Rikimaru's crazy Hps?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
kenshindono

Rikimaru's crazy Hps?

Post by kenshindono »

hmm i was looking through the characters i used in my last playthrough and noticed something strange. My rikimaru had 999 hps and wasn't lvl 99. My highest character was like 63, and i think Rikimaru was 58 or so.

I didn't use the stone boosting trick because i didn't know about it then. I was just wondering what the deal is with that. I dont think thats suposed to be possible by that lvl by looking at his stat growth, is it? Im wondering if i hit some bug with him and didn't even realize it
ninjaluc79

Re: Rikimaru's crazy Hps?

Post by ninjaluc79 »

If you could notice Rikimaru's HP growth per level from the guides, he has:

Lv. 1 - 30 HP
Lv. 2-19 - 13-15 HP
Lv. 20-59 - 13-14 HP
Lv. 60-99 - 4-6 HP

On the average growth values of 14 HP and 13.5 HP per level at Lv 1-19 and Lv 20-59, respectively, Rikimaru will get at Level 60:
30 + 14*18 + 13.5*40 = 822 HP

So it's not a bug, as you can see. Rikimaru is intended to have sky-high HP. Might as well make him a tank or something.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Silfan

Post by Silfan »

Well, ninjaluc, it IS a bug if Rikimaru has 999 hp at around lvl 60.
Assuming his Rikimaru has the same level as highest level character(63), he should have maximum of
30 + 15*(19-1) + 14*(59-19) + 6*(63-59) = 884 hp.
Even your calculation showed how impossible it is.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

HP increasing items?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I don't remember seeing an HP increasing item in any of the Suikodens.

You should know that I am only using average values, not maximum values, since it is not yet determined whether S2 and S3 have similar stat growths or not. This has been speculated in this forum:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =9&t=10487

However, unlike Suikoden 1, Suikoden 2 does not break the HP limit of 999, which means Rikimaru can have an actual maximum of more than 999 HP.

Then in this case, it's one of three things:

1. IT IS A BUG, as silfan said;
2. kenshindono was so lucky that he got Rikimaru at 999 HP that early; or
3. Rikimaru wasn't Level 50~60+ in kenshin's file. He might be even higher.

Anyways, I'm going to try out my recent playthrough to see whether Rikimaru could reach 999 HP at Level 6x, otherwise, it's a bug on Kenshin's file. Well, yeah, Rikimaru should not have 999 HP at Level 58 or 63 yet. I wasn't even reading. Meh. T_T
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

ya i did look at the guide and it just didn't add up for him to have hps like that at the lvl he was. I loaded it back up to double check and he was even LOWER lvl than i thought. He was only lvl 50. I took a picture of the TV screen and attached it

Like i said i didn't use any of the stone tricks because when i played this i didn't even know about them. And as someone pointed out i dont think there is one for HP's

still if it was a bug thats a very strange one. I couldn't check his gear since the saves at the end and i cant assemble a party, but i cant think of any gear that would do that either
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the only thing i'm aware of that modifies HP is a cheat device. i don't think we've ever seen any HP anomalies from a normal game.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

hmm.. well i certainly never used a cheat device. I never owned gamesharks, or hacking devices before. I also didn't use any tricks since i was unaware of them when playing last time. He just got to that hp lvl somehow on his own. Like i said i cant check his gear, but theres no item or rune that bumps your HP's to crazy lvls like that is there?

Im really wondering what the heck happened. If no one can think of anything then i must have hit some glitch at some point. I just really wish i can remember when his hps got so high. I just remember thinking 'damn this guy can take a beating' when i played it =P
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

I think the real crime here is that Rikimaru has a gale rune on.

Haha, I couldn't help myself.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

But the Gale Rune increases SPD, not HP. I don't remember any HP-modifying items or runes in Suikoden 2, unless the Gale Rune is bugged. In my case, it isn't. The Gale Rune still increases SPD. And my Rikimaru worked just as fine, around 700 HP at Level 50.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

take it easy, mpieco was just joking, pointing out how futile it is to try to boost Humphrey's speed...
Silfan

Post by Silfan »

KFCrispy wrote:take it easy, mpieco was just joking, pointing out how futile it is to try to boost Humphrey's speed...
did you mean Rikimaru?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

sure
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

KFCrispy wrote:take it easy, mpieco was just joking, pointing out how futile it is to try to boost Rikimaru's speed...
quoted for truth. apparently the joke went over your head. I was just jokingly pointing out that while everyone is focused on the glitched HP the REAL thing people should be focused on is the gale rune on Rikimaru, as it is completely worthless.

Oh well, I'll try harder next time for my joke.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Haha. I didn't know it was a joke. It was so subtle.