Humphrey vs Pesmerga

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
gildedtalon

Humphrey vs Pesmerga

Post by gildedtalon »

Who would you choose? They are so similar to me, both appear only in suikoden I and II
Both are knights, very very tanky, always act last, often miss their normal attacks :lol:

Give your opinions for them on suikoden I also :mrgreen: I don't want to create the same topic on suikoden I gameplay questions
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
veeshadow

Re: Humphrey vs Pesmerga

Post by veeshadow »

The only reason I like Humphrey more than Pesmerga is because you can play as Humphrey a lot more than Pesmerga XD

Plus Pesmerga really lacks of development. He even doesn't re-appear on S3 while Yuber become more important in story as the series goes on...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Pesmerga of course...i disliked Humphrey because of his "......." thing.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I saw Humphrey like Arnold Schwarzenegger hahaha :lol:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

veeshadow wrote:The only reason I like Humphrey more than Pesmerga is because you can play as Humphrey a lot more than Pesmerga XD

Plus Pesmerga really lacks of development. He even doesn't re-appear on S3 while Yuber become more important in story as the series goes on...
Humphrey has about as much 'development' as Pesmerga has. In SI Humphrey has to come along to the Dragon Knights and in SII he has a sidequest with Futch, but neither have much to do with Humphrey himsefl, so I find that point moot.

I like Pesmerga, because I just like him. I like Humphrey too, he just doesn't seem to get hurt.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

There's just something about Pesmerga that makes me want to know all about him.

Humphrey is interesting too, but not on the same level as he, clearly seems human. They should have fleshed out Humphrey a bit, a bit of an insight into who he is.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Humphrey without a doubt.

Let's see...

In Suikoden 1, after Tir becomes leader of the Liberation army, Humphrey is the first member of the original Liberation Army to rush to our aid, and he provides us with the manpower to take down the forces of Kwanda Rosman, allowing us our first victory against the empire. He defends Tir when Flik freaks out about him taking Odessa's place. He helps us forge an alliance with Joshua and the Dragon Knights, and takes on the exiled apprentice Futch as a ward. He convinces an old enemy, Kreutz, to join our cause. We also find out that Humphrey betrayed the Empire after being involved in the horrific incident at Kalekka. That's what Suikoden is all about - characters who become involved in brutal conflict and have to make difficult choices; whether to remain loyal to their country or choose a separate, possibly more dangerous path. People who experience tragedy and loss, and yet still keep on fighting for a cause greater than themselves. That's what's inspiring about Suikoden as a series.

In Suikoden 1, Pesmerga is a mysterious black knight who is searching for Yuber. :|

In Suikoden 2, Humphrey continues his journey with Futch to find a new dragon. During their travels, Futch befriends a young boy who goes missing, and Humphrey risks his life to help find the boy upon Mt. Rakutei. They discover an orphaned dragon whelp, which Futch rejects at first because he's still devastated about losing Black, and then Humphrey steps in and makes a harsh gesture to destroy the baby dragon, before giving a moving speech about how you can still cherish the past while embracing a new future. Futch feels inspired by Humphrey's words and accepts the new dragon, and through Humphrey's selfless devotion and acts of kindness, Futch is eventually allowed to rejoin the Dragon Knights to resume his career.

In Suikoden 2, Pesmerga is a mysterious black knight who is still searching for Yuber. :|

In Suikoden 3, Futch and Bright are all grown up and kicking ass. Futch now carries the sword of his friend and so he has combined his skills that he learned during his travels with Humphrey with the experience of studying with the dragon knights. He looks out for a young trainee, Sharon, the same way Humphrey looked out for him. Futch has grown into a strong, confident man, thanks to Humphrey's guidance.

In Suikoden 3, Pesmerga is nowhere to be found while Yuber is still at large causing all kinds of trouble. :?

Anyone who chooses Pesmerga over Humphrey needs some sense knocked into them.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Humphrey is better because he, at least, has a good reason to shut up.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

@sticky-runes you gotta admit at least Pesmerga's outfit is cooler than Humphrey's :P
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

what good is a fancy outfit if the man wearing it is useless? :P
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:what good is a fancy outfit if the man wearing it is useless? :P

ok he might not be the greatest but i'd not call him "useless".

in war battles he has a 3+ attack plus cavalry ability,and he's a pretty good fighter in battles.

he might not be Killey or Sheena,but he's not Freed or Gengen :wink:
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Pesmerga seems to have way less damage potential than Freed. What good is his strength if he can't deal damage?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc2usQKG6Qw
After watching this I was thinking "why not let Meg hunt for Yuber, and Pesmerga search for Juppo?"
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I dress like Humphrey and I look cooler than any guy who would dress like Pesmerga :P
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:
he might not be Killey or Sheena,but he's not Freed or Gengen :wink:
Killey is a dick. Oh, I'm such a badass i'm gonna walk into your castle and threaten the shopkeeper and then walk off and try to talk you OUT of recruiting me. :roll: And in S5 he turns out to be an even bigger plank.

I'll take Freed and Gengen over Pesminger any day.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Y'all better not be coming for Gengen. "It feel good on fur" remains an iconic line in Suikoden history.

His outfit is much cooler than Pesmerga's too.