[Guide] MISSABLE list (Characters & Items)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
gradeAbra

Re: MISSABLE list (Characters & Items)

Post by gradeAbra »

How much Hp does your McDohl has at lv99?
Grade"A"Brassiere
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

Sindar ruins items are not missable. Where ever you used your plate first, the other door will at be open by at least half a door. So you can still go in and take the item. I've never missed them even though I didn't put the plates for the treasures first.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

weird_name_lah wrote:Sindar ruins items are not missable. Where ever you used your plate first, the other door will at be open by at least half a door. So you can still go in and take the item. I've never missed them even though I didn't put the plates for the treasures first.

Yeah i think you are right about this this. I remember still able to get it after the event.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I've looked into this matter, and it seems to be right. Therefore I removed Old Book Vol. 2 and Magic Drain Rune from the list.

Thanks.

Then again, I noticed all the enemies in the Sindar ruins will be gone by the time of your return. That makes the Fire Lizard Rune unique for you, if you didn't loot them of Salamander on your first visit.
Zeikcied

Post by Zeikcied »

He isn't exactly "missable," but I remember finding out that if you reject Jess' offer to join, that he'll leave and won't come back. I think he takes Hauser with him, but I don't know if he's gone for good as well. I haven't played this game in over seven years, and I'm going by memory alone, so I could be wrong about Hauser. I'm pretty sure Jess is a one time thing. I don't think he shows up anywhere else.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

The descriptions for Recipe 12 and 34 are correct, but there is ONE thing missing:

Recipe 34 WILL NOT drop if you have Recipe 12, regardless of whether you have Recipe 12 in your inventory, warehouse or given to Hai-Yo.

Simply put, Recipe 34 MUST BE ACQUIRED FIRST.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Occam Arkitect wrote:The descriptions for Recipe 12 and 34 are correct, but there is ONE thing missing:

Recipe 34 WILL NOT drop if you have Recipe 12, regardless of whether you have Recipe 12 in your inventory, warehouse or given to Hai-Yo.

You could be right about this. As far as I remember, I got Recipe #34 first the last time I aimed for a perfect file. I will add this.

However, what about Recipe #12 then? Is it missable at all or will it drop only if #34 is still in your inventory?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

this is probably better discussed in the Recipe #34 thread (unfortunately it's now very messy but i'd just use silvosforever's info quoted in the second post http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=229), but it could be a programming thing like getting Recipe #12 marks #34 as received and not #12 itself, which explains why you can keep getting Recipe #12 drops.
please note that there is another idea that you can't get past a certain part of the cooking mini-game (again, read silvosforever's info).
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Silver Shield can be won at the Rope Climbing Game infinite times, so I removed that.
kidisnice

Post by kidisnice »

Occam Arkitect wrote:The descriptions for Recipe 12 and 34 are correct, but there is ONE thing missing:

incorrect, I got Recipe 34 AFTER getting Recipe 12. Please do not post incorrect information. You just can't store Recipe 12 or give it to Hai-Yo
King Krimson

Re: [Guide] MISSABLE list (Characters & Items)

Post by King Krimson »

Edit: I only just noticed Ayda was under the list of Feather so yeah.. ^^''
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1542/banner2bq6.gif

Luc - "then your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around a giant cell with an invisible leash around your neck"
Ohooh

Post by Ohooh »

CelesDestiny wrote: Then again, I noticed all the enemies in the Sindar ruins will be gone by the time of your return. That makes the Fire Lizard Rune unique for you, if you didn't loot them of Salamander on your first visit.
is this true? i encountered the same thing when i returned to Sindar for more fire lizard rune...not even one battle...hope you confirm this
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Question: Is Templeton missable AFTER Jowy betrayed Muse?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Bakuri

Post by Bakuri »

Templeton is still available. Just make sure you go through Radat town to get back in to the Merc fort. I believe Nanami even mentions Templeton when you are running away from Muse. She says about going to Coronet and taking a boat to Kuskus and mentions that a cute mapmaker told her about it. (I am assuming she means Templeton, but I could be wrong)
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Yeah, right. I have recruited him already before I get the circus trio to South Window. Just got a guide now so I won't miss any recruits. I'm going for "complete characters" in my new file.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.