Extra Eilie/Rina Scene?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Extra Eilie/Rina Scene?

Post by wataru14 »

While parsing through the text dump I found this scene I've never seen before. The attributions might be wrong since the text dump doesn't indicate who is saying a particular line.

EILIE: Say, is that you, [HERO]? What happened? I thought you went to sleep?
RINA: Maybe someone's wish came true, eh?
EILIE: Sis! What do you mean by that!!!
RINA: Hey, [HERO]! It's been a long time since we had a good long talk.
EILIE: Yeah, lately it's been nothing but fighting. It feels like so long ago that I first met you and Jowy.
RINA: [HERO]... Is it going to be... hard for you to fight against Jowy?

CHOICE
"........"
EILIE: ...I'm sorry. [HERO] is the leader of the [ARMY] Army... Jowy is a general in the Highland Army... But you shouldn't let that cloud your judgement, I think.

CHOICE
"...Jowy betrayed all of us."
EILIE: I don't know.... [HERO] is the leader of the [ARMY] Army... Jowy is a general in the Highland Army... But you shouldn't let that cloud your judgement, I think.

BOLGAN: I like [HERO] and I like Jowy, too.
RINA: Ho ho. I feel the same. I'll never forget the fun I had when I was travelling with you two.
EILIE: Yeah... travelling performers like us are strangers everywhere we go. When we were with you, we felt for a brief time like we were truly your "companions."
RINA: [HERO]... you've become quite a man. At first I wasn't sure you'd make it, but you've really grown up...
EILIE: Aaaahh... [HERO], shouldn't we be getting to sleep soon? You're tired, aren't you?
RINA: Well, in that case you can sleep with me...
EILIE: Sis!!!!!!
RINA: It's just a joke. Don't worry, I won't steal him away.
EILIE: SIS!!!!!!!!!
RINA: Ha ha ha ha ha.

Any idea where this scene could be? Based on the things said, it seems to be at night, before Jowy becomes king of Highland. Possibly after Greenhill since that's when you find out Jowy is a Highland general. That would place it around Matilda and the Toran Republic sequence? But I can't think of any times where you can wander the castle in those circumstances. And the Circus Trio tends to hang out outside, which you can't access at night. Anyone gotten this scene before?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Extra Eilie/Rina Scene?

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It's one of those scenes that happen when you can walk around at night, but you're limited to... 2? per night and some are difficult to avoid unless you take the elevator directly to the spot you need to be and some are only available on a specific night or need a previous one to trigger.

This particular one takes place in the hall where the Tablet of Promise is.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Which night? Based on what you've said, I'm guessing it's before the Ridley Ambush battle? The scenes you can choose to see are

- Nanami and Pilika outside your room
- Flik and Nina 1 on the roof
- Shu in his room

If you're limited to 2, that's probably why I've never seen it (or the Shu sequence for that matter), since Nanami is right there and the roof is right outside your door.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Yeah, that's the one. Take the elevator down instead of talking to Nanami and you'll find them.

They'll also be there for another scene at a later night where Eilie is conflicted about going back on the road because it means leaving Riou behind.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
TheyCallMeStacy

Post by TheyCallMeStacy »

Haha nice, this dialogue is really fun! Definitely fleshes out the circus trio more. I wonder how it was translated, since it definitely involves humor and innuendo that may have been tricky to translate.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:08 pm Yeah, that's the one. Take the elevator down instead of talking to Nanami and you'll find them.

They'll also be there for another scene at a later night where Eilie is conflicted about going back on the road because it means leaving Riou behind.
Yeah, that one is part of the Liberation of Greenhill dance party a-go-go. There are a bunch of scenes there.

- Flik and Nina 2
- Chaco on the stairs
- Circus Trio in the Great Hall
- Gengen and Gabocha near the vault
- Tsai and Tomo near the exit
- Leona in the tavern
- Freed and Yoshino in the inn (which sets up for Sanae)