Gilbert...

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Arlik

Gilbert...

Post by Arlik »

Hello all. This is my first time playing through Suikoden II. Well anyway, right now I am about half way through the game (Right around my first visit to Greenhill) and have just realized something. I went to Richmond and seen the listings for gathering information on certain characters. Gilbert was listed. I had Richmond gather information on him and he says that he hasn't been seen since the battle that took place at the Mercenary Fort. And now that I think about it, his unit was destroyed. But I don't remember it saying about him dying. There was a post on a Suikoden II GameFAQs thread stating that you can recruit him later. Is this possible? Or am I doomed? Hehe, thanks guys.

Arlik
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

You can't recruit Gilbert after the battle outside Muse. So sorry, but you are screwed. But there's always a reason to play the game again.

The key to recruit Gilbert is to damage his unit with 1 sword (then he'd automatically joined Jowston), and not to destroy it with 2 swords. So you got incredibly unlucky when you hit critical against his unit to destroy it.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

From what I remember, Gilbert died / joined you at the first strategy battle involving Muse, not the Merc Fort battles.

But yeah, if you didn't get him to join you in that one battle, there's no possible way to recruit him otherwise. There ARE Codebreaker codes available, but I got in trouble last time for posting them.

Whoever told you he's recruitable otherwise was smoking some bad crack.

Sorry, Red Killey must've posted while I was typing this response.
Feel free to delete this post.
Arlik

Post by Arlik »

Your right, now that I remember I believe it was for the battle of Muse. Ahh, bummer. :( Your right, what better reason fort o play it again. I think I may continue playing it anyway, just to get one of the endings. I am that "perfectionist" gamer where I have to obtain every item from every barrel, or else I will want to start it over, lol. But that's okay, because the way this game is setup, I feel like I have missed a bunch already. Thank you both for the quick replies. :)

Arlik