use it,for example when you eat,or go to the bathroom.
4) And most important of all...do the quest when you are alone at home,so there won't be someone to disturb you,and turn off your cell-phone. :mrgreen:

The only thing that you cannot do during Clive's quest are Richmond's investigations. Those would last over 20 hrs all-together. But you can open up all treasure-boxes,and even do all the cook-offs,i suppose. Each cook-off contest appears every 30 mins. And they last about 3 mins with all dialogues and choosing your menu. So if you judge your time correctly,cook-offs won't take more than 1hr of your playthrough.

ninjaluc79 wrote:Yeah, the grind and my tendency to suddenly forget things held me up. It really gets annoying to see party members with 800-900 EXP at the end of my run. Add my OCD and things get really ugly. So I guess I have no choice but to play through it and hope I manage to finish Clive's Quest at below 20h.

Say, which do you think is faster, beating Luca Blight with 3 sub-optimal parties or with 1 optimized party?

3. During your Clive's quest you won't have much time,to level-up your characters,so it's better to use 3 parties.

Also another very important thing during Clive's quest is to do the leveling up trick,where you have not saved your game,but your level will still carry on. Simply save your game,before fighting the Mist Monster on your way to Kyaro. And don't save it again,till you reach Mt.Rakutei via Matilda Trick,early in the game. Level up your characters up to level 35 or so,and after that let the enemies defeat you,and get back to the previous saving point.

This will save much time,because you can skip random enemies,up to the point during Greenhil's events (rescuing Teresa).

Of course if you can pull it off,till the final dungeon of the game,without losing,it will be better,since you'll be over level 60,when you start again from Kyaro town.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Sasarai10 wrote:Also another very important thing during Clive's quest is to do the leveling up trick,where you have not saved your game,but your level will still carry on. Simply save your game,before fighting the Mist Monster on your way to Kyaro. And don't save it again,till you reach Mt.Rakutei via Matilda Trick,early in the game. Level up your characters up to level 35 or so,and after that let the enemies defeat you,and get back to the previous saving point.

This will save much time,because you can skip random enemies,up to the point during Greenhil's events (rescuing Teresa).

Of course if you can pull it off,till the final dungeon of the game,without losing,it will be better,since you'll be over level 60,when you start again from Kyaro town.
I don't want to overlevel. That's cheating to me. It just really gets annoying to see party members with 900+ EXP at the end of the run.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

ninjaluc79 wrote:
I don't want to overlevel. That's cheating to me. It just really gets annoying to see party members with 900+ EXP at the end of the run.

900+ EXP at the end of the run? I don't know what you mean,but probably you mean bring your character up to level 99,so he'll have 999 EXP. I didn't mean that of course,but i said to level up your character,till level 60-65 in L'Renouile,if you can,and then go back to Kyaro via save trick,and rush your game to complete Clive's quest.

It's still cheating,yes i agree,but that's a legal cheat. You don't use Gameshark codes,and things such as these. :wink:
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

No, what I mean is, I finish the North Window Arc at around Level 25-28. What annoys me is that after that arc, at least one party member will be Level 26 and have 996 EXP or something.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

ninjaluc79 wrote:No, what I mean is, I finish the North Window Arc at around Level 25-28. What annoys me is that after that arc, at least one party member will be Level 26 and have 996 EXP or something.

So what? In the next battle,your character will level up anyway.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Yeah, I know. Maybe I should keep my OCD in check.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Finally clocked at 19h 15m, but I had to forgo McDohl's quest to do that.

Which led to a rather interesting bug.

I was about to enter L'Renouille when I tried McDohl's quest and defeated the Poison Moth (as in, I did not let my characters die). But problem is, when I get to the Toran border gate, nothing special happened. Varkas just asked me if I wanted to go to Gregminster.

So should I do McDohl's quest right after beating Luca Blight and let my characters die vs the Poison Moth? If so, I'll just have to play the game all over again.

It seems that I am taking too long to prepare for the Luca Blight battle. Everything was fine until I wasn't able to reach Gordon's 50k potch requirement by the time I get to Toran (RNG screwed me, it never gave Ancient Texts until after Gregminster). I clocked around 12h after Gregminster, but I clocked at around 13h-14h just before the battle. On the flipside, I guess the Technique Rune (20% chance to steal potch, Weapon) solved my money problems.

So, any tips in preparing for the Luca Blight battle in the shortest time possible?
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Don't worry about fitting all 3 parties as good as they can be vs. Luca Blight. In the first 2 parties, I mainly put people in there who had strong magic and strong unites. Do as much damage as possible as soon as possible, don't worry about longevity.

For the third and final party with Riou, incorporate the use of the Fire Sealing rune on your strongest attacker, and give everyone else a Lightning Rune. Blast Luca away with spells and he should be dead within a few rounds. Oh, don't forget to heal. ;)
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Hmm... I think I would prefer beating Luca with just one party. Fighting him with three parties was getting boring for me because he dies too quickly.

That way, I would prepare for only one party.

But, hey, thanks for the tip.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I agree. I guess I meant to say that it doesn't really matter who you put in the first two parties, just beef up the last one. He's not too hard, really.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Luca was just tricky for newcomers that make they think he's hardest boss. All bosses beside Luca can beaten by noob way (spam auto/unite then Riou use Battle Oath when needed). But Luca is filled with high counter and physical atk that hard to beat with same noob way.

I use magical tactic with him but that's with entire 3 parties
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJNXir0NXc0

Damn, this just awesome (or broken) war. Ayda, Tsai, and Chaco stole the glory from entire army lol. They will also check-mating in next battle in Muse..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-VpJUtAz-s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTeitY6s-vU