After the beast rune...

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Soul Eater

After the beast rune...

Post by Soul Eater »

I've hard several events be referred to as happening 'after the beast rune', such as getting the hunter tune from kyaro, or some items in Sajah. I fought the beast rune boss and straight afterwards I saved the game in the castle. Flik and Viktor were downstairs (near where luc stands) and there was a short scene where they basically let the hero leave. Now Leona is not in the inn, so I can't add anyone to my party. If I go to Fight Jowy, that ends the game. If I go to the meeting room it either ends the game or leaves things the same, depending on what options I choose. Basically I thought you could contine playing as usual after fighting the beast rune (adding people to your party etc), and I saved as soon as possible afterwards, but now it seems like I've reached a dead end in the game.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Nah, you can't add more people other than those who you haven't recruited if any, but even so, only those who would immediately join the party instead of just going to the castle. Other than the SoDs, you could also still do the McDohl sidequest and recruit him. Same goes to the squirrels.

And the Sajah Rune shop and the treasures in Kyaro tree are just for those who wanted to see what they are like. Not meant to be for gameplay in the story because the story ended already.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Damn, I spent hours leveling up and using sones on my party, and had them all sorted, used them throughout L'renouille and that's it? Oh well...
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

There are chars. that go straight to the castle at once when recruited, right? I wonder where they'll go if you recruited them after the beast rune.And if there is an option for you to let them join your current party or send them to the castle, I wonder if there is a change of dialogues or somethin' if you choosed the latter.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

i remember in a thread a while ago, or maybe it was a guide, that said rina is the best person to use with the hunter rune. but - if you cant add anyone to your party after defeating the beast rune, then how can you use the hunter rune with rina?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Blinking Mirror

Post by Blinking Mirror »

You can receive a hunter crystal from the Guardian Deity.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there is no point to the Hunter Rune and many things after defeating the Beast Rune since gameplay options are so limited.