Greenhill Rescue Mission Party Members Discussion

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
ninjaluc79

Greenhill Rescue Mission Party Members Discussion

Post by ninjaluc79 »

After getting Two River as an ally, the New State Army's next move is to rescue Greenhill's mayor Teresa Wisemail. Greenhill has been taken by Highland with only 5,000 soldiers. The Highland strategy was to release he prisoners from Muse into Greenhill, so that the Greenhill's food supply will substantially decrease, which will make the siege much easier. As a result, Greenhill lost without even having fought.

Now, under recommendation of Fitcher and Shu, Riou and his allies will sneak into Greenhill and pose as students since Greenhill is an academy city. People from all over the world go there to study, so Highland won't stop it (for obvious reasons). For this purpose, only people who are of college-age can enter Greenhill undetected, with Flik as their guardian. So far Riou has recruited around 50 people, but not all of them can go to Greenhill, except for the following:

Flik(their guardian, S); Riou(Hero 2, M), Nanami(M) and Mukumuku(L); Pilika(NP); Hix(S); Tengaar(L); Eilie(L); Bolgan(S, no Rina though O_O); Tuta(L); Millie(L); Kinnison(L) and Shiro(S); Gengen(S); Gabocha(L); Luc(Magician, S); Chaco(M); Wakaba(S); and Meg(L) and Gadget(M).

[To my knowledge, these are the only characters available for this mission. If I missed somebody, please let me know.]

Now, Riou, Nanami, and Flik will take up the first 3 slots in the party. The remaining three would be of your choice. Since in this mission there will be NO BOSS BATTLES but rather large groups of enemies, I would recommend a party that can decimate them quickly, either via multiple physical attacks, unite attacks that target multiple enemies, or multi-target spells. Which means you must choose your party members by the following criteria:

1. For attackers, you need to check their ATK, DEF, TECH, and SPD. Double-Beat Runes are recommended for these people. Double-Strike will be great, too, if you have an extra rune slot and PDEF for it.

2. For those people with high MAG stats, who are usually L-ranged characters, high affinity to Magic Runes with spells that heal allies or attack multiple enemies could help. That means the Lightning Rune is pretty useless for this mission, since you can kill one enemy faster with physical attacks, anyway. So you will only use Fire, Wind, and Darkness runes.

3. For everyone else, well, just place Water or Earth runes on them. If the character sucks in both setups above, you might as well make him/her back-up support. I said so because while the Bright Shield Rune covers much of the healing at this point, you will never know when enough isn't enough.

If the Sindar Ruins quest gives you random party members, then this time around, the Greenhill rescue mission lets you choose your party members.

So let's discuss about the possible party members for the Greenhill rescue mission.

First off, the three permanent members:

Character - Stat Growth (STR/TECH/MAG/SPD/PROT/MDEF/LUCK/HP)

Riou - 06/07/05/06/04/05/07/05
The hero of the game. With his Bright Shield Rune, he can cover much of the needed healing. Because there are no boss battles, it is possible that you will only use Great Blessing for the duration of the mission. Or you can heal your party members using Medicines after a hard battle. He's pretty tough at this point, around 330 HP at level 30 or so, and he's versatile, too. You can either place a Double-Beat Rune to make him a hybrid attacker/healer, or make him a full support character with Earth/Water and Magic Drain Runes, just so you can abuse Great Blessing over and over.

Nanami - 04/06/03/07/04/05/05/03
Riou's older sister. While she's a weaker character than Riou, she makes it up with her insane speed. She's the fastest character you can have at this point in the game. I usually put a Spark rune on her so that everyone in the party will attack after her, making normal battles a lot safer, because most of the enemies are dead before they can even deal decent damage to your party members. And since she's the fastest party member, you might as well make her Riou's back-up support with Water or Earth runes.

Flik - 06/06/06/05/05/04/02/05
This time, you can get to use him after you did with Viktor at the Cave of the Wind. Better stats overall, and pretty versatile, too. Either make him a pure attacker or a hybrid swordsman/mage, it's up to you. But if you plan to do the latter, you will not be able to use the Lightning Rune effectively, since his physical damage is high enough to finish the battle quick. I just stuck magic runes on him since I consider Effect Runes a waste of his high MP.
Last edited by ninjaluc79 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
ninjaluc79

Re: Greenhill Rescue Mission Party Members Discussion

Post by ninjaluc79 »

And now, for the remaining recruits (in order of recruitment):

Mukumuku - 03*2.2/03/02/04/02*2.2/03/03/02
The first animal you can get in the game if you take time to find him in Kyaro. Well, he can only equip the Fire Rune, and it's not that special because he has an E affinity to it, which could pretty much mean disaster for your party if he backfires. Since he's an L-ranged animal, Double-Beat works better for him.
Recommended Position: Attacker

Gengen - 04/05/03/04/04/02/06/04
Teh great Kobold hero... or is he? Well, there's nothing special about him except his high LUCK, which is still pretty vague in this game. Bring him to Greenhill so that the students there will be introduced to a young dog antropomorph, I suppose.
Recommended Position: Back-up support / Attacker

Millie - 02/03/04/04/03/06/07/03
Well, to my knowledge, she is the only character with an A affinity in Fire at this point (the others are Zamza, Nina, and Killey, but you don't get to use them here), but overall she's not that great. Her Groundhog Rune does not guarantee a successful hit, either. Well, just use her to be unique, you know.
Recommended Position: Fire Mage

Kinnison - 04/06/03/05/04/05/05/04
He's only good if his pet Shiro is with him. Otherwise, I'll rate him as an average. Maybe just stick an Earth or Wind Rune on him for a good measure, as he has a B affinity in both elements.
Recommended Position: Attacker / Support

Shiro - 04*2.2/05/03/07/03*2.2/05/05/04
Though a one-slotter animal, his attack is pretty insane, and he can do multiple hits, too. Put a Double-Beat on him, and watch him come alive.

Tuta - 02/03/02/05/01/03/05/00
Tuta? Her? No, I mean, him? Ha ha. Oh, no. Crappy HP, crappy DEF, and a crappy Medicine rune that does nothing but heal injured allies, but he's exactly the first one to go down in a battle. And to think that a crappy character like him as an A affinity in Water, for God's sake! Don't place him in your party if you're not sure you can protect him. Otherwise, just cast Clay Guardian on him if you think a battle will last more than one turn.
Recommended Position: Healer

Eilie - 04/05/04/05/04/05/04/04
Well, you have already used her during the North Window mission. But I'm not stopping you if you want to use her again. I used to set her up as a support mage, until I found out that she actually has a B affinity in Fire! If you intend to use her at Greenhill, do so. You won't be disappointed if you did, trust me.
Recommended Position: Support/Fire Mage

Bolgan - 07/02/01/01/05/03/06/06
Good tank, all right, but he has low TECH so he can't hit often. And has NO FREE RUNE SLOT! His weapon, however, does have a free slot. So maybe place a good Weapon rune here. His Fire Breath rune is kinda useless here, because there is no boss battle. No wonder they say Bolgan plans to study after the war. But I'm thinking of Harmonia because it's nearer to Zexen than Greenhill is.
Recommended Position: Tank

Luc - 00/05/08/06/00/07/00/03
He's the best full-fledged mage you will ever have in this game! And the good news: You can even get him even earlier during the Two River mission! His damage to the Pest Rat was just insane! Though you won't really get to use his most powerful magic here, The Shredding from his Wind Rune can be of great help if you're annoyed with the mobs. Or if you don't want to waste too much MP, just equip Fire and Darkness Runes on him. Fire isn't that bad on him, since he has a B affinity. Or if you like, King's Road from the Blue Gate Rune could do the trick.
Don't expect him to physically attack and not get killed easily, though. So just place him at the back.
Recommended Position: Magician

Chaco - 04/04/03/05/04/06/06/03
Remember the thief in Two River who stole your wallet?
Don't hold out on him, though, because he can be pretty good with the right set-up. Double-Beat Rune would just be fine, even better with a Wing Ornament, due to the high DEF and SPD increase it gives, and it can only be worn by Wingers like him. Take him with you to Greenhill so that his evil "brother" Sid won't torment him for a time.

Gabocha - 03/06/03/05/03/03/06/03
Gengen's number one fan. He's even weaker than him. But before you reject him, think about taking him and Gengen with you for a very small chance to trigger the 100 Kobold Attack. If you don't want to push your luck on this one, what about making him Gengen's support?
Maybe I'll try the two Kobolds out next time.

Meg - 03/05/03/04/03/05/07/03
Juppo's trickster apprentice from the original Suikoden. But this time, she has a robot barrel named Gadget. She comes with Trick and Water runes. The latter could be quite useful, especially on characters you need to keep alive. While she has an E affinity to Water, the Water Rune does not have an attack spell anyway, so it's safe for her to use. Bring Gadget with her for maximum potential, since their unite attack targets all enemies. Otherwise, she's not the sharpest knife in the kitchen.
Recommended Position: Support

Gadget - 04*2.2/05/00/04/07*2.2/04/03/04
Meg's Karakuri-Maru. You can't enhance him any further because it can't equip anything, not even runes. However, it's a good tank, and its Unite Attack with Meg causes it to target all enemies. Not that sweet, but it makes normal battles easier.
Recommended Position: Tank

Wakaba - 05/06/03/06/04/04/06/04+
"Umm.. My master told me to find a strong guy to train meh.. Is there anyone you know who can train me?"
Hero: Then what about me? *draws tonfar*
"Wow! I can really tell that you are strong! Now I can train!"
Hmph. Well, asides from her White Tiger Rune and her taste in veggies, enough said. She and her master LC Chan have 10 times their normal starting HP, but normal HP growth. This explains why Wakaba has very high HP to start with.

Hix - 04/05/03/05/04/04/06/04
A henpecked swordsman from the Warrior's Village. But this guy is a lot stronger than he looks or acts. He has an Exertion rune permanently attached to his weapon, so his attack power increases with each turn. For this, he's one of the best candidates for a Double-Beat Rune at this point in the game. I actually had him in my Greenhill party in my latest playthrough, and so far, he did great.

Tengaar - 03/04/06/05/03/05/05/04
Hix's girlfriend. Because she is descended from the Paladin Klift, she's very skilled in magic. She has the second highest MAG stat at this point of the game, so she could be pretty much set up as a mage, particularly a support mage, because of her B affinity in both Earth and Wind. She, in fact, is one of the few people who will have a Level 4 spell by around level 30.
Recommended Position: Secondary Mage

So basically, just equip them with the best equipment available, and the rune setups for each position is as follows:

Attackers: Double-Beat, Double-Strike, Fury, Friendship, Kindness, Exertion
Offensive Mages: Fire, Wind, Darkness
Supportive Characters: Earth, Water

I have discovered something recently. It is possible that each character who can be involved in the Greenhill rescue mission have different lines, depending on their position, just like the Tinto Escape Quotes and the After Beast Rune Quotes. The lines the characters can get are obtained based on their positions in the party formation, ignoring Riou, Nanami, and Flik's positions.

I don't know if anybody's interested on this, but at one playthrough I used Shiro, Kinnison, and Luc. From what I remember, Luc got most of the lines (all of them 'airy'), Kinnison got some of them, while Shiro didn't. Then on another, I have Hix, Tengaar, and Millie. Hix didn't talk much, only once or twice, I don't remember exactly. Millie had (IMO) great lines ("You're afraid the GHOST will appear again tonight?"), and Tengaar got most of the lines.

I don't remember all the lines, but they include the following:

- The replies to Emilia while enrolling at New Leaf Academy.
- The lines while the party were looking for Flik and Shin.
- The best lines of all: scaring Nanami to death! That's just... EPIC!
- Even more EPIC than that: the lines while they were chasing the 'ghost', and the compliments on Flik for pulling a move off on Fitcher. O_O

I haven't tried an all-male, all-female, Riou-Nanami-Flik-only, or Shiro-Muku-Gadget party for that matter, so maybe I can try it out the next time. Though I think that in the third one, Gadget will do all the talking. Meh.

By far, I saw that Slot 2 gives the character the most lines, while Slot 3 gives the least. I tried to mix up the party formations, and from what I have observed, Millie got (IMO) the best Slot 2 lines I have ever seen, while Tengaar got good Slot 1 and Slot 2 lines. Hix, on the other hand, well, doesn't matter.
Last edited by ninjaluc79 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

Where's Raww when you need him? We could use a character-quotes-during-Greenhill-mission log. I wonder if everyone gets quotes even though only about 10-20 can go? You missed Mukumuku, by the way.

Also, I wonder if you can recruit the other 4 flying squirrels before taking on this mission to take to Greenhill with you.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Haha, missed Mukumuku again. Perhaps I never gave him much thought.

Well, the squirrel squad requires a level 2 castle, which has been already achieved at this point in the game. So why not give it a shot? Not unless you're doing Clive's side quest.
parizta96

Post by parizta96 »

please help me , i get stuck on greenhill quest , I have activated the "have all character" codes , and now , I can't find emilia everywhere at greenhill , can anyone help me pleasee ? :?
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

This why you're not using cheat, simple answer. Deactivate that and not bother until endgame. There's no point to get all characters until you liberate Greenhill and can glitch your game...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

you can use Futch as well,if you recruited him earlier
Pen

Post by Pen »

Hum... if Futch works, and he isn't supposed to be recrutable at that point, I wonder what other characters would work as well that is not avaliable until that point of the game. I wonder if other teenagers like Viki or Tir would be allowed to be part of the quest as well.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Pen wrote:Hum... if Futch works, and he isn't supposed to be recrutable at that point, I wonder what other characters would work as well that is not avaliable until that point of the game. I wonder if other teenagers like Viki or Tir would be allowed to be part of the quest as well.
Maybe yeah...also i wonder if u can use Chuchara as well,since you can use Shiro :lol:

Guess we can ask @Pyriel he might have the script-code,so we can see who are useable in Greenhill mission
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

No, I don't know. There are something like 4 modules for the party change menu, though. One is normal, one is for Luca, and probably one of them is for this phase of the game. There's probably a hard-coded list in it somewhere, if that's the case.
Pen

Post by Pen »

I think some investigation would give us some light on this quest, because I think the requirements are a bit weird for us too draw conclusions.

Hix, for example, is 20 years old, and he is eligible for the quest, while Rina, who is 18 years old, isn't.

Maybe the age doesn't matter, and the person simple most look young like Hix, and by going in this aspect, we could even theorize that Sierra could be eligible as well!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

It'd be funny to have Sierra. I'd like to see her dalogues
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

parizta96 wrote:please help me , i get stuck on greenhill quest , I have activated the "have all character" codes , and now , I can't find emilia everywhere at greenhill , can anyone help me pleasee ? :?
Many people have encountered this because they applied the "recruit all" code too early, and it causes a problem with Emilia not appearing. to fix it, use the Emilia recruit code but set her value to 0000 instead of 0007 (recruited):
Un-recruited Emilia - 3006AE70 0000
Recruit Emila - 3006AE70 0007
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Well, I'm pretty sure PARTYCH2.BIN is responsible for modifying the party at this stage of the game. It looks like it builds it list while firstly limiting the candidates to characters with ordinal numbers lower than 0x4A, which seems sensible, since everyone after that is a non-combatant (convoy only) or a monster. 0x49 is Kasumi, and 0x4A is Rulodia, who would obviously give the game away.

There doesn't appear to be a hard-coded list of character numbers in any case, unless they put them in no particular order. I'll dig into it further sometime later.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I stumbled upon the list used to get the custom dialogue for each character you can have. If you can recruit them, these are the rescuers other than Flik, Nanami, and Riou that Konami wrote lines for.

0x35 Luc
0x13 Eilie
0x36 Chaco
0x05 Sheena
0x07 Hix
0x08 Tengaar
0x09 Futch
0x56 Templeton
0x15 Bolgan
0x16 Tuta
0x18 Millie
0x1A Shiro
0x1C Gengen
0x1D Gabocha
0x2B Ayda
0x30 Mukumuku
0x4B Makumaku
0x4C Mikumiku
0x4D Mekumeku
0x4E Mokumoku
0x29 Meg
0x44 Wakaba

No idea why Templeton gets love. The other four squirrels were just a copy and paste job with maybe some punctuation changes. Also no Kinnison. I don't know if that's an oversight, or if he can't come, or just doesn't have any lines if you bring him. There might just be a catch-all that he falls into too.