WTF moments of Suikoden II

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Azadi

Re: WTF moments of Suikoden II

Post by Azadi »

So I'm doing a playthrough for the millionth time.. And here is my WTF moment of the day: All the rare finds in every shop is grayed out. No rare finds. Anywhere. It's making me mad cuz I've been trying to collect the Pizza recipe since Highland invaded Greenhill. Now it's been liberated and I'm about to liberate Rockaxe. I check the stupid store all the time and they're always out of rare finds. SO FRUSTRATING!! I think they change every half hour or so.. But I'm not too sure how it works. I always check after I've been fighting awhile, gone up a level, or the storyline moves ahead.

It's more annoying than farming up those double-beat runes. I don't know how many hours I spent farming those and only got one.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Did I mention:

There are a lot of times where some punk kid would ask me if I wanted in on a secret for 100 potch...I'd pay the bloke his money and he'd feed me a bunch of symbols.
Now, when I first played it I was like "WTF!?!?!?!?" it actually freaked me out...it was like 2am when I saw it, so I got scared and thought my eyes were going on david lynch.

Now, I know that it's a translation error...that maybe they forgot to translate those parts. I'm guessing that it was Suikoden II's way of implementing the rumor system for trading since they were only found in towns known for trading. ...but that was a real "WTF" moment.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Azadi

Post by Azadi »

That happened to me once. I yelled at the TV "YOU RIPPED ME OFF!"""

Hahaha!
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Not nearly as bad as the things the Zombie says in Suikoden 1 tho, and he wants even larger sums of money! Luckilly, you get it back but still... What would a zombie do with money anyway!
avenger

Post by avenger »

uses it to clean himself?
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

Was playing Suikoden II earlier, as i've been powering through it again, and i'm really starting to get really frickin' angry that the Rose Brooch won't appear in the Banner Rare Finds for me to recruit Simone..! All I keep getting is Full Plates... I DON'T WANT FULL PLATES!!!!!
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Some friend of me is playing the NTSC-PSX-Version of Suikoden II on the PSP and he tells me that it is all glitchy.. In the Mercenary Fortress, he can suddenly switch Kahn on Lvl 1 in his Party, which is, well... strange^^
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

Antimatzist wrote:Some friend of me is playing the NTSC-PSX-Version of Suikoden II on the PSP and he tells me that it is all glitchy.. In the Mercenary Fortress, he can suddenly switch Kahn on Lvl 1 in his Party, which is, well... strange^^
Do you know if he actually trigger it somehow...... or he just made a new game and this glitch happen(sound like iso/memory corruption).
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

BadPotato wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:Some friend of me is playing the NTSC-PSX-Version of Suikoden II on the PSP and he tells me that it is all glitchy.. In the Mercenary Fortress, he can suddenly switch Kahn on Lvl 1 in his Party, which is, well... strange^^
Do you know if he actually trigger it somehow...... or he just made a new game and this glitch happen(sound like iso/memory corruption).
I think the glitch just happened to him.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Y
Destiny's Warrior wrote:Was playing Suikoden II earlier, as i've been powering through it again, and i'm really starting to get really frickin' angry that the Rose Brooch won't appear in the Banner Rare Finds for me to recruit Simone..! All I keep getting is Full Plates... I DON'T WANT FULL PLATES!!!!!

You know you can win them in the climbing game.
MAD 01-08-2004
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

When you go to the "conference" in muse with teresa to meet jowy, the avatars are switched which kinda makes the scene make much less sense...
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I remember just before you go to Tinto, when the youngest lampdragon bandit arrives at your castle, that there was a lot of dialog that didnt add up. I cant remember the text but i was defenetely confused enough to write it off as a mistranslation.

My first Suikoden WTF moment was when you first meet Futch and ride on Black to Leknaats island. Everyone climbs into the basket attacted to Blacks back and then they take off after the dragon makes a noise of an elephant? Then in the next scene there isnt even a basket now and theres nobody even riding on Black at all. Im all up for using my imagination in these games but this is ridiculous. How long would it have taken? Even just the basket would have done the job, everyone could be crouching down to avoid the wind or something...

EDIT: Damn i didnt see that this was in the Suikoden II section.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Aldo wrote:When you go to the "conference" in muse with teresa to meet jowy, the avatars are switched which kinda makes the scene make much less sense...
They're not switched, the lines are simply poorly translated.

Not only can you use avatars to tell who's talking, the text box will originate from the speaking character as well.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Hirathien wrote:
Azadi wrote:My WTF moment was when Rina takes that captain to the side at North Sparrow Pass and he comes back all nervous and stuff. I can only imagine what she was doing.. Lool
Haha, same thing here about Rina, i was only 14 or something at the time so ofcourse, i had naughty thoughts about it.
I was like 11 or 12 when I first played that part. I already knew enough back then, but still, my reaction was pretty much the same as Jowy's. :lol:

And yeah, at the conference, I think Teresa was supposed to say that she doesn't think they can refuse Jowy's "offer" of Riou surrendering since there are arrows already pointed at them.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

highwind44029 wrote:
Hirathien wrote:
Azadi wrote:My WTF moment was when Rina takes that captain to the side at North Sparrow Pass and he comes back all nervous and stuff. I can only imagine what she was doing.. Lool
Haha, same thing here about Rina, i was only 14 or something at the time so ofcourse, i had naughty thoughts about it.
I was like 11 or 12 when I first played that part. I already knew enough back then, but still, my reaction was pretty much the same as Jowy's. :lol:

And yeah, at the conference, I think Teresa was supposed to say that she doesn't think they can refuse Jowy's "offer" of Riou surrendering since there are arrows already pointed at them.
Well, I was 9 when I first played S2, and I remember some guys I used to play the game with (I used to play S2 in this shop that lets you play playstation. The other two dudes were 20-ish) staring at me, trying to see if I would react. I didnt understand what was happening at the time. =P
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."