[FAQ] American Suikoden 2 to Japanese Suikogaiden Vol.1

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Searching

[FAQ] American Suikoden 2 to Japanese Suikogaiden Vol.1

Post by Searching »

I was wondering has anyone tried transferring game date from American Suikoden 2 to Japanese Suikogaiden Vol. 1? If not has any tried Japanese Suikoden 1 date to transfer to American Suikoden 2 (vice-versa). Or it just simply doesn't work and I will need to buy all suikoden 1, 2, and 3 as japanese titles so I do have the ability to transfer data?

Suikoden 1 ---> Suikoden 2 ---> Suikogaiden Vol.1 ---> Suikogaiden Vol.2
Suikoden 2 ---> Suikoden 3
Lyka

Re: American Suikoden 2 to Japanese Suikogaiden Vol.1

Post by Lyka »

I do not understand @_@
You mean transfering game date or transfering game data.. I just can't get it..
Watch out with my English language! I'm not too much good speaking in English
Searching

Post by Searching »

Lyka wrote:I do not understand @_@
You mean transfering game date or transfering game data.. I just can't get it..
If you have a American Suikoden 2 clear game data with all 108 stars, will you be able to transfer the date to Japanese Suikogaiden Vol. 1?

You know, like how the suikoden series always do -___-. I can't really explain it any simpliar...
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Seeing as you can't transfer Suikoden 2 EU save data to Suikoden 3 which is US, i don't think it's gonna work.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

No, saves aren't compatible.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Searching

Post by Searching »

Thx u so much everyone. I would have seriously been heart broken if I wasn't able to do it.

Now I'll have to sell my suikoden 3, then buy everything from suikoden 1 to 3 in Japanese.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you have a way to transfer the memory card to your PC, i remember someone providing instructions on how to change the region info of a save data.... and another thing you can do is look/ask for a save file. this is one of the best features Codebreaker provides.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KFCrispy wrote:i remember someone providing instructions on how to change the region info of a save data....
Technically you could, but not recommended. If you change a US/EU save file to be read as a Japanese one Suikogaiden will read it but the result is akin to the people that speak gibberish in Suikoden II because the hexvalues for letters don't correspond.

http://www.klueze.com/suiko/dataload.png

That's how it reads the save files provided by Suikosource, Riou is read as き8EK and there's also a discrepancy in that Suikogaiden Vol.2 won't recognize that you have loaded the data when you try to load from your Vol.1 save.

But if one wants to do it anyway there's a program called PSXGameEdit that let's you change the regions of save files if you can get them on your computer, provided you know the product codes. Japanese Suikoden II is SLPM-86168.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.