[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by Pyriel »

I've never investigated Chinchirorin, even though I find it annoying enough to want to cheat past it.

If I'm not mistaken, both of the Chinchirorin modules contain the string "chin_init_sub" near their start, which should be pretty unique. The potential issue is that modules like this can be preloaded in memory or left hanging around. The mere fact that they're there doesn't necessarily mean the game is underway. The variables you're hitting are in the same region as the script pointers, X/Y position, and other global information, and I assume they're handy, preallocated bytes in memory that can be put to any purpose. So, even if you check for the module, you could still be constantly writing a trash value to them before the game has started or after it's ended.

There might be another way to detect it, though it might involve bit flags. Ultimately it would probably be easier to interfere with the modules' code. I'll look into it tomorrow perhaps.
SunomonoSandwich

Post by SunomonoSandwich »

Pyriel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:30 pm I've never investigated Chinchirorin, even though I find it annoying enough to want to cheat past it.

If I'm not mistaken, both of the Chinchirorin modules contain the string "chin_init_sub" near their start, which should be pretty unique. The potential issue is that modules like this can be preloaded in memory or left hanging around. The mere fact that they're there doesn't necessarily mean the game is underway. The variables you're hitting are in the same region as the script pointers, X/Y position, and other global information, and I assume they're handy, preallocated bytes in memory that can be put to any purpose. So, even if you check for the module, you could still be constantly writing a trash value to them before the game has started or after it's ended.

There might be another way to detect it, though it might involve bit flags. Ultimately it would probably be easier to interfere with the modules' code. I'll look into it tomorrow perhaps.

Thank you again Pyriel. I have a ways to go before I get as good as you are at hacking.

I will be trying to look into finding out if I can activate Clive's quest regardless of the game time. Since setting the time back to zero prevents some minor things like the castle suggestion box from working properly. If I find anything I will post and share.

regards.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

here are some mini-game related codes posted at http://nicholaslaiwijaya.blogspot.com/2 ... den-2.html

Chinchinron: Always Roll A 6
80023F62 0006
(only work when you already recruit shilo??)

Chinchinron: Always Score Triple In Dice Game
80023F62 000A
(only work when you already recruit shilo)

Auto-win Whack-a-mole
D0023C4C 0960
80023C4C 008A

Auto-win Karen Dance
D006AF74 4005
8006AF74 5005
SunomonoSandwich

KFCrispy wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:56 am here are some mini-game related codes posted at http://nicholaslaiwijaya.blogspot.com/2 ... den-2.html

Chinchinron: Always Roll A 6
80023F62 0006
(only work when you already recruit shilo??)

Chinchinron: Always Score Triple In Dice Game
80023F62 000A
(only work when you already recruit shilo)

Auto-win Whack-a-mole
D0023C4C 0960
80023C4C 008A

Auto-win Karen Dance
D006AF74 4005
8006AF74 5005
Thank you. I should have mentioned that I got the codes you posted from elsewhere. They are easy to find with google.

The codes I posted are for before recruiting Shilo. Therefore they are different.
Hopefully what I have posted will help, since some people like myself would like to cheat the first three times. They are needed for the story/good ending and can take a long while.

Personal Side note:
Playing chinchinorin after recruiting Shilo would seem masochistic, but I would actually prefer to cheat the other times, and play chinchinorin fairly if I'm trying to make money of Shilo. It would seem like I'm bullying the poor guy.
Dify

Post by Dify »

Is anyone knows code to change statue in 4th floor to nanami statue?
SunomonoSandwich

Dify wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:15 pm Is anyone knows code to change statue in 4th floor to nanami statue?

hello, I saw someone mentioned that on page 8 of this thread.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Nanami should be 80069B18. Probably set the value to 7FFF if you want her up there permanently.

And for future reference, the easy way to get this for any character that hasn't been specified already is to go to the CodeTwink page in the first post, click on any character, find their "Other Slot 3 Quantity Modifier", and add 2 to the address.
SunomonoSandwich

Well after looking over this thread I found that you guys already solved most of the time related issues if the game time is frozen. (suggestion box, rare finds etc)

This might seem trivial but here is my code to allow me to complete Clive's quest while taking my time.

D006AA52 000B
8006AA52 0000

line 1 - Check if game hours = 11
line 2 - set it back to 0

You should be able to keep this code on and the game time will progress like normal. Once you get to 11 hours it will reset back to 0.
11 hours is the time limit for Clive's first part of his sub-quest

It was mentioned elsewhere that you could enable the time freeze code and disable after a save and reload. The above approach might be preferable since you can avoid the hassle of enabling/disabling the code. Also removes other potential issues with game time (I don't know all the stuff that relies on time, so it may not make a difference)
Dify

Post by Dify »

Pyriel wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:27 pm Nanami should be 80069B18. Probably set the value to 7FFF if you want her up there permanently.

And for future reference, the easy way to get this for any character that hasn't been specified already is to go to the CodeTwink page in the first post, click on any character, find their "Other Slot 3 Quantity Modifier", and add 2 to the address.
Thanks a lot ^^ i looove this
SunomonoSandwich

I'm looking for a way to have non recruited characters show up at the castle even without recruiting them.
Even though I don't recruit Valeria, I would still like her to show up at the castle and hang out with Anita.

Is there a way to do this? I don't want to mess with recruitment and screw the codes I have for world battles etc.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

SunomonoSandwich wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:58 pm I'm looking for a way to have non recruited characters show up at the castle even without recruiting them.
Even though I don't recruit Valeria, I would still like her to show up at the castle and hang out with Anita.

Is there a way to do this? I don't want to mess with recruitment and screw the codes I have for world battles etc.
They should show up and you just need to expand the character list. These codes will expand the list if you aren't seeing Valeria or others appear, but you actually shouldn't have to expand the menu for her and the non-star beasts.
D010E8C8 0052
3010E8C8 0054
Dify

Post by Dify »

Is there a way i can see how much my kindness point?
And if i can,can i change it via CE
SunomonoSandwich

KFCrispy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:22 pm
SunomonoSandwich wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:58 pm I'm looking for a way to have non recruited characters show up at the castle even without recruiting them.

They should show up and you just need to expand the character list. These codes will expand the list if you aren't seeing Valeria or others appear, but you actually shouldn't have to expand the menu for her and the non-star beasts.
D010E8C8 0052
3010E8C8 0054
Ah, Thank you. I didn't think it worked that way.
Dify

Post by Dify »

KFCrispy wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:52 am
Dify wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:32 am Is there's a code where att became 999, because kindness rune isnt permanent so i want to have permanent 999 att stats
Without Gameshark codes, you can just KO the character several times to bring the Kindness value negative a bunch of numbers... it's easy to go into random battles with Fire Lizard and let that character suicide several battles in a row to stock up on the number of hours the negative Kindness will last.

But with GS you'd still have to attach the Kindness Rune to the character and figure out the Kindness Value of that character to modify--we don't have that code but perhaps someone like Pyriel can research it one day ;)
Where can i get gs on this,and how i modify it via gs?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Dify wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:09 amWhere can i get gs on this,and how i modify it via gs?
http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/gu ... digits.php