[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Dify

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by Dify »

Pyriel wrote: No. Those things aren't fixed properties that are easily changed. Characters tend to hang out on different maps over the course of the game, and each map has scripting that relies on the state of different in-game events that will "spawn" the characters in those locations. It's not impossible to modify the game to put people in different places, and remove them from the original location, but codes for it would be prohibitively long at best.
I see,idk because my tavern is need flike instead of nina and it looks complete,but thanks man
Dify

Post by Dify »

Idk if im the only one experience this but there's a bug where nanami is completely missing from the castle,i look around everywhere but didn't found her,and she pops up again either when you teleport somewhere or get out from your castle
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Are there ways to add destinations to the teleport locations such as Gregminster?
How about a code to enable the Blinking Mirror from anywhere--towns, dungeons...
dune

Post by dune »

Hi all,

I hope you are having a good day. I have a request that hopefully someone will be able to help me with. I'll be posting here in this thread and if in a few days no one has replied I'll try opening a separate topic.

Can someone maybe (help me) locate the lines/code needed to change the castle background music from 'A Bustling Town' back to the original more calm one (I don't know the name)? I prefer the music that plays when your castle is smaller over the tune that plays when your castle has grown; it's too high in energy and gets on my nerves a bit.

I'm assuming something like this can be quite easily done through Gameshark as a toggable cheat - correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance!
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

Does anyone have any gameshark codes for Suikoden 2 (JP) Demo? Particularly codes like Talisman trick to other towns/dungeons, codes to insert runes onto Riou, codes to get Riou to a high level to be able to use said runes, and disable enemy encounters.

Looking at the game files a lot of towns/dungeons are not there but I managed to get to Kyaro Town and it was somewhat playable albeit some missing assets. Ryube Forest is also there but only for one area before crashing. I don't mind brute forcing each location until something hit. Some areas are complete but enemy encounters will crash the game.

There's also the weird file in movies titled M_EAT that is actually the rock crumbling animation found in the finished product but never seen ingame. This lead me to believe it might belong to the Earth Rune. It does explain why in the demo version there's no such rune even if you could combine the rest.
frozenfan843

Post by frozenfan843 »

hey um...not sure if this is the right channel to ask this but...is there any war codes for Ayda's unit for earlier war battles like Major Battle 7 (I.E. the "Save Ridley!" battle)? i know you can get her as soon as you recruit Kiba and Klaus...and i think there's a few others you can nab as well before certain major battles, like Max, Georg or Mazus. though apparently their respective unit codes are only listed for the last two-three major battles.

i came across a few on gshi's site. but they're just labeled as "ATK Mod" or "DEF Mod" and they don't seem to work. also, i'm wondering if i use the "Have All Recipes" code, will it screw me over when i beat other chefs or acquire recipes from shops, NPC's or enemy drops?

again, apologies if this isn't the right place. .-.
you stole an Everlasting Gobstopper, GOOD DAY SIR!
Pesmerga_Marush

Post by Pesmerga_Marush »

Does anyone have any gameshark codes for ALL Hai Yo's Max Infinite Ingredients to cook??

Theese Codes are lacking Shrimp and Salmon
8016E8F0 0909
8016E8F2 0909
8016E8F4 0909
8016E8F6 0909
8016E8F8 0909

can anyone maybe twitch those code or add some so that shrimp and salmon maxed out?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

There are 12 ingredients and 10 values there. I would try adding 8016E8FA 0909 to the bottom and see if that adds them.
Ragequittz

Post by Ragequittz »

So i have been playing this game again using alot of the codes you people have provided in this forum, but i have come across something pretty disheartening.
The Tentai star (which i believe to be Siegfried) does not show up in the tablet. I used game shark to activate Abizboah and Rulodia and later Siegfried. Is there a way to get him to show up on the tablet as i believe that i wont be able to get the best ending without him.

Thanks

/EDIT
So i've experimented a bit with the codes, i tried adding the character through enable character on the codetwin page and had no luck, instead i used 0000 in the end instead of 0007 and he disappeared from leonas. For safety i removed abizboah and rulodia just to not mess it up and went and recruited him manually and he actually appeared. I recruited him and now he's on the tablet aswell.
This might be helpful for the person who had accidentally recruited Emilia before going to greenhill via gameshark.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Yeah, you shouldn't use recruit codes to add the characters you didn't choose until after you've made the choice. I had system issues adding Valeria before Gregminster. Once you've made the choice, it's safe to add them. The monsters are a similar situation.
Matroska

Post by Matroska »

Hi. Just joined up after using this site on and off for years. I was looking for codes to re-do the cook-off game because it's pretty fun, and I saw some earlier in this thread. The person that posted, Metsu, said he wasn't sure about the codes and he's still trying to figure them out. The original post is here. I didn't see a further post about it so do those codes work okay without causing other issues?

Also, the reason I started looking for codes for Suikoden II in the first place was to remove the time limit element from Clive's quests. The code posted earlier was one that made the time roll back to zero after hitting eleven hours. What I've used is "8006AA52 0000" which simply stops the hour going above zero, so no matter how long you play it's always zero hours and X minutes. Could that cause any problems with other parts of the game, though?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

In my experience, it doesn't cause any issues. As long as you let it run for more than 30 minutes so Rare Finds and cookoffs can reset normally.
Matroska

Post by Matroska »

wataru14 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:07 pm In my experience, it doesn't cause any issues. As long as you let it run for more than 30 minutes so Rare Finds and cookoffs can reset normally.
I found that it seemed to interfere with the suggestion box. After a few dozen hours I'd got about 3 messages. I turned the cheat off and after the clock started getting higher, I started getting message regularly - often 3-5 at a time. If I enabled the cheat again I'd stop getting messages in the box. It seems like certain messages might be tied to the clock or until how many hours since the last message. Something like that.

On a different note, I messed around with the codes earlier in the thread that change what statue you have in your castle - the one of the person with the most melee kills. I think for most people it'll be Riou so it's nice to be able to change it. As the poster said earlier in the thread, if you start with Riou's code (800698B4) and add on 24 in a hex calcultor, you get a statue of Flik as he's considered "character 1" after Riou by the game. Add on 48 to Riou's code and you get Viktor as he's considered "character 2". What I don't quite get is how the order works after that. Eilie's code means she's considered character 12 since you add 288 to Riou's code to get her (12x24). Yet she's not the 12th character in the unit list whereas Flik and Viktor and 1st and 2nd in that list respectively which makes sense with how you figure out their codes.

Anyone have any idea what the character order is according to the game's coding?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah. They're loosely organized by unit type and the order in which they were added to the game. So a lot of the returning characters appear first, and new ones appear sort of roughly in the order you'll encounter them, but narrative changes probably threw that off as well.

You can find this in NAMES.BIN on the disc. "Suikoden" is the default value for the hero.

Code: Select all

0:          
1: Suikoden
2: Flik
3: Viktor
4: Viki
5: Sheena
6: Clive
7: Hix
8: Tengaar
9: Futch
A: Humphrey
B: Georg
C: Valeria
D: Pesmerga
E: Lorelai
F: Shin
10: Rikimaru
11: Tomo
12: Nanami
13: Eilie
14: Rina
15: Bolgan
16: Tuta
17: Hanna
18: Millie
19: Karen
1A: Shiro
1B: Zamza
1C: Gengen
1D: Gabocha
1E: Kinnison
1F: Shilo
20: Miklotov
21: Camus
22: Hauser
23: Freed Y
24: Kahn
25: Amada
26: Tai Ho
27: Anita
28: Bob
29: Meg
2A: Gadget
2B: Ayda
2C: Killey
2D: Sierra
2E: Oulan
2F: Genshu
30: Mukumuku
31: Abizboah
32: Feather
33: Badeaux
34: Tsai
35: Luc
36: Chaco
37: Nina
38: Sid
39: Yoshino
3A: Gijimu
3B: Koyu
3C: Lo Wen
3D: Mazus
3E: Sasuke
3F: Mondo
40: Vincent
41: Simone
42: Hai Yo
43: Stallion
44: Wakaba
45: L.C.Chan
46: Gantetsu
47: Hoi
48: Sigfried
49: Kasumi
4A: Rulodia
4B: Makumaku
4C: Mikumiku
4D: Mekumeku
4E: Mokumoku
4F: Chuchara
50: Jowy
51: Jowy
52: McDohl
53: Millie
54:
55: Apple
56: Templton
57: Kiba
58: Fitcher
59: Shu
5A: Tetsu
5B: Leona
5C: Huan
5D: Jess
5E: Hilda
5F: Alex
60: Emilia
61: Tenkou
62: Barbara
63: Richmond
64: Yam Koo
65: Teresa
66: Yuzu
67: Taki
68: Tony
69: Adlai
6A: Gordon
6B: Hans
6C: Connell
6D: Lebrante
6E: Tessai
6F: Raura
70: Annallee
71: Pico
72: Alberto
73: Jude
74: Jeane
75: Ridley
76: Klaus
77: Max
78: Marlowe
79: Gilbert
7A: Boris
7B: Pilika
7C: Pilika
7D: Gremio
7E:
7F:
80: Marx
81: Joanna
82: Leknaat
83: Lepant
84: Varkas
85: Alen
86: Grenseal
87: Anabelle
88: GRA
89: Makai
8A: Gustav
8B: Gorudo
8C: Luca
8D: Jillia
8E: Solon
8F: Culgan
90: Seed
91: Rowd
92: Jowy
93: Agares
94: Leon
95: Han
96: Genkaku
97: Sasarai
98: Neclord
99: Suikoden
9A: Nanami
9B: Jowy
9C: Jillia
9D: SSS
9E: Lilly
9F: Lucia
A0: Yuber
A1: Kage
A2: Antonio
A3: Lester
A4: Cleo
A5: Pahn
A6: Marie
A7: Sarah
A8: Tesla
A9: Liukan
AA: Eileen
AB: Elza
AC: Ellie
AD: Pohl
AE: Jowy
AF: Jillia
B0: Pilika
B1: Karen
B2:
B3:
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

So it sounds like you can have some fun with the statue by changing those variables to code to a later character on the list. A castle where Taki or Antonio has the most kills? I like that.