[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by Pyriel »

Well, I never used PSXFin long enough to see if it worked consistently. It just did better with transparency effects and stuff out of the box. Although, part of the reason I dislike it is that if the title cinematic takes off, I have to sit through the entire thing or reset to get it to respond to pad input again. There's probably a setting, but I mainly use that one in short bursts because there's a trace feature.

As to the code, if it's not working despite the module not being replaced, it may be a recompilation issue. I had that problem with a couple of codes on Suikoden, they would work fine if I had them on when the game loaded, but if they were turned on thereafter, nothing, unless I reset. I don't have that problem here when I use PEC, though, so I don't really know.
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

Ha, yeah, I always mash the start and/or x button to get past the cinematic before psxfin gets buggy.

I'll give what you said a try and see if I can get it to work. Although I don't think it'll help the original poster with their psone and gameshark : /
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

Well, I got the code working, but it won't work from startup at least not on ePSXe because it crashes when you go to the loading save. Not sure why it doesn't work on psone though : / Sorry mate

Last edited by Metsu on Wed May 18, 2016 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It doesn't crash on me ever in ePSXe. *shrug*. I don't have any good saves for Suikoden 2 on my memory cards, or I'd give it a whirl. Nothing weird happens when starting a new game or loading a very early-game save with it active, though.

If I work up the initiative, I'll jump through the hoops to get a save transferred to a physical PS1 card (ePSXe memcard file, export to raw data files, transfer to pen drive, find my PS2 card with LaunchElf and the browser app I forget the name of, transfer to PS1 card). It might be faster and less frustrating to just play the game past the Two River events, though.

Edit: Oh, since you asked, the code just changes the amount of memory allocated for a buffer, then putzes with a loop to make it store sequential values instead of a deduplicated list of equipment built from all the visited armor shop inventories.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

There doesn't happen to be an "All Investigations Completed" code, is there? Even with the "Finished Instantly" code it's still driving me crazy.
borjitasstoi

Post by borjitasstoi »

exist code for have all characters in leona? in other words 3 octopus sigfried and feather maybe its impossible 2 jowys but one ¿is possible?
borjitasstoi

Post by borjitasstoi »

Metsu wrote:Well, I got the code working, but it won't work from startup at least not on ePSXe because it crashes when you go to the loading save. Not sure why it doesn't work on psone though : / Sorry mate

and dream robe?
THEHarvest

Post by THEHarvest »

Can anyone help me with spawning in items on ePSXe? I've managed to use codes to set the right times for Clive, and I managed to spawn in a rune before, but I'm trying to spawn in a Fury rune now and every time the game just freezes up. I've tried to spawn it in my Other slot, froze. I tried to put it in inventory slot 1 with an empty inventory and it still froze. I'm kinda at wit's end here. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Probably. The game caches item data when it loads, so it only has data for items that are pre-built into the area (things in chests, or on character and enemies who carry or drop them), and anything already in your inventory. When you update the inventory after the game has loaded, it will always freeze if the item data isn't present.

The easiest way is to only use item codes when you start the game or load a save. There are other ways around it, like not checking your inventory until you've forced the game to load another area, but that's not as reliable.
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

wataru14 wrote:There doesn't happen to be an "All Investigations Completed" code, is there? Even with the "Finished Instantly" code it's still driving me crazy.
I could probably write one. I wrote an app that allowed you to finish all investigations to the save file; Writing the gameshark code would be nearly the same thing with different memory addresses.

I didn't happen to write down the memory address so I'll have to figure it out when I get home.
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

Nevermind, found someone had the start of the code for Flik's investigations so I was able to figure it out

50006C01 0000
3006A93B 0004

This should set all 108 characters to 4 investigations finished. I haven't tested it but maybe I'll get to tonight because I'm actually coming home today.
w2ddle

Post by w2ddle »

thanks Metsu
helpoemer07

Post by helpoemer07 »

Hi. I wanted to get Valeria but still get Rokaku access early on. So I decided to use Gameshark code to get Kasumi. However, after doing this when I go and recruit Valeria, the Chikyu and Tensyo stars in the tablet becomes empty. So I am wondering if there's a way to unrecruit Kasumi before I go and recruit Valeria. Thanks. :)
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Use the same code as you used to recruit her, but change the last couple of positions to 00. Make sure you save after confirming that she's gone, and restart the game with it off. If you leave it on, it'll be impossible to recruit her when the time comes.
Last edited by Pyriel on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
helpoemer07

Post by helpoemer07 »

Pyriel wrote:Use the same code as you used to recruit her, but change the last couple of positions to 00. Make sure you save after confirming that she's gone, and restart the code with it off. If you leave it on, it'll be impossible to recruit her when the time comes.
Hi Pyriel. Thanks. It worked like a charm. At first I thought it wouldn't work as Kasumi was still in my party. So I tried to remove her from my party first then used the code. When I looked into the tavern and tablet, she's no longer there. When I went to get Valeria, she finally appeared in my tablet. Now I finally have Valeria yet still have Sasuke and Mondo recruited.

Thanks a lot. :)