best Long range attackers?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

nuSeed wrote:clive does seem to get a lot of hits. how come you cant get multiple hits on one enemy, sort of like how double beat works? i dont see why its possible to attack 3 different enemies but not attack the same enemy once.
eh... that's just how it works -_-
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

For physical attackers, Clive and Ayda/Kinnison are probably your best bet, since Rina with a Double-Strike is an extremely risky procedure.

However, a lot of the L-ranged characters strength is in magic. Rina's strong with Water, Eilie with Fire, and Tengaar with Earth/Wind. Those three are pretty good too
-M
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Don't forget Meg and Lightning. She rocks the bootypop with that.

As for physical attackers, I think Lo Wen has the highest power out of L-range attackers, but she only has one rune slot. Clive is my favorite. I give him a double-beat rune and an Exertion rune (for boss battles anyway). At level 99, his tech is around 240 so he really kills a lot with those multiple attacks and critical hits.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

highwind44029 wrote:Don't forget Meg and Lightning.
do you mean a lightning rune attached to her weapon? i dont care if she's good with lightning spells, im asking for the best physical attackers.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Well, I just followed up the post before mine saying that most L-range characters are great magic users.

And I already answered your question. Lo Wen has the highest strength out of the L-range characters. Just that her stats aren't that great, and she only has one rune slot.

Clive has the highest skill out of the L-range characters (Shilo as close second), but he also has only one rune slot.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I'm pretty sure Shilo has the highest luck out of the long ranged attackers. this means with a killer he can do some pretty good damage.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Meg has the highest luck out of the long range attackers, although Shilo has higher skill than her.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

you're right, i forgot meg had the highest luck. isn't gabocha's luck pretty high up there as well as his tech?
Lady Chris

Post by Lady Chris »

I use clive with 2 double beat and fury! and 3 fire emblems go go 300 hits at lv 12!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

That is impossible because Clive only gets one open rune slot.
Lady Chris

Post by Lady Chris »

he eoither get 2 or 3 i'm sure!! i promise!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Uhh, no he doesn't. He will never get a second or third slot--not a promise, but a fact.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

If he had two rune slots, then I'd have put him here already.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

Here's my opinion on some of the best long ranged fighters:

Eilie - This might possibly be personal preference. However, two free rune slots, a free weapon slot and all armor slots free isn't too shabby. None of her stats are all that high, but she isn't lacking in anything either. Basically, her stats are quite average. Suggested equipment is the Wind Hat, Winged Boots and Power Gloves x2.

Rina - What makes her one of the best has been stated already. The three free rune slots really contribute to this. Suggested equipment, probably the same as what Eilie is equipped with. I wouldn't bother much with magic runes, since her affinities are very average.

Kinnison - The same benefits as Eilie, except his technique is rather high. He can also equip the Master Garb, which is possibly the best piece of armor for pure damage dealers. Suggested equipment for Kinnison is once again, the Wind Hat, Winged Boots and Power Gloves x2.

When it comes to any damage dealer, strength and speed should be the number one concern, unless their technique is on the low side. Swapping one Power Gloves / Winged Boots for a Skill Ring might fix that. If you didn't know already, speed is responsible for characters attacking multiple enemies per turn. The higher the speed, the better the chance they have of accomplishing this.
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

It's surprising no one has mentioned Mukumuku yet. o.o; I favor him over all other long range attackers due to not having to upgrade his weapons or armor and he criticals often.