[Guide] MISSABLE list (Characters & Items)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Runemaster

Re: MISSABLE list (Characters & Items)

Post by Runemaster »

Mio wrote:what about the Darkness Rune in Neclord's castle?

i'm not sure, just trying to help
It's missable but you can get more of it later at South Window and HQ.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Yeah, Maximilian is missable. If you refuse his offer, he leaves and you won't get a second chance. Hard to miss, but maybe I should add this.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

okay so what about Mukumuku??

you can get him again end-game but it'll be way past the Rockaxe liberation mark
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

I think you can still recruit him if you walk alone at the path between greenhill and Muse city.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Yep, there are two ways to recruit him.

First is the one at Kyaro.

Second is wandering around Muse-Greenhill like how the other squirrels are recruited.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Its cool you added the limiteds, but its hard to remember how to get them. Any chance of you adding that?
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Actually there is no way one can attain a perfect file for this game. Because certain item like Dragon Incense and Phero Rune are only available through the Guardian Deity event. Normally i choose the Prosperity and Fortune Rune combination. Because the Fortune rune is required for power leveling. Without it, you will have a hard time maxing character Lv.
As for the 3 vases in Nanami house you can only choose 1. So you can't have all. Usually i pick the Large Vase because you can only see the large vase in Nanami house, its rarer. As for the Famous vase, you can see it anywhere in most places. Nanami Vase is too worthless in my opinion.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I prementioned both circumstances - the guardian deity and the 3 urns - already. And yeah, it's always a matter of opinion how you define your "perfect file" when you have to choose between some things and characters and your storehouse is limited. In the strict sense of the definition "perfect" you could easily state that you have to go for max HP and stats for every character and all of his level-ups, that is obviously insane. Someone may claim that you have to achieve the colored intro in a perfect run which is, on the other hand, a thing you cannot prove at a later time. And someone else takes delight in a "perfect file" if it's all clear from the start, so you could do all or nothing in a new game =)

I believe most gamers who aspires for perfect files are looking for fundamental objects like max levels, all items and all sidequests revealed. In S2 there exists a lot of these things you can go for, but it's all up to you what you call perfect, since this term is hardly ever really fulfilled.

Speaking of my point of view, I achieved so far: all chars lv 99 (incl Nanami), a few mages maxed out MP, equipment and runes for everyone (missing a few perfect set-ups due to very rare drops), all weapons maxed, Clive quest finished, all collectibles (books, recipes, sets, ...), at least one of each rune, all items listed as "limited" stored and all of Richmond's secrets unrevealed.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I believe Iron Boots can be dropped by a monster.

checked the bestiary and i was wrong... Highlands (spear) drop it in the Greenhill Path.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Celes how did you powerlevel high level characters like ,Georg, Persmerga, Mazus and Genshu? They join you at very high level. Unless you start killing Riou when he reaches lv30+?

Secondly do you mean you had acquire all the "Limited quantities" you listed here?
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

It was quite a task to get all items and drops in time while doing the Clive quest alongside. I didn't care about a low level game for Riou for that reason, and in fact that Genshu joins at a level above the level boost trick no matter what, so I played with one group I had to level up the hard way, with the fortune rune always on the lowest member, while looking for antiques and equipment. The actual level building for these chars was merely an addition.

Yes, I collected all the items that are limited. If they are not in good use, I stored them solely.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Can you tell me how did you get Phero, Prosperity, Fortune Rune and Dragon Incense.. all? These are all Guardian Deity item. There is no way to get all of them obviously.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Of course, I collected all items which you can get in one file. In term of the guardian deity I chose Prosperity/Fortune.

Added the sources of the limited items.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

By the way do you know how to manipulate the Stats growth during leveling up? From lv59 to 99 your HP growth is only 4-6 but i always gain 4(minimum) and not 6(maximum). What determine the stats growth.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I don't know how it works exactly. But characters who are predestinated for plenty of HP will gain the superior increase value more likely, so it's not completely random. Aside from that, I have no idea. Resetting does the trick, normally.