Suikoden 2 Gameshark Experience Modifier Codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
knight85

Re: Suikoden 2 Gameshark Experience Modifier Codes

Post by knight85 »

i tried the quick level gain code but its a condensed code. it's no good for my cheat cd. when i tried to use it the damned thing made the game freeze
Blank9

Post by Blank9 »

I see a lot of people mentioning they would like Suikoden 2 harder. Would it be possible to reverse the experience modifier to receive 50% or say 10% experience instead of more?
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

I'm in no way an expert at these sort of things but my guess would be a no. Although if you manage to catch wataru14 or Pyriel then you might have a better chance of finding out. Maybe give it a day or 2 and if nothing then PM 1 of them! I hope you get your answer!
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, it's certainly possible. I haven't tested it, but this should work.

Reduce Experience
D002E3D4 F809
8002E3F4 1042
D002E3D4 F809
8002E3D6 2402
D002E3D4 F809
8002E3D4 000?

Reciprocal rules. If you set ? to 1, it's x/2, 2 is x/4, 3 is x/8 and so on. It's possible to get the factors finer in both codes—3x, x/3, etc.—it just takes some wedging and additional code lines. I can look into that, if multipliers and divisors in powers of two aren't precise enough.

Edit: Note that the results will be approximate. The minimum experience value is 5, so at half, you'd get 2 (no rounding). If you set it to x/4, you'll get 1, and at x/8 or higher, you get nothing when only 5 experience is earned.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

So if the minimum XP gained is 5 and you put it higher than x/4 then you wont get ANY experience after you hit a certain level in the game, is that correct Pyriel?

It's hard enough to get to Lv99 in L'Renouille as it is without wanting to try and make it any harder!! I mean eventually even the highest levelled enemies there, at Lv56 & 58, only end up giving you 5xp at a time when you get high enough. I can understand the appeal of wanting to make the games harder, but in my opinion, this is only going to make the game take longer! Now if there was a way of increasing the level of the enemies you were fighting, then that would make the game harder. For instance if the first enemies you encountered in the game at the Highland Camp or near Ryube were Lv5,6,7 etc then escaping from Rowd would be harder but in turn I suppose you would level up quicker. I mean I was thinking if the enemies in L'Renouille were Lv78 instead of Lv58 it would be harder, but only until you got up to their level or above. It would be great if there was a code for this but I suppose what I really want is a code to increase all enemies Attack and Defense by a certain percentage like 10 or 20, if that was possible...
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yes, that's correct.

That's the trouble with one-size-fits-all approaches. They're pretty easy to implement, but they lack nuance. By contrast, editing what you gain from every enemy or making them harder would be a fairly major undertaking, but you could tweak everything just so.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

So a standard approach of making all enemies stats 10 or 20% better would be easy enough, but as you said its a one-size-fits-all approach. Whereas I suppose whats is really needed is a better AI. A group of enemies should play the way we do, by keeping the tanks up front and the mages in the back and each should play to their own strengths, and possibly all target the weakest member an so on and so forth. But you're right again Pyriel, an overhaul like that would require a major amount of code to be scrapped/rewritten/added as well as all the subtle changes also needed to make the most of the new AI, like changes to enemy Runes, Skills & Items etc. Oh well, maybe that's something that can be worked on in the future, by someone with not a lot to do, and too much time on their hands!! :)
Blank9

Post by Blank9 »

Pyriel wrote:Yeah, it's certainly possible. I haven't tested it, but this should work.

Reduce Experience
D002E3D4 F809
8002E3F4 1042
D002E3D4 F809
8002E3D6 2402
D002E3D4 F809
8002E3D4 000?

Reciprocal rules. If you set ? to 1, it's x/2, 2 is x/4, 3 is x/8 and so on. It's possible to get the factors finer in both codes—3x, x/3, etc.—it just takes some wedging and additional code lines. I can look into that, if multipliers and divisors in powers of two aren't precise enough.

Edit: Note that the results will be approximate. The minimum experience value is 5, so at half, you'd get 2 (no rounding). If you set it to x/4, you'll get 1, and at x/8 or higher, you get nothing when only 5 experience is earned.
Wow thank you so much Pyriel this is awesome. I will definitely play test this on my next play through and see if it improves the experience. :D