[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
knight85

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by knight85 »

not to ask a dumb question or anything but why would you want jowy's unit anyway? he doesnt have any abilities to my knowledge
Ranadiel

Post by Ranadiel »

Thanks for the information. Also, Jowy1 adds +2 atk +1 def and Critical.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

i see, i never saw any abilities when i had jowy in the hero's team during the 3 war battles you have him for
Ranadiel

Post by Ranadiel »

The War Units guide on Suikosource's main page has all the information on the available units in game, even the enemy ones. I think it's interesting that almost everyone has death quotes, even the enemy units that are likely shielded from actually dying. Luca Blight, Kiba, Solon Jhee, Seed, Culgan, Leon, Yuber, Rowd - every enemy unit has a death quote. It makes me wonder - can any of them actually die in battle, and if so, how does it affect the plot?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I've gotten "Flik was killed" in one of the early tutorial battles at the Merc Fort (and I couldn't even control him yet). I've gotten "Miklotov was killed" during the first battle in Muse City. Not wounded, both flat out killed. I think the game just ignores it if certain units get the "killed in battle" status.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It doesn't affect the plot. The units are either removed or the battle may end in some cases, but story-required characters can't die permanently and branch the story.
Ranadiel

Post by Ranadiel »

Are there codes to affect the Castle level? Or is the castle's progression based solely on story progression, or star recruitment?
knight85

Post by knight85 »

hey guys. i've started back into this game again on a new game (with suikoden 1 carryover)

and i'm plotting and scheming for some new codes, setting things up so i can keep staff jowy, putting useful runes onto characters (nothing big, just a few fire runes and balance runes for nanami and bolgan in their head slots, mayb a fire rune later for miklotov)

and while i was looking thru this topic searching for the code to get me all the runes on the rune shop inventory an idea occured to me. i could use some of the codes to get some characters. like gilbert, tessai, gordon, the animals and the 2nd gregminister party member.

my question however is. what will happen to the stars of destiny if i cheat to get some characters before i can officially recruit them or cheat to recruit them if i miss them deliberately.

so here's the list of characters i'm gonna cheat for

Valeria- i'm gonna test kasumi in an old save file i have and see what happens if i go to rotaku with my cheated kasumi, but the chances are that i'll just cheat for valeria

Mukumuku- i know i can get him in kyaro but if i do i could be stuck with him in my party when the fort falls
tessai- it didnt take me long to get sick of having to go to other blacksmiths for weapon development when i get the happers all the way thru the game
gordon- crystal balls and ancient texts are hard to come by
gilbert- i wanna have this code on standby just in case i dont manage to injure gilbert during the war battle at muse

stallion- running from 50 battles is a pain in the neck and a waste of time

Abizboah- i only get feather and siegfried so that i can get bob early

and i'm also gonna cheat for some non stars
Rulodia
Makumaku
Mikumiku
Mekumeku
Mokumoku
Chuchara

i dont want to end up glitching myself if i get the characters and end up overwriting others in the stars of destiny. i did that one time when i first discovered the suikoden 2 codes. i thought that the activation codes were required to use the codes on the characters so i used them on viktor to give him some runes and then when it came time for him to join the party officially in south window, i didnt get the notice that viktor had joined the party. i thought something had gone wrong. but if i'm right then viktor had already joined officially when i cheated with him
knight85

Post by knight85 »

hey guys. i was in another part of this forum talking to omnigamer about runes and he mentioned something about using cheats to alter a characters elemental rune affinities.

is that possible?
knight85

Post by knight85 »

are there any codes to alter the level of a characters weapon?
knight85

Post by knight85 »

Ladies and Gentlemen I have just made a wonderous discovery

a while back i found a code on the code twink website that let let you max out a characters weapon level at 99

after finding and testing the code i asked on this forum if the code could be used to LOWER a characters weapon level so that i could get jowy blight in my party at the start of the game without him having his high level kingsword

i got no reply but last week i was thinking that the last 2 digits in the code 63 were an unusual number. then i remembered the digits were hex code. so i ran a test and found that the digits 63 are the hex equivilent of 99. so to day i ran a little test and found that setting the last digits in the code at a lower value will lower the level of the weapon. as a result i can now bask the majesty of TWO black sword rune users throughout my future suikoden 2 adventures

and all i needed to alter the weapon level was these digits

01- level 1
02- level 2
03- level 3
04- level 4
05- level 5
06- level 6
07- level 7
08- level 8
09- level 9
0a- level 10
0b- level 11
0c- level 12
0d- level 13
0e- level 14
0f- level 15
10- level 16

along with this code 3006A3E5 00?? for king jowy's weapon level

and this code 3006AE61 0007 to activate king Jowy

along with this code 3006AE60 0007 to let me keep jowy atredies
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Did you ask about lowering? I think when you asked about "altering" people just assumed you'd go off and google it before coming back to the thread, and discover those codes have been all over the internet since the late nineties.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Pyriel wrote:Richmond Investigations Finish Instantly*
D0161928 F278
8015F28E FEFF

*Should only work when he's in the area outside the castle's infirmary. Requires your castle's level be higher than 2, I think.

Richmond Investigations Finish Instantly
8006AD9E 0CC4

Should work everywhere.
Does this mean ALL investigations are completed instantly or just the one currently running?
knight85

Post by knight85 »

yeah i can see where that would be confusing. sorry
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

@Antimatzist

Current one. It's not an unlock code, you pick who and the investigation level, and he just comes right back. I can't recall if you have to exit the room and return or not. It's pretty easy to tell. If the screen fades out and he's gone, leave and come back. If not, just talk to him again to see the results.