[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by Pyriel »

Actually it's pretty simple, depending on what you're looking to do. The stuff I did for the Suikoden II Bestiary and Chimera led to the identification of almost everything to do with enemies. The trouble is, all of them are stored on any of a hundred files on disc, and there are multiple variations. If you want something like "All Enemies Have 2x HP", that would be in the realm of possibility with a simple code. For anything more specific than that, you'd have to patch the files. Doing it with codes would mean a massive list of 2-line cheats that you have to activate in bunches as you progress through the game.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Pyriel wrote:As far as I can tell, there's no handy menu for equipping a piece of armor you've found to any character. With runes, you can put them on anyone through the "Attach" menu in the Castle Rune Shop, and you can sharpen anybody's weapon with Tessai. The Castle Armory lets you put purchased armor on anyone, but there's an awful lot you can't buy, and equipping those items requires you to add a character to the party to do it. I find that tedious and frustrating. Especially when I just want to get rare items out of storage, without throwing them out or selling them.

Castle Armory Sells All Armor
D01195BC 9540
8010E3AC 0057
D01195BC 9540
8010E3AE 3410
D01195BC 9540
8010E3DC 2021
D01195BC 9540
8010E3DE 0009
D01195BC 9540
8010E39C 015C
D01195BC 9540
8010E39E 3405
D01195BC 9540
8010E3CC 0001
D01195BC 9540
8010E3CE 3404

Now you can just buy as many Master Garbs and Windspun Armors as you wish, and equip them to anyone.

Note: The Castle Item Shop uses the exact same module (140_HONP/HDOUGUYA.BIN). You'll have to turn the code off and visit a shop that doesn't use that module--I just run across to the Blacksmith, go into his menu a little ways, and cancel out--in order to flush the code, if you want to use the Item Shop's inventory. Personally, I don't use it for much, so it's not a big loss.

It's possible to distinguish between when the Item Shop is loading inventory, and when it's the Armory doing it. I mainly made this so I could test other things, but if time permits, and the additional logic doesn't make the code impractically long, it may be improved.
Nice. This is actually very useful, though I don't know how to use them with an emulator. I said it's useful because with this you can practically make a full MDEF party and stock up Water-resistant equipment against the Beast Rune with little to no problems. Sirens in Two River Sewers are just not a practical source of Water Amulets for non-Robe characters, even with the Hunter Rune (which means I can't get a Fortune Rune for power-leveling).

Say, how about making all runes, including the famed Fury/DB/DS combo, available at the Rune Shop?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

for emulators look up 'pec emulation cheater'
knight85

Post by knight85 »

Tallgeese wrote: 3006AE62 0007 (This line enables McDohl, omit if you wish)
3006AE63 0007 (This line enables Millie sans Bonaparte)
D010E8C8 0052
3010E8C8 0054
Tallgeese

I made use of the code to get McDohl. left out the millie -bonaparte code and then after saving with the code on and resetting. Tir was gone from Leona's list.

do i have to use the code to include millie too?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

That code modifies the game's programming to run through more of the characters than it ordinarily would. The last two lines of the code check to see if you're in the Change Party menu, and if you are, it changes a loop to stop after handling 84 characters instead of 82, as it normally would. Since it's part of the programming, the change is not permanent. You may not need the part of the code that recruits Tir at all times (you might, if the game clears it out when loading a save), but the main part of the code isn't something that would be retained by saving.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

got it thanks.

so the code would be useful for me to avoid a long and boring trip to gregminister every time i want to pick tir up when the party is emptied out
doomkilly

Post by doomkilly »

Hi. I would like enquiry about item digits from http://suikosource.com/games/gs2/guides/itemdigits.php can be use in North American version? Because I encounter a lot of items cannot be create successful and crashed my game... =X
The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction not a destination. -- Carl Rogers
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

You can only use item codes like that if you load a game save or something before going into your inventory. The game only loads descriptions and the like for items it thinks it needs. If you modify the inventory after you start playing, the data won't be loaded, and it'll crash as soon as you go into your inventory and try to look at or use the item. There might be other ways to force the game to pull in the data, but reloading is the only universally reliable one I've found.
doomkilly

Post by doomkilly »

owh~ i will try it again, thank you pyriel~~!!
The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction not a destination. -- Carl Rogers
Jahadhmy

Post by Jahadhmy »

Just for help. You can also make The staff weapon jowy powerful by getting golden hammer early at the game and unlock/enable tessai (blacksmith) early after getting the castle. codes follows:
Jowy 1: 3006AE60 0007 (Staff Jowy).
Tessai: 3006AE7E 0007
Golden Hammer: 8006A4AE 0032 (nb: please deposit everything at your warehouse before attemping this. Dont look at the item at the bag after activating the this code because the software will hang, just save the game, then load the game.) Then you are free to look for the item on the bag. another code to get the Golden hammer is by using two codes:
3006A4AE 0032 item modifier
3006A4AF 0000 item quantity modifier. This code is for getting your item at your bag and its slot1( the first item at your bag). Likewise dont look at your bag. Have fun.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

Does anyone know a code for the colored intro?
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Probably.

3006ADC0 006D

I've never really tested it. It may work fine right off, but if you're not willing or able to take a save state, I'd do a few fights just in case. Or better yet, set the code value to 006B just before that sequence, turn it off, and do 2-3 battles.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Color Intro with Joker command:
D0062124 ????
3006AED9 0088
Instructions: Hold joker buttons during ‘X’-mark and jump off cliff scene.
Joker button combinations (replace the ????): 0100 - Select, 000A - R1 + R2

I think you can just tap the buttons because it'll set the battle count and be done.

And now that my knowledge about these codes is a lot better... the 0088 value gives us 136. 006D gives us 109, so you can probably use that.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Richmond Investigations Finish Instantly*
D0161928 F278
8015F28E FEFF

*Should only work when he's in the area outside the castle's infirmary. Requires your castle's level be higher than 2, I think.

Richmond Investigations Finish Instantly
8006AD9E 0CC4

Should work everywhere.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Are there any codes to modify rune spells damage and elemental affinities used?

I had these ideas in mind:

1. Some spells need to be buffed, such as Scolding (Resurrection Rune, from 30 to 60), Thunder Runner (from 100 to 150-200), and Shining Wind (500 to 600-700).
2. Bright Shield should use Riou's Resurrection affinity (B) and Black Sword should use Jowy's Darkness affinity (A) to at least make both affinities useful early game. To account for the change, Shining Light may need to be buffed (from 130 to 150), and Great Blessing (70 to 50), Battle Oath (300 to 250), Flash Judgment (100) and Piercing One (700 to 500) may need to be nerfed.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.