[FAQ] Requirements to continue story (meeting Pilika)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Omnigamer

Re: [FAQ] Requirements to continue story (meeting Pilika)

Post by Omnigamer »

No, just the initial screen. So it goes from World Map -> Fort gate -> World Map. The actual trigger occurs when it starts loading the scenery for the Fort, but it doesn't matter since you have to leave anyway. You can just leave immediately once the screen is loaded and it will still count.
suiken

Post by suiken »

Do you know already what is the answer? Talk to the chinese guy next to Millie. He will mention that Highland is approaching Toto village. And no, you don't need to recruit any characters to trigger Pilika's event.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

suiken wrote:Do you know already what is the answer? Talk to the chinese guy next to Millie. He will mention that Highland is approaching Toto village. And no, you don't need to recruit any characters to trigger Pilika's event.
What? The answer is already found, this is not something.
suiken

Post by suiken »

Antimatzist wrote:
suiken wrote:Do you know already what is the answer? Talk to the chinese guy next to Millie. He will mention that Highland is approaching Toto village. And no, you don't need to recruit any characters to trigger Pilika's event.
I read the previous posts and they are seems unsure what the trigger is. This is the same issue with recruiting Oulan. The hoodlums won't appear in the corner of Kuskus if you don't talk to the Granny at the entrance of the town.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

suiken wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:
I read the previous posts and they are seems unsure what the trigger is. This is the same issue with recruiting Oulan. The hoodlums won't appear in the corner of Kuskus if you don't talk to the Granny at the entrance of the town.
No, the first post has the absolute answer to this. Omnigamer already uses the "talking to Toto inn keeper" method in his speedruns, this is well-tested. You're right that you don't need to recruit anybody, but talking tot hat guy doesn't do anything. Time most likely also plays a role, but the exact criteria for that are not known.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

So we understand the Pilika Counter, but there's no guarantee that we know everything that affects it. If the old man in Ryube contributes to it somehow, then it should be pretty easy to check. Just fire it up in psxjin and monitor that address for changes. I will guess that it has no effect though.
suiken

Post by suiken »

I just made a re-run recently. I don't want to re-run the game for 1 hour just to confirm that. But he's the last guy I talked to before going to Toto Village.
suiken

Post by suiken »

Okay. Seems like my theory is incorrect. It's not the villager.

I had tried another run and made it in just one hour. Recruited Millie and Rikimaru but I still don't think it's necessary. Talked to all the villagers both in Toto and Ryube. Still no effect.

Next step, I enter and exit Toto repeatedly and the scene finally happened.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Well, that's what people have been saying. Recruiting is not necessary. It just contributes more points to the total than any other single action.