Character Starting levels

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
brightshieldrune

Character Starting levels

Post by brightshieldrune »

Hi,

don't suppose anyone knows the starting levels for Mazus and George? i know they are based on Riou's, but how many levels by?

i heard georg is rious level plus 5 but not too sure about this, can anyone confirm for both.

i really wanna do the level 49-99 trick for both, so i need to knowq exactly how many levels i can gain with riou through the game before i stop.

thanks
ninjaluc79

Re: Character Starting levels

Post by ninjaluc79 »

All characters that suffer from the Level 99 glitch have their starting levels based on Riou's level.

Mazus, Pesmerga, Jowy Blight (aka Sword Jowy) = Riou + 5
Georg = Riou + 10
Hoi = Riou - 3
L.C. Chan = Riou

McDohl usually starts at level 40, which will increase depending on McDohl's level in Suikoden 1.

Please feel free to correct me if this info is wrong. Thanks.
Last edited by ninjaluc79 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
brightshieldrune

Brilliant cheers for the info, been trying to look this up for what it seems like forever...thanks once again:-)
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Yeah, we lack on a complete list about these :(
arhcamt

Post by arhcamt »

that doesn't seem to be case on my current playthrough. i have riou at lv 35 and hoi joined at lv 25, lc chan at lv 42, georg and mazus at lv 40, and pesmerga at lv 50. i have no idea why. :\
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

You have to take notice of Riou's level FOR EACH RECRUIT.

For example, if your Riou was indeed level 35 AT THE TIME of Pesmerga's recruitment, then you should have him at around 45. But if Pes is still at 50 even if your Riou is below level 40, then I think Pes has a minimum starting level of 50, but still follows the "Riou's level + 10 rule".

I'm not sure about Hoi and LC Chan, but you can recruit Hoi as early as before the mission to Toran, which leaves Riou at level 35 at the average.
LC Chan is usually recruited during the events of the Neclord Arc, where Riou is usually around level 40-45.

Pes and Georg are recruited before Rockaxe liberation, where Riou's level is at least 50, unless you kill him off so he stays at 39 or 49 with Fortune rune for the level 99 trick.
arhcamt

Post by arhcamt »

yes my riou is always at lv 35 during each recruits. i halted his level growth by killing him on every battle because i want to test my lv 99 nanami & jowy method. :D the weird thing is, on my previous playthrough i have riou at lv 34 and hoi joined at lv 24, lc chan at lv 38, georg and mazus at lv 39, and pesmerga at lv 50. so i guess hoi's level formula is riou's level minus 10 and georg's and mazus's is riou's level plus 10. not sure about lc chan and pesmerga.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

This means:

Hoi = Riou level - 10
LC Chan = Riou + 3
Georg/Mazus = Riou + 5, no min level
Pesmerga = Riou + 5, min level 50
arhcamt

Post by arhcamt »

ah yes, riou + 5 for george and mazus. my bad. as for lc chan, he joined at lv 42 when riou is lv 35 but lv 38 when riou is lv 34. i have no idea what contributes to the difference.
brightshieldrune

just to let you know that during my recent playthrough (PAL), each character's were the following....

Hoi = Riou -10..........i was level 37 hoi joined at level 27
George = Riou + 10.........i was level 41 georg joined at level 51
L.C Chan = Riou -2............i was level 40 L.C Chan joined at level 38
Mazus = Riou + 5...............i was level 41 and Mazus joined at level 46
Pesmerga = I was level 41 Riou and pesmerga joined as level 50
Tir = Riou -3.....i was level 41 Tir joined at level 38 (don't know if Riou's level effects Tir's)

please note:- pesmerga's and Tir's levels were both 58 when transferred from suikoden 1 (they were not the highest leveled characters transferred either). So it looks like level 50 really could be the minimim level Pesmerga can join.

I'm just not too sure what happened with L.C Chan....maybe the matilda glitch effects his level???? in my playthrough i did not go to rockaxe early, but i did go to highway village just so i could view the fire emblems to have them in my shop early in the game and he definately joined 2 level below my level 40 riou. Maybe his level also effect wakaba's who was level 31, maybe the formula for L.C chan's level = wakaba's level + 7 ????
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

@LC Chan Try to take note of Wakaba's level the exact moment you recruit him. You probably had acquired EXP from the enemy encounters on the way to Crom, which will affect your level basis if you don't do so.

It is possible that Tir's level in Suikoden 2 depends on his level in Suikoden 1, as I had Tir join at level 43 (46 in one playthrough) when Riou is somewhere around 38-40.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I've had Pesmerga join at Level 36 before. My Riou was Level 31 so I don't know about a minimum level. Perhaps it's bonuses carried over from GS1?

ETA: And yeah, I think LC Chan's level is dependent on Wakaba's.
brightshieldrune

Okay,

I'm gonna start a new game and write down all the levels of the above characters. I am only going to use a new game that has data transferred from suikoden 1, i will write down all the transferred characters levels etc.

Also, it seems that every character that is effected by Riou's will need to be tested from different levels.

I'll have to try level 30+ and see what I come up with. I'll leave characters like wakaba etc. on their starting levels and test a bit. Might take a while to do though. Luckily for me i have it on my psp now :)) so I can take the game to bed and play it all night...........geeeeeeez i need to get out more :), will post back in a few weeks.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

How about writing down the levels of *every* character? :) Perhaps we can compare these in the future. It is kind of tricky for this game, as different factors count in:

- Base level
- Base level depending on Hero
- Base level + Suiko 1 bonus
- Base level depending on hero + Suiko 1 bonus

The Suiko 1 bonus is still a mystery to me. There are many rumours about this, but we have absolutely no confirmed data.
brightshieldrune

Good Idea,

I'll do all character starting levels and also play around with riou's level when recruiting them. I'll also list each characters level from suikoden 1 and all exp at the time they were transferred. This will also need to be done with non transferred data which can be done at a later date.

cheers