Ted glitch question.

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Redheim

Ted glitch question.

Post by Redheim »

I really don't know where I heard it, but somewhere I heard there is a glitch that allows you to play as Ted throughout this game. Is this really possible?
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
RangerDeon

Re: Ted glitch question.

Post by RangerDeon »

I've never heard of it. Je suis desole.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Yes I heard of this glitch too, supposely when you come to the part where you have to flee from Gregminster at the beginning, Gremio can disappear with Ted in his place. Never happened to me though.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

even if you can manage to do this, replacing someone like Gremio will likely crash your game or you will lose Ted next time all party members are removed.

with Playstation hardware, you can mess with memory card saves as discussed in the Suikoden II section, but it can obviously cause problems as well.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Just about anything can cause problems if you ulter with the game data or memory card data in ways that you shouldnt. With Game Enhancer and a spring placed on the eject sensor you can modify the console system in order to play foreign games, but it can cause some problems or just be extremely glitchy otherwise such as freezing. Though it may be pretty cool, you'll be taking a very high risk of ruining your game so you have to take caution doing that sort of thing.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Honestly, i'd do anyhthing to play as Ted. Even if that means buying an extra memory card, and doing it on that one.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

If that is really possible, is there a possibility that there is a cheat for gameshark to do that. I mean maybe they first intended Ted was your main character, but changed. Therefore, there my be some gameshark if that is true.....
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i would think there should be codes that allow you to choose Ted or Odessa from the party list, but i've never found anything. if you look at cmgsccc.com, the first character listed for recruit status is Gremio, who is 301B9AF4. i tried numbers before AF4, making them "recruited and alive", but nothing ever happened.

i haven't tried "all characters recruited" which might tag memory addresses i haven't messed with as "recruited and alive".... in Suikoden II the all characters recruited code allows you to choose McDohl from the party list.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Did you make sure you had the "Mode on" code active first before trying those codes Kfc? Sometimes I forget to do that.
I know this is slightly off topic of Suikoden, but I've done simular codes such as this with FFX and having Seymour in your party but while it may be fun to do, its certainly not that great as Seymour cant progress through the sphere grid, making him worthless IMO.
I couldn't see Ted being all that spectacular either, though he was a good magic user in Suikoden IV but obviously hes a little different in Suikoden 1 and in the short time we used him he was only able to shoot with his bow so I doubt they gave him any decent stats for runes.

By the way I tried that Mcdohl code in S2, it works fine but remember to have your 6th character slot empty or else the game will crash. Oh, and theres also the Aerith code for FFVII, she can actually be quite useful for mostly all of the game with her healing-based limit breaks such as Great Gospel, ect.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm not sure what "mode on" is, but Suikoden doesn't need a master enabler code or anything. i am pretty familiar with using cheat code devices for these games.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Yes thats what I meant. I usaully tend to call it Mode on simply because you're going into "Cheat mode" as I call it and enabling the use of cheats. I think maybe you're just not entering the right combination for the code and maybe thats why its not working, or maybe you're using the wrong cheat device. Code breaker codes wont work for Gameshark, or maybe you dont have a high enough version of whatever cheat device you're using, there could be lots of reasons.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Can you use PS1 gamesharks on PS2?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i have 2 PSX code breakers, but nowadays i just use the emulator and pec. codes from cmgsccc.com do work. if they didn't, i would have noticed a lot earlier...
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Redheim wrote:Can you use PS1 gamesharks on PS2?
No, its not compatible. However if you use it while you play PSone games it will work.
KFCrispy wrote:i have 2 PSX code breakers, but nowadays i just use the emulator and pec. codes from cmgsccc.com do work. if they didn't, i would have noticed a lot earlier...
Well then its probably either the current version of your PEC is outdated or you're entering the code wrong, or both. Some versions of PEC might not use certain codes while others will. Look around on aldotools.com. FYI, I use Codebreaker.com for most of my codes.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't understand what you're trying to tell me... the codes work and there is no "recruit Ted" code listed. i said i was trying some things out and they didn't work, and it's not necessary that there IS a code to add Ted to the recruit list if they never intended on putting him there.