[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Antimatzist

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by Antimatzist »

Is there an unlock code?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I thought there was, but maybe I imagined it, or confused it with an instant completion code that also disappears. Whatever it was, it was made by a guy named platinumshadow.

Anyway, the unlock code could be 2-4 lines long if you have the right kind of device that supports the slide-code, and the addresses are all evenly spaced. Or it could be around 28, 55, or up to about 110 lines depending. It may not have been practical.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ah ok, thanks!
pierrejeanpierre

Post by pierrejeanpierre »

Hi,

I'm playing GS2 for like the 5th time, on my PSP using a PSX an eboot. And despite my reasonable knowledge, I managed to forget that if you don't talk to Clive the second time you're in Muse... we'll you're pretty much fucked. Thing is, I only realized it after coming back from Gregminster, which is slightly later in the game.

So I used cwcheat and it turns out it has codes for every star in the game. So I check the "Clive" code... and there he is, on the stars tablet ! So far so good. Then a few minutes later, I try to put Futch in my party... and realize he's no longer here. Humphrey is, but Futch is gone. Well then, I only have to use the Futch code in cwcheat don't I ? Problem is, when I do the PSP freezes and crashes :(

It's not that I care that much about not getting the best ending, I already saw it a few times. But still... it bothers me. Any ideas on how I could get Futch back (ideas that would NOT imply starting the game over) ? A better code maybe, or a saved game that would be pretty much at the same place ?

Thanks in advance.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Use CWCheat's memory editor and poke the RAM manually would be my suggestion. Or you can try to correct the codes, assuming they're as badly wrong as I think.

If you're using the cheatpops.db that I was able to find for CWCheats, and the code looks something like this:
_C0 Adlai
_L 006AE79 0007
_C0 Futch
_L 006AE19 0007

Whoever set up the file left off the code commands for this game. The first part of these codes should be 8 characters and the first character should be a 3 in POPS/PSX compatibility mode. I have no idea how CWCheat is likely to treat these truncated codes, and my guess is that it fell through into something bizarre. The most generously simple possibility is that it somehow performed a non-aligned 32-bit write. If that's the case, then you should find that Hix and Tengaar have been removed as well, if you have recruited them. Since it crashes when you try to do Futch, I'm guessing that's not what happened, though. Or at least, it didn't use any of the unaligned memory ops to do it.
pierrejeanpierre

Post by pierrejeanpierre »

Hi, and thanks for answering.

The weird thing with the codes is that the one for Clive actually works ! I think it was written as follows:

_C0 Clive
_L 006AE16 0007

Almost identical to the code for Futch... I can't figure out why one works and the other one doesn't. Anyway, and since I couldn't find what "poking the memory" meant, I went for plan B: I just played until the attack on Rockaxe, did as much sidequests as I could, gathered all SoD except for Futch... then I just downloaded a saved game right here on Suikosource, at the same point in the story, but with all SoD recruited. Much easier that way even though it's not really my game anymore.

Thanks anyway !
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

CWCheat allows you to edit the memory through a viewer. Simply accessing a segment of memory to see what it contains is "peeking" and writing a new value is "poking".

When things are screwed up like that, the symptoms introduced can be inconsistent or simply appear inconsistent if you're only looking at it from a high-level, player perspective. You already stated that using the Clive code caused Futch to disappear from your roster of recruits, so it may produce the desired effect in spite of the error, but it clearly has undesirable side effects.

If you want to use the codes in the future, all you have to do is edit them to look like:
_C0 Clive
_L 3006AE16 0007

That's for the recruit codes only. Some of the other codes would need an 8 where that 3 was added, and some of the more complex codes (if there are any) could have D, 5, and so on. The best thing would be to look for a corrected database, but there might not be one.
forestunt123

Post by forestunt123 »

Guys, i would like to request if its possible to reset hai-yo cook-off mini game to the first cook off?

the cook-off is my favorite mini games and i would like the options to replay it many times without having to save and reload.

also, is it possible to make the next cook off come instantly after i exit the kitchen and enter back?

i guess those are the two cheat codes that i hope someone can figure out.

basically i want the cooking mini games as a stand alone game if possible lol.

looking forward to any sifu who can solves this!!
DrkHckr

Post by DrkHckr »

Is there a code that make your characters lvl 98? I've found a level modifier code but the problem is the code also open all the rune slots. All I need is to put them at level 98 so I can use the stat stone trick to max my MP. I forgot that in order to increase MP you should have first 250 magic "before" hitting lvl 99. I forgot that rule and and level up everyone to 99. I have an earlier save but I'm too lazy to restart pls help...XD
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

DrkHckr wrote:Is there a code that make your characters lvl 98?
if you're already using a cheat device, why don't you just set each character's MAG stat to 255 with the cheat device and then level them up using the "massive exp after battle" code? it'll save way more time. you can probably also find codes to manipulate the max number of spell points.

you should be able to manually change anyone's level (it won't change their stats, just the value of their level). i think this is basic stuff found at the codetwink site.
Laoski

Post by Laoski »

DrkHckr wrote:Is there a code that make your characters lvl 98? I've found a level modifier code but the problem is the code also open all the rune slots. All I need is to put them at level 98 so I can use the stat stone trick to max my MP. I forgot that in order to increase MP you should have first 250 magic "before" hitting lvl 99. I forgot that rule and and level up everyone to 99. I have an earlier save but I'm too lazy to restart pls help...XD
Hey DrkHckr what is the level mod code you are using? Thanks :D :D :D
buyung

Post by buyung »

may i request a code, so that in battle, riou is always in unsconcious stats? or any character in pos 1 to be unsconcious? i tried to remove riou from party, but only in 1 battle they run smoothly. then it crashed.
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

If you wan to set everyone to 98, try this.

50005324 0000
30069892 0062

I haven't tested this as I'm not home for a while but from looking at the codetwinks codes, I was able to formulate it.

It _should_ do this:

For 83 times (83 characters) write '98' every 36 bytes in memory.
uberkernel

Post by uberkernel »

Pyriel wrote:Castle Rune Shop Sells All Runes
D010F450 549C
8010F458 019C
D010F450 549C
8010F45A 3405
D010F450 549C
8010F46C 0067
D010F450 549C
8010F46E 3411
D010F450 549C
8010F48C 0002
D010F450 549C
8010F48E 3404
D010F450 549C
8010F49C 2021
D010F450 549C
8010F49E 0010

Uses the same method as the Armory code. Unfortunately, that causes a bunch of dummy entries to appear because of the gaps in the rune list )like between Dryad and Trick, and between the spell runes and weapon-only runes). One fix for this is a rather longer code that adds individual items to the lists. There are 15 list that are all un-duplicated and merged into one inventory when the Rune Shop loads. They start at 0x801169F4, and end at 0x80116A7F. At two bytes per rune, that leaves space for 70 runes. There are 87 runes in the game, but you can exclude Godspeed, Soul Eater, Black Sword, Bright Shield, Trick, Shrike, Falcon, and most other Rune that sell for zero potch, or that are usually only available as permanently affixed runes. Jeane can't attach those, so that gets the list down to something that might fit with a little trimming. It makes the code sort of long, though. A longer code could be made to loop through 1 - 0x67, and exclude certain values, but all of this just makes the code impractically long. Probably the best thing is to use it like this, and just avoid the 0 potch or odd looking entries.

i started playing suikoden 2 cause my friend recommended this game for me. its really good. well my question is. everytime i entered this code in game. im using epsxe emulator to play this. when i load the game. it just freezes. i mean i cant load my game. im using v5 gameshark.
parizta96

Post by parizta96 »

need help , i just get stuck on the greenhill quest , i just activated the "have all characters" code and when I must meet emillia for the first time , I didn't see her anywhere at greenhill , can anyone help me pleasee ?